Pot Luck Swap?

wetfly and jdaddy will be grandfathered in and we will extend the cap to 18. This swap is now extra full with no more room. Sorry to those who have missed the cap, but the PAFly Swap for 2011 is right around the corner.

This means you will have to tie 18 flys. So let's get a tying and email or PM me your pattern. I will hopefully be PM'ing my addresses to everyone later tonight after I get the kids to bed.

jdaddy wrote:
But bad news for Jerry. Vladi likes my ties. But not to worry, you
can burn the material off and use the ultra sexy hooks.

You can just include some bare hooks in there for me, then. I've got my new ultra hot Warsaw Pact pattern nailed down, I just crimp a size BB split shot to a #10 bait keeper, tie three on the end of my line and toss 'em with a spinning rod.

Its a long spinning rod though, so its cool. ;)

Seriously though, I suspect it'll get used. I also suspect it'll be hung up on some sodden twig at the bottom of a stream within 15 seconds of being tied on, although there is a possibility of it lasting several casts until an over-emphasized roll cast ends up putting it 10' up directly above my head in an almost impossible achieve position.

Coz I can do that. ;)

I just crimp a size BB split shot to a #10 bait keeper, tie three on the end of my line and toss 'em with a spinning rod.

Disqualified! Not competition compliant!

jdaddy wrote:
I just crimp a size BB split shot to a #10 bait keeper, tie three on the end of my line and toss 'em with a spinning rod.

Disqualified! Not competition compliant!

You went there.

What if I wrap a thread head on it? That'll give me something to soak the scent into, I learned that move from the B.A.S.S. Masters!

or you could just keep your nymphs in a jar with a clump of powerbait....

flipnfly wrote:

Wait, I thought that was a Green Weenie?

Man, I'm just no good at this fishing thing...

Hate to give out this little secret, but I soak all my nymphs in Gulp. And peanut butter makes a great floatant. ;)

these flies are going to be killers i think i have turkey scent on my fingers ......ohh wait that not turkey scent thats my uhhhh ohh never mind im almost halfway done and im tying 2 per person....

flipnfly wrote:
im almost halfway done and im tying 2 per person....

I ignored the inlaws and churned out 20 flies at their house in the cheapest possible manner using nothing but items aquired at 2am in Walmart, with the exception of feathers.

They came in a bulk bag in my starter kit 3 years ago. You thought I'd pluck a decent skin? HAH! Oh, and the dubbing came out of the dryer, too. Forgot 'bout that.

But, to be fair, I'm giving everyone two because I won't shaft people that bad..the second batch'll be out of proper stuff. Promise. Even off-brand "fly tying" hooks.

And so it begins :pint:

OK 30 second ties and xtra cheap flies everyone has to tie me two .

I have sent everyone a PM with my address. If I missed you please let me know. I also realized that I forgot to include my name with the PM half way through. You can find that on my profile.

JH

Fredrick wrote:

BTW, I hate you.

I was going to do a lovely, and simple minimalist thing, but because of your "no 30 second" thing I said I can't...the problem, all my ties are "30 second ties" except they stillt ake me 10 minutes coz I'm stupid slow.

But, no, no... I'm slowly churning my way through 22 flies, a pattern requiring _two_ different flosses, and a thread change so as to ensure its not "30 second" for you.

Grumble.

Also, because I wanted to, I included my 30 second-still-takes-minutes tie constructed out of things I bought at Walmart at 2am.

So, yeah, you'll get two.. You'd better be satisfied, bud. ;)

whats every one making fun of the san juan im tying for? and how did it leak out since im the only one who knows this "secret"

gfen wrote:
Fredrick wrote:

BTW, I hate you.

I was going to do a lovely, and simple minimalist thing, but because of your "no 30 second" thing I said I can't...the problem, all my ties are "30 second ties" except they stillt ake me 10 minutes coz I'm stupid slow.

But, no, no... I'm slowly churning my way through 22 flies, a pattern requiring _two_ different flosses, and a thread change so as to ensure its not "30 second" for you.

Grumble.

Also, because I wanted to, I included my 30 second-still-takes-minutes tie constructed out of things I bought at Walmart at 2am.

I aim to please .

gfen wrote:
Fredrick wrote:

BTW, I hate you.

Grumble.

Hormel Chili Emery Cat Emerger?

wsender wrote:
Hormel Chili Emery Cat Emerger?

No, but I did use the toilet seat wax.

How tacky is it? Is it worth picking up?

wsender wrote:
How tacky is it? Is it worth picking up?

Very. Maybe?

Granted, its only $2, so why not...but, I'm about to try soemthing different, mixing string rosin and bees wax to make something that's supposed to rival Overton's Wonder Wax, a substance I've never used or seen, but is seems to be regarded as the finest wax ever made.

I was considering picking up some Loon's wax, it's suppose to be good, but maybe I'll reconsider.

Instructions for faux Overton:
http://globalflyfisher.com/tiebetter/dubbingwax/

Toilet seat wax:
http://globalflyfisher.com/tiebetter/dubbingwax/toilet_ring_wax.html

Back