2017 North Central PA Summit 09/29-10/1/2017

Bumping this up as we're just about a month out. Might soon be time to roll-call this sucker and start talking food. This summer has certainly set us up for an amazing Fall!

OK Roll Calling because I'll be up on Denton Hill in less than a month.

Definites:
Squatch
Father of Squatch
Sal
Biker
gfoledc (still in Roger!? Haven't heard from you for a while!)
Les Trout

Maybes:
Wetfly01
Turkey
Tim_Robinsin
Shakey

Anyone hear from Skybay lately!?

Swattie, still waiting for you to confirm that you're not coming :p DaveS, we have a bunk open for you if you need a place to crash on your way up to the D!

DaveW, what are you thinkin? Still thinking about trying to come?

My wife (Kelly) and I are planning to come up this year. We're putting the request in at work today. We missed the trip last year due to not having and vacation time left. A honeymoon will do that. : ) I'll confirm we're coming as soon as the vacation request is approved.

Squatch, my Dad and I will be up that weekend. Getting up there early Saturday afternoon probably. We'll figure where you guys are at and see if we can't hook up to fish the afternoon/evening. Assuming you'll probably be on The Pine somewhere, but we'll make sure we get in touch that day sometime. I lost your cell number in one of my latest cell phone transitions, so I'll PM ya.

Artifishal wrote:
My wife (Kelly) and I are planning to come up this year. We're putting the request in at work today. We missed the trip last year due to not having and vacation time left. A honeymoon will do that. : ) I'll confirm we're coming as soon as the vacation request is approved.

Chris this is great news all around! I was trying to find some way to contact you yesterday to see if you guys would come. Congrats on the nuptials as well!!!!

Swattie, got it. Chances are we'll be in your neck of the woods on Saturday actually Though who knows? It's never been very structured.

Jared...WHERE ARE YOU MAN!? No one will catch anything w/out your carpet munching leeches

The_Sasquatch wrote:
DaveW, what are you thinkin? Still thinking about trying to come?

I'm still a possible... but from where I live it's too far for a day trip. Hopefully I can still pull it off.

yeah it's definitely gotta be a weekend trip.

'Squatchy, your camp is one of the best places I've every shared a meal and the resulting fellowship has always been excellent. Of course I'll always miss the old stove...

But it's just not in the cards this year. Please keep me on the mailing list, because hosting people to your camp is a tremendous act of kindness. Hope I get back there soon.

Good luck to all. Catch a bunch.

Found this video. Looks like a great time. Fun had by all a few years ago:

DaveS wrote:
'Squatchy, your camp is one of the best places I've every shared a meal and the resulting fellowship has always been excellent. Of course I'll always miss the old stove...

But it's just not in the cards this year. Please keep me on the mailing list, because hosting people to your camp is a tremendous act of kindness. Hope I get back there soon.

Good luck to all. Catch a bunch.

Will do, Dave. I love having everyone up. I look forward to this all year!

Heard from Moosehead_Belle, and he's in (comin' up Thursday).

Skybay? Anyone hear from him lately!? Hope he's OK

I'm taking/took off Friday.
I might be in for Thursday and Fishing Friday am

If Jared doesn't come it won't be the same.

Sounds good Sal. Moosehead said he's coming up for fishing on Thursday. I'll be up late Wed. night.

Heck should I try for Thursday and Friday?
lol I might be able to now

Edit: I'll try anyways, fishing is better than work. If it's not ok I'll just fish my way up there :lol:

Sasquatch,

Looks like I won't be making this years Summit. I have to work that weekend. This is the second year in a row I had to miss out on a great time in the mountains with you guys & gals. One thing for sure its definitely a good time spending a few days fishing with you all. Made some new friends and memories. Again thank you to you and your dad for hosting this outing at your camp. I be looking for the dates for next fall on the forum. Hopefully the fishing will be good and hope skybay shows up, but you know how he likes to get lost. Have a great trip. I'll be looking forward to reading about the trip and seeing some nice pictures.

Ahh man. Jerry's gonna be disappointed, Dave! Are you guiding (when you say "work") the whole weekend?

Skybay's lost already...

Sasquatch,

No, not guiding. I have to work all weekend at the hospital, tried changing my shift but couldn't make it happen. Hopefully see you all next fall. If you and Jerry make it to any of the fly fishing shows over the winter stop over and BS with me. I'll be on fly tiers row. Again you all have a great time.

P.S. My son just came back from Big Pine Cr on Sunday. With the cool temps now the trout are spreading out and eating. He took some nice browns between Slate Run and Cammal.

I have Skybay on my LinkedIn page and it looks like he recently got a new job. That might be cutting into his internet time to see this post...

My official depart time is around 12 noon Thursday. should be up there in time to fish :pint:

Sorry you can't make it Dave. I always enjoyed talking with you. Well at least now we won't hear stories of grandiose hatches with never ending fish at darling run. Better yet your wet fly bambooin' won't be making us look bad. :lol:
Seriously though I'll miss your presence.

I suggest we start a lower Alleghenies search for Sacajawea of the North. Jared must come!

Back