2016 North Central PA Summit 9/30-10/2

I just looked at my schedule and I'm off that Sat and Sun. I just might be able to work something out...of course now that I mentioned it something will get botched. I'll let you know Andy.

pcray coming to the summit???? hell yeah!! Sas will chime in, but I'm sure there will be room. I usually sleep in my truck, much less burping, farting,snoring!!!
honestly, this is probably my favorite weekend of the year, a good bunch of folks, a great place to stay, awesome food and drink, and the fishing isn't to shabby!

Edit, then I read that turkey might come as well!

There's always more room, P-cray. 8 beds upstairs, 3 couches downstairs, lots of floor space, yard space for tents, no problems.

Far from a sure thing biker. Kids are the issue. Would be in big trouble if I left the wife with both for the whole weekend.

But, the weekend before we are taking kids camping. Caught wind that mother in-law may come and stay all week, if she can get a ride home. And, well, home is halfway to Potter Cty. Now, if I can talk the wife into taking the kids to Grammys for the weekend as part of taking her home, then I could drop everyone off on Friday and head north. Pick them up on the way back home Sunday.

Lots of stuff has to fall into place. But maybe. Just maybe...

I wish I had responsibilities to blame on my not coming. I am gonna have to go with laziness and being a buzz kill as my excuses.

I'll be there. Maybe with my wife.

I want to check out Kinzua. Anyone into spending a day over there? Is it worth bringing canoes or yaks?

lots of stuff to see around Kinzua. waterfalls, big rock formations, etc.
I can steer you to some good spots when we get closer.
I've never paddled the reservoir, but lots of people do, just have to remember it's also very popular with the boating crowd, although most are gone that time of year.

I know the Kinzua area pretty well too. But, umm, that's a pretty good hike from Squatch's cabin. 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hrs, depending on your exact destination (it's a big area).

Dude, Tim, you and Amanda should just skip renting a place and stay at the cabin. Last year, Chris's girl friend stayed with us and it was great! Jared didn't even freak her out ;-)

Pat you should just come. And Turkey coming is awesome. But the Daves skipping out SUCKS! I was hoping, DaveW, you'd be in, and not having Wetfly01 is, of course, a complete break with tradition.

I still think Les is in, and Moosehead was talking to me about this way back in March ;-) Anyone hear from Tom (Afishin)?

Tom (AFISHIN) and I have been fishing together a lot this summer. He is planning to come up

Pat you should just come.

Oh, I want to. But the decision really isn't mine to make...

For the jam, I MAKE it happen, and preparations happen months in advance. This one just kind of fell on me that it could be a possibility. Maybe.

IF the mother in law does come and stay a full week.

And IF, when taking her home, the wife agrees to bring the kids and stay there a few days...

gfoledc wrote:
Tom (AFISHIN) and I have been fishing together a lot this summer. He is planning to come up

Awesome. Are you going to come up w/ him, or do you need directions to the cabin?

PM sent, Roger.

I think most of you know where you're going by now, but if anyone needs directions or gps coordinates, PM me.

Les HAS to come, and bring SCRAPPLE!!!

I unexpectedly ran into Les today at J.M. Boswell's (pipe maker) customer appreciation day in Chambersburg. He's working out some logistics concerning grandkids' birthday parties, but trying to make it work. Scrapple request was placed, and Lep'nin bologna was promised in exchange.

Despite the lack of rain, Slate Run is reporting EXCELLENT smallmouth fishing on the Pine. Gettin' close, fellas!

Back