Juniata River WW JAM! August 2 - 4, 2024

Great, Dave!!

Since Josh is now a fancy Euro trout guy, there will be at least two "Warmwater Insurgents" in attendance at the J-Jam!!

Great, Dave!!

Since Josh is now a fancy Euro trout guy, there will be at least two "Warmwater Insurgents" in attendance at the J-Jam!!
Ha, I did start dipping my toes into the Euro-Game, didn't I? Since I am a small stream dude, the majority of my trout fishing is still traditional casting of fly lines with dries and whatnot, though.

I went trout fishing this morning. It was fun.

You bet Afish!
We'll learn the young fella outa his misguided ways and get him back on duh right track.

Hi Josh,
I would like to attend and bring a friend or two. This will be the first jam for me, so I am looking forward to meting some of the folks behind the names.

Sounds good. Attendance is growing..
The OP talks about a dish to share. What meal/day is that?
I plan to be there the whole weekend, Friday mid-day to Sunday afternoon.
Thank you for hosting!

The OP talks about a dish to share. What meal/day is that?
I plan to be there the whole weekend, Friday mid-day to Sunday afternoon.
Thank you for hosting!
Who knows when we will share what you bring. It's very low key and laid back. We kind of scavenge and eat whatever. I will cook chicken thighs one night and probably burgers another. I will also try to provide breakfast Saturday morning.

A better food schedule will be posted by me in a couple weeks as we draw closer to the time.

I really wish I could be there for this! I'm definitely on a smallie kick this year and this woulda been great.

I really wish I could be there for this! I'm definitely on a smallie kick this year and this woulda been great.
There is always next year. I think this is the 5th time I have hosted it. At least one was cancelled in the past for bad weather, too. The river was so blown out one summer it was basically unfishable all year.

I'll be honest, it's really really tough for me to get out of WV on a weekend. I work every Sunday...

It's become a great tradition having jifigz hosting the WW jam over the last several seasons - much appreciated.

The first PAFF WW jam - at least to the best of my knowledge - was one I organized on the lower Juniata in 2010. I believe the following year we had one up on the North Branch above Pittston in Afishinado's old stomping grounds. Both events were well attended, but poor fishing.

Since then, there have been some here and there. I have long felt we ought to have one in western PA on the Allegheny, but we've never really had many PAFFers who are as dedicated to that river as we do the Susky and Juniata and it would be a long trip for many of us. Perhaps someday. There's no reason not to have two WW jams in year if interest merits this.

I organized the first saltwater jam at Island Beach State Park some years ago and there were a handful of attendees. There have been a couple other salt jams that Fredrick organized further up the NJ coast, but salt jams seem to have faded away in recetn years and many PAFFers have come to feel that surf fishing isn't worth it these days.

Anyway, it's great to have the current WW jam in the location and format that Josh has graciously provided. It's centrally located and folks from around the state can get there.

Both events were well attended, but poor fishing..
Hey Dave, I think the "poor fishing" has been a consistent attribute with every time I've hosted it. Hopefully we can break that this year, but overall it seems we always catch the river in a slump.

The Juniata near me can fish really, really well, and I'd love for us to catch it at its peak for a jam one of these years.

It's become a great tradition having jifigz hosting the WW jam over the last several seasons - much appreciated.

The first PAFF WW jam - at least to the best of my knowledge - was one I organized on the lower Juniata in 2010. I believe the following year we had one up on the North Branch above Pittston in Afishinado's old stomping grounds. Both events were well attended, but poor fishing.

Since then, there have been some here and there. I have long felt we ought to have one in western PA on the Allegheny, but we've never really had many PAFFers who are as dedicated to that river as we do the Susky and Juniata and it would be a long trip for many of us. Perhaps someday. There's no reason not to have two WW jams in year if interest merits this.

I organized the first saltwater jam at Island Beach State Park some years ago and there were a handful of attendees. There have been a couple other salt jams that Fredrick organized further up the NJ coast, but salt jams seem to have faded away in recetn years and many PAFFers have come to feel that surf fishing isn't worth it these days.

Anyway, it's great to have the current WW jam in the location and format that Josh has graciously provided. It's centrally located and folks from around the state can get there.
Dear Dave,

I know this will be some horrible interpretation of a famous fishing quote, "But many people fish without knowing it's not the fish they are after." Considering it sufficiently butchered I can carry on below.

I haven't attended all the jams, Spring, WW, whatever, but I've attended enough to know that I personally didn't go to go fishing. I went to see people and put faces and names together with their screen personas.

In 1999 when the first jam for Jeff F and Shelby's wedding came about, I traveled from upstate NY to Penns Creek with an overnight layover at a friend's house in Muncy. When asked where I was going, I said "To a wedding." My buddy's wife Ann said, "Murph, no you're not you ******." But both statements were true, in their own way.

I committed to the WW Jam this year for one reason, and one reason only. That is to meet jifigz. He's literally the kid I was when I was still a kid long before the internet took its toll.

I'm coming to see people, period. If I catch a couple of fish that will be an added bonus.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Sucks. And I think I'm crazy... Maybe this is the 7th time? 🤔 Dang memory.
Yeah I should have made it a point to come to this before moving! Even before moving to WV I worked every Sunday, but things were more flexible when I was in PA. Hope you guys have an amazing jam! It sounds awesome.

Dear Dave,

I know this will be some horrible interpretation of a famous fishing quote, "But many people fish without knowing it's not the fish they are after." Considering it sufficiently butchered I can carry on below.

I haven't attended all the jams, Spring, WW, whatever, but I've attended enough to know that I personally didn't go to go fishing. I went to see people and put faces and names together with their screen personas.

I'm coming to see people, period. If I catch a couple of fish that will be an added bonus.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)
True. And said as well as it could be said.

Back