Pot Luck Swap?

sholgate wrote:
I just liked the fact that the post office letter was on a 40th generation photo-copy rather than a printed letter, or something hand written. They are the best.

And WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO USING THE CORRECT CAPITALIZATION RULES?

Steve,

Stupid, dumb, retarded internet rules do NOT apply to the USPS. The internet thinks it's all that. It's not. It can't deliver mail . . . oh . . . ya it can. It can't deliver books . . . oh . . . ya it can. It can't . . . screw you guys, we can deliver flies for $.93 about 82% of the time. Want 99%? Pay $7.58 at UPS.

gfen wrote:
Seriously, though, if it were just like you and two other people, I'd totally make you wait.. but the most of the rest of these people don't suck.

That's ok. A lot of the other people didn't suck, but my god this post did.

gfen wrote:
Seriously, though, if it were just like you and two other people, I'd totally make you wait.. but the most of the rest of these people don't suck.

Specific slide show for step by step of the cheapest fly you'll use this year and one I became way lazy and sloppy about because frankly i never tie 24 flies at a time because that's just ludicris so let's just bang em out damn frederick for making me not just tie the proper spiders i planned on tying in the beginning because they're "30 second flies," bang bang bang this sucks next time its frickin spiders and al's rats for all.

Walmart Special: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30435912@N05/sets/72157625475007316/

Hornberg sweet babby jesus why did i pick this 88: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30435912@N05/sets/72157625480590114/

TL;DR

Fredrick wrote:
TL;DR

Just because the bulk of it is rantiness directed at you is no reason to pretend you didn't read it. ;)

Anyways, rather than moaning about things, you could (and djaddy) could politefully point out which ties you flied, although the Frederick tie is pretty obvious with the saltwater hook and all.

Gfen
thank you for posting the photos very good job.

Nice slide show gfen.
Thanks

They all look great!!!!!!

fred if you need my pattern ill tie you a few...

Frederick...

PM me and I will send you a few of the Banksia Bugs I tied...
Anyone else get hosed...

Boss

o yeah...forgot....we will all see the price of postage go up because they had to pay someone to print that paper and someone else to look for your flies...

Boss

boss_steb wrote:
o yeah...forgot....we will all see the price of postage go up because they had to pay someone to print that paper and someone else to look for your flies...

Boss

Thanks guys no need to send me anything I just want to see some pics with the fly I tied in some fishes mouth . But I will gladfully except donations if you see me at the Jambo HEHE

I dig it actually, but what's it called?

When we finally fish the Hook, I'll make it the first fly I cast. Deal?

Attached picture

Attachments

• IMG_0731-3.jpg
    IMG_0731-3.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 4
gfen wrote:
I dig it actually, but what's it called?

When we finally fish the Hook, I'll make it the first fly I cast. Deal?

It is a bay anchovy pattern

Fredrick could you please let me know all the materials you used in tying your fly? When you say goo is that shoe goo? thanks Fred

COWEN’S ANCHOVIE

A small baitfish imitation designed for false albacore, but great for bonito and other small tunny. Generally speaking because of their smaller mouths, little tunny go after smaller baitfish schools and rip through them with abandon. Often the best way to fish them is to cast into the fray
and let the fly dead drift as if stunned. Albies and bonito will often clean up the stunned baitfish after a blitz. Color, Shrimp/Tan.

Cowen’s Albie Anchovy (size #6 approx 1 ¾” length and size #4 approx 2 ½” length)Hook: Tiemco 811S (size #2-1/0)

Hook: Tiemco 811S (size #4-6)

Thread: Danville mono (size .006 fine)

Underbelly: White Polar Fibre

Wing: shrimp Polar Fibre

Belly Sac: Silver Gliss-N-Glow (or similar)

Body: E Z Body Braid (size medium) natural color

Eyes: Prismatic stick on (silver w/black pupil size #2)

Glue: Clear Cure Goo

Fred, I am with Gfen and think that's the first one I will bomb out into the salt. Sharkskin will get it out a few extra feet right?

fredrick thanks for the materials list a friend of mine saw the fly and really liked it so he wants to tie some up for himself.

Back