2014 Steelhead JAM - 7-9 November

Need rain badly! Fished yesterday and today and it's low! Not a lot of fish all over, very spotty. Pray for rain and do your dances!

forecast doesn't look very good next week, chance of some showers, nothing major.

I will be heading up on Wednesday, hope we get some rain, but not like the spring jam

Moose and I will be in Wednesday as well. Besides Norm anyone else want to meet up and fish together Thursday?
GG

There's about 1" of rain projected from Tuesday - Friday. That should be enough to keep the flows at a fishable level.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/erie-pa/16501/november-weather/330296?monyr=11/1/2014&view=table

I'm seriously thinking about joining this party, sounds like fun.

I'll have to leave middle of the night Sunday am though so I can work Sunday night.

Cathy, the steelhead jam was the first PAFF event I attended, it was actually the first time I was on a stream with a fly rod. That was 3 years ago. I've gone every year since then. It is an informal gathering, but I fish with friends I made on that first trip today and hopefully for many years. It is an awesome time no matter if the fishing is good or bad. Hope you can make it.

With only a few days to go are we communicating through this thread or the one in the General Forum? This is my first time attending so just wondering what to expect. I know Foley's is the morning meeting place. But after that...

I am traveling up Thursday and in for Friday, Saturday and some Sunday. I may be in early enough on Thursday to hit it for a few hours on Thursday as well. Staying at the Quality Inn in Fairview.

Any info would be appreciated.

Fish, with it being so close this thread would be the one. The general forum is the season long thread. Not sure which Quality Inn you are staying at. I'll send you a PM.
The usual meet up is between 7 & 8 AM at Foley's, then people will usually break into smaller groups to fish. Groups will usually consist of experienced, intermediate, with people taking less experienced under their wings. Like mentioned before it's an informal gathering but you will enjoy it, and hopefully get into some Chrome. Norm

Thanks Norm. Staying at the QInn off I90 at Route 832. Looking forward to it! Tony

Bruno and I are bringing a couple young lads up for the day Saturday. Hopefully we'll arrive early enough to see some of you at Foley's End in the morning. If not, hope to see you on the water.

I was up this Saturday and there are good numbers of steelhead well distributed in the tribs. There is even some rain in the forecast for late this week. With a little luck we could have some great fishing at this jam (for a change), in addition to the always great company.

WP_20141101_16_46_18_Pro.jpg

Haven't been on in awhile but I should be around this year. depending on work I will be out saturday and sunday. been a decent amount of fish so far but still need more rain. flow is dropping pretty quick and lots of leaves in the streams. I will try to keep the conditions updated as the week moves along. I work right buy elk so I check it daily. been in hunting mode as of late but my buddies have been catching fish.

Can I get an estimated roll call so I know how many donuts to bring?

Just reply here if you're going and what days you plan to attend.

I'll be there, fri morning for sure, but might drive up thurs evening. donuts, yum!!

Ryan, here's what I have so far.

Tim Robinson all days
DanL Saturday Sunday
Pro4mance Wednesday - Sunday
Gulfgreyhound Wed - Sun
Moose Wed - Sun
Farmerdave Saturday maybe more
ryguyfi
mario66penns
Bikerfish Fri - Sat
melvinp ?
wgmiller ?
Jvenezia
Streamerguy
Fishwagen
Mucka
Leteras
CathyG
albatross & young lad Saturday
Bruno & young lad Saturday

Are we still doing the Avonia Tavern on Sat nite? GG

Hoping to be up there Friday morning. Saturday is a little bit iffy as of right now.

As far as planning for donuts goes, I rarely eat more than a dozen.;-)

Fish are through the entire system now. Was able to bag this fish around Sterrettania.

Attachments

• bagfish.JPG
    bagfish.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 4
I'll definitely be there Saturday. Probably not Sunday but things can change....

Looking forward to it!

Avonia tavern friday too!!!! Best grease in the area!!

Back