Paflyfish Jamboree 2015 - May 15-17

Dave, a timer is about $5 at Walmart.
I'll still get the coffee if you want me to and set up/help. GG

Plan accordingly.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/construction-to-begin-at-poe-paddy-tunnel-along-penns-creek-300060893.html

I can't believe they didn't consult fly anglers....

At least they are fixing it.

btw, Accuweather's LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG range forecast for the jam shows a nice week until Thursday, then a lot of rain on Thursday, then good weather again for the weekend.

Sounds familiar.....

pcray1231 wrote:
btw, Accuweather's LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG range forecast for the jam shows a nice week until Thursday, then a lot of rain on Thursday, then good weather again for the weekend.

Sounds familiar.....
That's what you get for telling them the jam is that weekend.

I just checked. there is some discrepancy when you look at there extended versus what they show in the monthly calendar for those day. I'm going with the Monthly Calendar. It aint bad.

Well, in late mid-late May, long range forecasting is easy. Pretty much every day:

Partly sunny, high of 80ish, low of 50ish, with a chance of thunderstorms.

:)

The whole gamble of good weather and decent conditions is half the charm of the Jamboree.

I look forward to the challenge.

The good thing is if you can make a week of it, or any trip, you should get at least two days of great conditions/weather, if not three.

That said, if you can only make a couple days like me, you need to do a lot of praying, if you are into that.

I would pay no heed to that prediction... Hell, they can't even get tomorrow right.

Then and now:

77.jpg

2720.jpg

It looks like "we have arrived".

In the 'now' pic, who's that handsome fella sipping on a natural ice? LMAO

Is that you Norm?

yes it's me Kray, it's actually diet bud

Thinking about bringing the pontoon this year, just in case the 7 Mountains float trip happens again this year.

Would have come in handy on some of those Penn's creek crossings.

Can you equip your jeep with pontoons?

I'm going to officially jinx it, but the extended forecast doesn't show a single drop of rain for the JAM. We better all just play the lottery now...

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/state-college-pa/16801/may-weather/335315?monyr=5/1/2015&view=table

Can't you just picture Jonas sitting in the shop wearing his aluminum foil hat - trying to predict the weather? :lol:

Back