What Are You Tying Today?

added some eyes

Murdich with eyes

I’ve seen a lot of pretty flies on this site but to me this one is 100% fish slayer without a doubt! Nice fly bro!
Thanks man, appreciate that. I'll let you know how she fishes hopefully this weekend.

A buddy out in Utah has been dabbling the last couple years and is starting to get more into fishing. The past week, I've been putting together a dry/dropper box to drop in the mail and surprise him.

He's an Upstate NY transplant, so I'm going to duct tape it to a can of Cream Ale to ship.

PXL 20240720 002856012

A buddy out in Utah has been dabbling the last couple years and is starting to get more into fishing. The past week, I've been putting together a dry/dropper box to drop in the mail and surprise him.

He's an Upstate NY transplant, so I'm going to duct tape it to a can of Cream Ale to ship.

View attachment 1641236990
Like Genny Cream Ale? There was a point in my life where my caloric intake of Cream Ale was higher than for all other forms of nutrition. I loved the stuff!

I got a bucket of materials from someone, so I’m just playing with beginner patterns. Nothing like the artwork many of you display. I’m also finding (so far) that it’s easier for me to whip finish with my fingers than with a tool. That, and I need to use the vacuum, lol.

Mylar tubing streamer with extra scale flash tail.
IMG 3548

Butcher-Dark-1080.jpg

Butcher - Dark

Hook - Wet Fly
Thread - Black
Tail - Brown hackle
Ribbing - Brown silk
Body - Scarlet dubbing or substitute
Hackle - Dark red
Wing - Yellow and Black

This is an odd coloration of a "Butcher" fly pattern.

Flies - J E Leonard
Perrault's Standard Dictionary of Fishing Flies - Keith Perrault

A variety of crappie jigs. These may be fished on fly rods & spinning rods. We'll see.

Back