more good news

nymphingmaniac

nymphingmaniac

Does anyone have information about the volume of cold water available after completion? That is to say, will cold water run out at some point during Summer as it does on the Tully?

Bellwood Reservoir (49 acres) is much smaller and is being fed by much colder water than Blue Marsh (1150 acres). While in theory the same issue could occur at both once Bellwood is tailwater, they’re not really all that comparable IMO.

I think this is hopeful. I do wonder how much water will flow out of the dam during the midsummer, esp. one like this. It might amount to only a trickle. Even so, the bottom release should be an improvement and may increase the # of wild trout below the dam.

I think this is hopeful. I do wonder how much water will flow out of the dam during the midsummer, esp. one like this. It might amount to only a trickle. Even so, the bottom release should be an improvement and may increase the # of wild trout below the dam.
Agree with this.
This is indeed good news. Some details will clarify over time but this seems a significant local improvement and part of a larger, statewide, tick of the needle in the right direction.

Back