Pot Luck Swap?

mine are tied up and ready to go just trying to find an appropriate container to ship them in will have one today or tomorrow and then they will be on the way

yeah I will start this week I guess... over achievers

so is the number 25?i was only in one other swap before,so you have to explain to me.i don't know how many to send.

i usually dub without wax,but i have used toilet ring wax mixed with rosin and beeswax.seems almost the same as wapsi.for dark flies i sometimes use light thread and cobblers wax.there is also a sticky candle mounting wax i get at craft stores.also i have used plain bees wax.

Mine are done and will be in the mail in the next day or so.

Looks Like we are tying 17 since there are 18 ppl

i usually dub without wax,but i have used toilet ring wax mixed with rosin and beeswax.seems almost the same as wapsi.for dark flies i sometimes use light thread and cobblers wax.there is also a sticky candle mounting wax i get at craft stores.also i have used plain bees wax.

Gfens undying love is just getting deeper and deeper with info like this.

I tied 25 because I was in the zone and need to restock my box as well as a buddies. So, it sounds like I need to ship 17. Given that I may tie a second pattern just for the heck of it.

ok flies are done im sending 36 for the swap some for the mods and a few extra for the host everyone gets 2 besides the host and the mods (ran out of materials) sorry with a grand total of 43

jdaddy wrote:
Gfens undying love is just getting deeper and deeper with info like this.

My mancrush was solidified when Redsun reached into his box, and handed me a Shakey fly with the words, "here, you'll love this, its a Shakey" and I noted it was the highly awesome, and somewhat uncommon, black pennell.

Although, i tie mine with floss bodies, not dubbed/seal.

I was so pleased with it, I promptly dropped it into the stream so it could get washed away unused. Pure, virginal, untouched by my awful fishing... A sacrifice, a part of my undying affection for Shakey's ways, the hopes and dreams that his sheer Awesomenisity would somehow pervade my home stream, melding itself into the rocks, the water flowing past.

Spreading a little Shakey magic down through the Monocacy.

Meaning that, in a way, whenever I fish there, its like I'm stepping in the footsteps he's left behind; fishing in the shadow of the man, the sum of which exceeds the part.

Shakey.

Live the dream!

gfen wrote:

My mancrush was solidified when Redsun reached into his box, and handed me a Shakey fly with the words, "here, you'll love this, its a Shakey" and I noted it was the highly awesome, and somewhat uncommon, black pennell.

Although, i tie mine with floss bodies, not dubbed/seal.

I was so pleased with it, I promptly dropped it into the stream so it could get washed away unused. Pure, virginal, untouched by my awful fishing... A sacrifice, a part of my undying affection for Shakey's ways, the hopes and dreams that his sheer Awesomenisity would somehow pervade my home stream, melding itself into the rocks, the water flowing past.

Spreading a little Shakey magic down through the Monocacy.

Meaning that, in a way, whenever I fish there, its like I'm stepping in the footsteps he's left behind; fishing in the shadow of the man, the sum of which exceeds the part.

Shakey.

Live the dream!

Attachments

• Picture 310.jpg
    Picture 310.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 5
Heritage-Angler wrote:

I dunno, I thought it was pretty good, myself.

Although, for the record, I find the yellow pennel to be highly awesome come Sulphur time.

Shipped the flies today....12-10-10.... Sent 24.... If Jason needs more let me know..

Dizzone. Try to send them out this weekend

This getting too confusing!!!! How many do we need to tie to be legal for this swap?

magic number is 17 indeed.

in the mail tomorrow.

Ok..my first batch of 17 flies is ready to be shipped...should I send them and if I get the time to tie up 17 more of a different flavor...send them afterwards?

What say you master of the fly swap...

Boss

My 25 went in the mail this morning. Looking forward to seeing what everyone tied.
Mike.

mailed my flies yesterday

Back