2017 North Central PA Summit 09/29-10/1/2017

Yo 'quatch, and others

Ratzo. I have to be in Cali for a few days next week, and that overlaps with this fun fishin. No scrapple or ffishing for me. sorry to flame out on this. I'll miss seeing you guyz (and gal)

'Tis true. Sal reunited me w/ the trustworthy FF75. Reunited and it feels so good!

LES! What the crap, man!? That sucks. Who will smoke pipes with me!?

First he suggests black plastic and now not coming?
No scrapple?!

Man that's a blow.
Was hoping you would be there. Maybe next year!

Looks good for me to get up there Friday evening through Sat.

Please check your PM Squatch.

Be great to see ya there Dave! Have any scrapple??

Scrapple and pumpkin belong in the same pile of barf!! GG

Got it Dave.

If anyone wants to bring rain, that'd be great ;-) It ain't as low as last Fall, but we may be puddle jumping again!

That hurricane would be nice to see.

So here comes the Swattie bail out...

Sorry guys, especially Andy. My dog has been very sick for the last 10 days. Some mild improvement over the last 48 hours, but there's no way I can kennel her, or ask my brother to watch her for us to get up. Just talked to my Dad, and we cancelled our trip up altogether. Bummer. My Fall trip up to the cabin is one of my favorite weeks of the year, and it was nice it fell on Summit weekend this year, but priorities are priorities. Have fun guys, eat well, and stick a couple Brookies for me.

Sorry about your dog, man. That's a legit reason to not go!

Yeah, it stinks, literally.

Put up some good pics and stories.

Will do, Swattie. We still have a great group coming up:
Sasquatch
Father of Squatch
Bikerfish +2 buddies
Sal
Artifishal & Kelly
Moosehead_Belle
Turkey
RickinPA
Dave_W

And I KNOW Skybay, despite his anger at Moosehead for abandoning him in the woods w/ the "Boogey Man" will be there!!!!

I will attempt to bring scrapple...

Sas,
Counting the hours, Sausage and Peppers are in the HOUSE ready for heat.
Talked wife into staying until Monday, if others are staying.
Moosehead_Belle
P.S. Skybay BETTER come!!!

I'm bringing some breakfast stuff, sausage, eggs, taters, etc. Also trying to do a pot of chili for one evening after fishing.
I'm still doing a rain dance!!
Last year, yep, low low water, then a thunderstorm somewhere upstream of us on Lyman, water up and muddy within minutes, wooly bugger tied on and the biggest fish of my trip. water dropped as fast as it rose, and the fishing turned off like a switch.
See you all thurs evening.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone. I'm working on some type of food but not sure yet. Hopefully any trips to Phil B's shop are voluntary and not because someone forgot their reel back in Potato City.

Yeah don't worry Turkey, I'm done w/ that guy ;-)

Guys,

Since I can't make the trip this year. Thought I would contribute a little info to you all on what's happening on a few of the streams in the big woods. I've been in the area fishing for the past 4 weekends. Fishing on Kettle Cr, Cross Fork Cr, Big Pine and Young Woman's Cr. All streams are nice and cool. Fish seem to be moving away from the feeder streams and spreading out a little. Water flows on all still VERY low. Pray for a little rain. The wild trout fishing on Cross Fork Cr and Young Woman's Cr have been fishing pretty good. Kettle & Pine started fishing decent after Sept 2nd and has gotten a little better. On Pine fished mostly below Slate Run, Kettle above Bundle Bridge in through the project and above. On all of the streams fished elk hair caddis's and stimulator's and fish were eager to eat them. I can tell you this also, get ready to put some boot miles on,holes and deep riffles are pretty spread out especially on the wild trout streams.

I'll be thinking about you guys and have a great trip. Hope to see a good report with plenty of pic's.

Dave

Thanks Dave. We're all still disappointed you can't make it again. Les Trout is unable to come too...and Jared is still iffy!? I've been texting him pictures of him fly fishing, telling him, "big brrrrroookie waiting for you".

I think you hit our spots overall. I'll be up there hopefully by this time tomorrow (was gonna leave tonight, I will probably just sleep at home and get on the road butt-early). I'm planning on taking Moosehead out to a few streams closer to Denton Hill, but Friday and Saturday will definitely be the runs to those areas you mentioned (Kettle/Cross Fork/Pine at Slate, etc.)

We've become accustomed to low conditions in the Fall. It is what it is! But when I compare the gauges right now w/ where they were at last year before our summit, we can thank God we had the summer we had this year!!!!

THE LONG LOST SKYBAY HAS BEEN FOUND AND IS COMING!

This is it, gang! We're loading up the cars, we're priming the pump at the cabin, the food is being cooked, the beer is being iced, the Fall weather is moving in tonight!!!

We are heading to Potter County, blessed Promise Land.

If anyone wants in last minute, that's GREAT! Send me a PM on here and if it's sent before 8pm tonight, I will get it and give you all the info you need.

Great, I would be able to come over Friday and fish with you guys.
~~~

Attachments

• North central Summit 2017.jpg
    North central Summit 2017.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 5
  • Potter County Jam.jpg
    Potter County Jam.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 4
Back