What's your tying setup look like?

I also like the table, nice work

Yes I need to finish the shelf yet still. Im planning on adding a few more additions to it as well. I also made the tying bench out of oak that holds on my recent tied flies and threads. Thanks for the comments guys!!

Still more at my tying desk. Whats up with all the neatness? Better start tying!

Attachments

• IMG_6964.JPG
    IMG_6964.JPG
    581.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6967.JPG
    IMG_6967.JPG
    572.2 KB · Views: 3
Here's my fly tying desk.

Attachments

• Fly tying desk.jpg
    Fly tying desk.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 4
OMG that desk is INSANE!!! :-o

Yea, it's a really neat roll top. It has secret hiding places in it that I didn't find right away. One of them I was unaware of until I'd had the desk about five years! It was made by a company named "Winner's Only" but the last time I looked they had ceased manufacture of all their real roll top desks and were only making much smaller computer style roll tops. This desk is 60" wide by 33" deep with thirty-seven drawers/doors and eight open cubby holes. Plus it has a large, double doored, storage area under the center drawer against the rear section of the desk. I have it filled with tying material and need additional space for my overflow materials.

that's a nice lookin desk. i bet it nice havin somethin that closes up, keepin the dust away.

my dad wants to build one of those. not quite that big. but, he has some cherry, somebody gave to him for nothin, and he's lookin for a new project. we'll see how it turns out.

Your dad must be one heck of a skillful woodworker!

wbranch wrote:
Your dad must be one heck of a skillful woodworker!

Agreed. It's an astronomical project. I did one for my parents house. DO NOT try to make the tambour (the interlocked roll top part). First the bits are over $100 and secondly it is a beast. Buy it from Rockler or another online store. There is a couple hundred hours of other items involved in that desk. He will see drawers in his sleep! LOL. Oh, and I would suggest making the drawer section as an individual cabinet. Some folks build them in which is a mistake imo. Having it separate you can it it on top of the desk if needed to accommodate a computer monitor or something like that in the future.

jdaddy wrote:
I did one for my parents house.

How many innocent trees must I chop down along the Monocacy to get one of thsoe out of you?

I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into something like that.Pretty, though.

the rolltop was the part he was most lookin foward to doin, jdaddy. but, just cause he's never done one before. and it wont have as many little drawers in it, cause apparrently (and i learned this today), WE are building this as a fly tying desk. and when I say we, I mean mostly him, and I'll be the "hold this" guy.

still working on redoing mine it will be done in a day or two and I will post some pics. I have been working on it slowly to try to get everything in the right places this time so I dont have to redo for a while. I got some good ideas from the pics on here thanks.

Looks like Wbranch and I have similar tastes.

Attachments

• IMG_3070.JPG
    IMG_3070.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 4
My fly tying "drawer"

FlyTyingWS2.jpg

FlyTyingWS6.jpg

Stone table set up

Not everyone is a pro
:)

Attachments

• LETS GET SERIOUS.jpg
    LETS GET SERIOUS.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 1
Lol, mine is a fold out table with a bunch of walmart plastic cabinets...when we move we are getting a designated sportsman room

skybay wrote:
Stone table set up

Not everyone is a pro
:)

IS that granite or Silestone? If it is Granite, is that black or dark green?

The glare is throwing me off. The pattern of the stone reminds me of quartz, but there are a few granite colors that have that pattern, tis the reason I asked black or dark green.

jdaddy wrote:
That's Silestone. A professional would know that. :-D

I took it for granite.

Sorry, I just woke up. :roll:

Back