Pot Luck Swap?

so including flies for dave kile,moderators and charities,how many flies are we supposed to send?

I am about to send 21 is that about right?

Been on call this whole week, I've got seven more to go..should be out on Monday.

My flies are in the mail!!

Mine have the potential to be in the mail tomorrow, it depends on how much Punkin I drink tonight.

Gary, and who ever else is interested, I was thinking about buying some bulk chapstick containers on eBay to try to toliet ring thing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/25-Bulk-Brand-New-empty-White-Lip-Balm-Tubes_W0QQitemZ230557703933QQcategoryZ31801QQcmdZViewItem

They're dirt cheap and a nice applicator for dubbing wax. Anyone want any?

Beats having to clean out my wife's old lipstick tubes, eh?

THis is a Good Idea. I'll just buy a set, if I get this Overton's Faux done, I can give 'em out for presents.

Just a thought about the fake Overton.....

Maybe try mineral oil instead of olive oil. I'd be worried about olive oil potentially going rancid over time.

gfen wrote:
I'll just buy a set......

Just ask your wife if you can use the ones she's got in a box. :lol:

No need to include me on your Christmas gift list - I've got a lifetime supply of the real thing. :-D

Attachments

• IMGP0414.jpg
    IMGP0414.jpg
    835.8 KB · Views: 5
Heritage-Angler wrote:
gfen wrote:
I'll just buy a set......
Just ask your wife if you can use the ones she's got in a box. :lol:

So well done, I'd like to preserve this in full.

Humbled.

Oh...

Heritage-Angler wrote:
No need to include me on your Christmas gift list - I've got a lifetime supply of the real thing. :-D

You're off it, now.

I've never seen Overton's, just how tacky is it compared to the Waspi stuff? Am I allowed to come over before I mix up my batch for a test feel? Yes, I'm quite aware that'll be taken otu of context into an XN clip or another oneliner from you.

Dunno if you saw, Rod's moved to CO. Might come back once the shop is closed, though. Saw Corey down there today.

It looks about a million times stickier than the Wapsi "Super Sticky" solution.

Much as it pains me, I'll resist the witty comeback...

Re: Overton's - It ain't all that. It's in between the Wapsi Super Stickey and the regular (closer to the Super Stickey). If you have both formulations of the Wapsi stuff, you have a better selection for dubbing. Same deal with Swax.

I think a lot of the hubbub over the Overtons is just because it isn't available anymore. Nostalgia.

I personally think the new Hareline stuff is better, but again, you need two formulas to cover all the bases.

And no, you may not fondle my tube. :-D

I dunno, the orange tube o waspi isn't very sticky at all.

I'm not at home, so I cannot check.

Isn't dubbing wax cheap aready why go threw all that trouble with buying chapstick containers and mellting wax rings ?

Rods are pretty cheap, too, and come with warranties.
Flies are available for almost nothing in bulk from the Interwebs.

George Mallory, when asked why he wanted to climb Mt Everest, famously said "because it's there."

You ask...I say, "because I can."

So, nyah!

Besides, if this works, its tubes of Fauxverton's Wax in the swap forum for fun and profit.

Fredrick wrote:
Isn't dubbing wax cheap aready why go threw all that trouble with buying chapstick containers and mellting wax rings ?

Because the snow has set in and soon it'll be very Shining-esque. Got to keep busy in the winter months, and making dubbing wax is a good as, tying flies, making rods, building my tube amp, etc....

Had a great too-big lunch today with HA, and got a sample of Overton's to match.

I'm gonna definatly buy some of those tubes, melt me up some wax and then sell it off to make up my costs.

Then, I discovered the local teachers' store sells sparkle hot glue sticks! Winnrar is me.

I'm gonna definatly buy some of those tubes, melt me up some wax and then sell it off to make up my costs.

And never being one to under Jerrify things, I assume you will be printing up fancy colour sticky labels to put your brand and image on them?

jdaddy wrote:
And never being one to under Jerrify things, I assume you will be printing up fancy colour sticky labels to put your brand and image on them?

Fauxverton's Supermagifantaticorriffic Wax?

^ TL;DR

Back