Newbie Fish & Chips Session II - Saturday, July 28th

Foxgap239 wrote:
Very close to the old Liberty Bell Race track. It's about a 75 minute drive.

Ah, okay. I am very familiar with that area. The ride isn't too bad. Hope you have a few coffee's along the way.

Latest Update:

DJS (Dave) - Grill and hot sausage/rolls
Dave's Brother - Aardvark
Fox (George) - water, trash bags and Box of Joe (I hope)
Volksnurse (JT) - Soda with cooler and ice
Stag (Andrew) - burgers and rolls
GRP (Garrett) - Chips and condiments
Chaz (Chaz) - grill and meat plus his vast FF knowledge
Martin (Jeff) - Hot dogs/rolls and potato salad
Better Martin (Carolyn) - homemade Choc Chip Cookies
DD (Dan) - baked beans
CathG ( Cathy) - plates, napkins, plasticware and side tables
ADucker (Jeff) - shrimp (my hero)
SBecker (Shane) - tentative TBD
McFinn (Derrick) - corn on the cob and fixin's (boiled or grllied?)
H-A (Ed) - Pretzels and junk
PJHarrington (Paul) - tentative TBD
JoesyWales (Mark) - Venison and pineapple stuffing
OldLefty (Dave) - Tentative
PoconoPaul (Paul, I assume) - Tentative
Dave - Fly Shop Owner (our guest)

Invitiation is still open to anyone. Join us and just bring along something you think would be picnic worthy but let us know so that we make sure to have enough food for everyone. I show 20 possible attendees above so far, please make sure to let me know if I missed you.

Well, the temptation was too great. If all goes well I'll plan to be there around 7 a.m. I'll have both my fishin' and tyin' stuff so I'll have all bases covered.

I'll look forward to seeing you folks on the LL!

Dave R.

OldLefty wrote:
Well, the temptation was too great. If all goes well I'll plan to be there around 7 a.m. I'll have both my fishin' and tyin' stuff so I'll have all bases covered.

I'll look forward to seeing you folks on the LL!

Dave R.

Could use a few casting tips!

PoconoPaul wrote:

I think we can cover that. H-A is our resident casting Guru. Chaz and OldLefty are no slouches either. Maybe we could convince Troutbert to join us and we'd have a hell of a lot of bases covered!

Fox - What about Don?

As far as the casting goes, Old Lefty is THE MAN. He's still correcting all my bad habits.

Prepare to be amazed, ladies and gentlemen.

Foxgap239 wrote:
PoconoPaul wrote:

I think we can cover that. H-A is our resident casting Guru. Chaz and OldLefty are no slouches either. Maybe we could convince Troutbert to join us and we'd have a hell of a lot of bases covered!

Sounds good. While I am not a newbie there are times I struggle in certain situations. Of course in the last few years I've been having a lot of back issues, and it's limited my fishing, so rust is probably always a factor. I think overall I struggle with mending from time to time and could really use some tips and one-one to resolve.

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Fox - What about Don?

As far as the casting goes, Old Lefty is THE MAN. He's still correcting all my bad habits.

Prepare to be amazed, ladies and gentlemen.

I'd tend to agree. He has a graceful cast, that seems effortless in my (humble) opinion and can really work a lot of line out.

All set .. went with Mr. Chaz advice & picked up some Trico's M&F size 24 (slim pickings)& some other sizes. Fox .. I'm pretty set with the nymps u mentioned so I think I'm good just have you guys let mo know which ones are what sizes and wht to use if I switch over to nymphing. Picked up the last 2 greenie weenies they had no sucker spawns .. what ever they are (LOL)

-All this talk abt casting w/ OldLefty .. he's not the Lefty I'm thinking of, is he?

Stagger_Lee wrote:
-All this talk abt casting w/ OldLefty .. he's not the Lefty I'm thinking of, is he?

He's better than the Lefty you're thinking about. From what I hear, he's friendlier! :-D I have never met him but have heard a lot about him from my mentor. Newbies and us not quite newbies will benefit from the time spent with him and others that are planning to attend.

Volksnurse wrote:

Quote:

Stagger_Lee wrote:

You have the assignment of shadowing and un-tangling the like of me, the Arrdvark, and all the others who fall into the catagory of 'clueless' newbies

"So let it be written, so let it be done"

So what the he'll am I supposed to do?

You point me to the fish and help me unhook all the ones I plan on catching. Looks like we'll have more than enough newbies to keep ur untangling skills available :)

He's better than the Lefty you're thinking about. From what I hear, he's friendlier! I have never met him but have heard a lot about him from my mentor. Newbies and us not quite newbies will benefit from the time spent with him and others that are planning to attend.

Gotcha!

This sounds like it will be a great day! Not a newbie, been fishing for a while, but still will be nice to pick brains of those more experienced than myself to up my game. Now to get all my work finished for this week.

H-A, just spoke to Don and he is in. He was really excited for the invite!

When I told him OldLefty was coming (although he doesn't know him by that name), that sealed the deal! :p

This is unbelievable!

Maybe I should call Gary Borger? :lol:

Fish & Chips has gone big time!

Heritage-Angler wrote:
This is unbelievable!

Maybe I should call Gary Borger? :lol:

Fish & Chips has gone big time!

Slow down big boy...............take a deep breath!

Back