2014 Steelhead JAM - 7-9 November

Norm,

I should officially be Sat & Sun now. The room was cheap enough so figured I'd stay over.

Looking forward to it!!

Good to hear that Dan

You can add me to the list. I may be +1 still waiting on a friend to make a game time decision.

Question...Is anyone going up Thursday evening and going to fish Friday or is this usually a Friday arrival for the weekend?

This is going to be my only "get away" for the year and kinda wanted to make the most of it. If someone(s) are going up early, I could be easily tempted to do the same. Please let me know and we can discuss any options.

Thanks for all the good info in the thread. Really looking forward to expanding my addiction to Steelies!!!

Tony

I'm not sure what day I will be up. It could be Friday. May be both. I live close enough I can sleep in, drive up early and arrive at first light. ;-)

Depends on how my wife is doing, but her appointment with the sturgeon, err, I mean surgeon is the following weekend I think.

Just scratch of the day but leave me on the list. She likes Art and Jim, and feels I will stay out of trouble if I am hanging around old farts like that. :p

Tony, I'll be up on Thursday as I'm pretty sure some others will be also. there was a pretty good turnout last year on Friday. norm

Norm,

Sounds great...looking forward to it. Don't need much of a reason to add another day.

If there is anything I can do to help out. please ask.

Tony

As of right now, I'm in.........at least for the day on Saturday. Maybe Sunday too.

Not gonna stay overnight up there though. Just gonna go home after fishin Saturday then head back up Sunday morning.....

Is nello coming? I need someone other than biker to keep up with!

Quick question....Leaders??? I've read just about everything I could find on the site and elsewhere....what are your preferences?

Before I buy just about everything out there and have to have a separate pack for them!

I know it's somewhat individual but what is too light and what is too heavy?

Thx, T

I never fish below 4x. Flouro material is good, smaller diameter.

If you have to go below 4x , conditions will be tough. 9 foot leader should work.

If the water is up and a lil off color I will use 0x to 3x. I usually have a fly off the tag end of my last section of leader and weight between the dropper and point fly.

Flies- pink egg is number one for me. Throw in some big scramble egg or spawn and that 90% of my flies. For tough conditions some smaller nymphs- some white and couple PT's.

That about does it for me. Maybe a dark and a light color head bugger.

Good luck.

I've read some of this, but not all of this... without paging through, what are the actual logistics of meeting up? I'm doing an over-nighter 2 weeks prior so I don't think I will do another one, but I'd love to come up one or two of the days and meet up with everyone. Completely up in the air as to which day, but where do yinz meet in the mornings?

I will probably head up for a day or two.

FYI: looks like I'll be there starting wed. pm and seriously fishing Thur. If any one is in the area and would like to meet up PM me. GG

GG-

burning through days and wont have enough for NOV- gotta save a day or 2 for deer season but maybe sat or sun

NY this weekend

I was going thru some of my stuff and discovered I have 2 copies of 2 Steelhead books. If anybody coming to the jam doesn't have them I would be glad to pass them onto someone.

John Nagy's Steelhead Guide 4th edition

Rick Kustich Advanced Fly Fishing for Great Lakes Steelhead

If anyone is interested let me know and I'll bring them to the Jam, Norm

Can't make the JAM on those dates…bummed!

…but I can catch bigger fish at my home waters anyway.

Next time

Pro4mance. Id be interested in that rick kustich book. I dont think I have that one

The Nagy book is claimed.

Tim the Kustich book is yours it hasn't been claimed yet.

sweet!

Back