Orvis wader repair service

wildtrout2

wildtrout2

Curious if anyone has ever used Orvis's wader repair service, and how it worked out? They say the service cost is $60, which sounds very reasonable. I always put a thick towel down to stand on when I'm getting into and out of my waders, so I believe the booties are OK. I can't find anything resembling a possible leak location anywhere on my Ultralight Convertible waders. I'd rather not drive myself nuts trying to find where a leak might be, so this sounded like a reasonable option. Thanks for any insight.

Curious if anyone has ever used Orvis's wader repair service, and how it worked out? They say the service cost is $60, which sounds very reasonable. I always put a thick towel down to stand on when I'm getting into and out of my waders, so I believe the booties are OK. I can't find anything resembling a possible leak location anywhere on my Ultralight Convertible waders. I'd rather not drive myself nuts trying to find where a leak might be, so this sounded like a reasonable option. Thanks for any insight.
Dear wildtrout2,

I've had waders repaired by Simms and another custom wader maker but never by Orvis. They both did their job, so I suspect Orvis will do the same. My only question based on your post is what is included in the $ 60.00 charge? Do they just patch a leak, or do they patch any leaks and put new booties on and reseal them. If they do the latter then that seems like an absolute bargain price.

One last thing you can try before you send them away is to take the waders into a dark room in your house, a hall bathroom without a window is ideal. Turn the lights off and stick a Mag-lite or similar small flashlight in the waders and check for light leaks. A light leak equals a wader leak.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Dear wildtrout2,

I've had waders repaired by Simms and another custom wader maker but never by Orvis. They both did their job, so I suspect Orvis will do the same. My only question based on your post is what is included in the $ 60.00 charge? Do they just patch a leak, or do they patch any leaks and put new booties on and reseal them. If they do the latter then that seems like an absolute bargain price.

One last thing you can try before you send them away is to take the waders into a dark room in your house, a hall bathroom without a window is ideal. Turn the lights off and stick a Mag-lite or similar small flashlight in the waders and check for light leaks. A light leak equals a wader leak.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)
Not really sure what is included for the $60 repair. I will try your suggestion with the flashlight though. Much appreciated. Believe it or not, it's the first time I've ever had Orvis waders leak. These are four years old, so I guess they don't owe me anything. I'm trying to avoid spending $300 for new ones though. :)

Back