2012 PAFF Eastern PA Fly Tying Jamboree, 12/15/12

• Thread starter Heritage-Angler
  • Start date
Tentative. Would tie, but someone's got my patterns already. Always great to see other perspectives.

You'll be missed, dub. Family always comes first. We're not holding anyone's feet to the fire when it comes to attendance of this event. Life has a habit of getting in the way of "fun time".

Jeff and Paul - I'll list you as spectators for now. If you change your mind and want to tie, we'll squeeze you in somehow. It'll be nice just seeing you characters again!

Jeff - might see you this weekend, if I can sneak away. Team shuffleboard - losers have to eat wings with "After Death" sauce. I call Fox for a partner. It's a win/win for me!

Updated attendance list:

Eunanhendron - Special Guest Tyer

gaeronf - TBD
SBecker - LW Frontliner
Frequent Tyer - Quill Gordon
Foxgap239 - Hi Vis Parachute Adams
delta_dog - GT Caddis
Surveyor06 - Hare's Ear Nymph
whheff - JC's Electric Caddis
gfen - flymph
PhilC - comparadun
OldLefty - Isonychia nymph
Volksnurse - one feather bugger
mooney4 - TBD
beeber2 - Slumpbuster streamer
jay348 - Jiggy streamer
dc410 - "Pick Pocket"
WildTigerTrout - Foam Beetle
daman1277 - ant
moonbeam - TBD
SkyBlue - CDC Sulphur
blueheron - Perlid Stonefly
GRP - pheasant tail nymph
TimRobinsin - spectator
mushumatt - two bit hooker
martin0206 - spectator
PoconoPaul - spectator

Wow Ed this looks to be quite the spectacle I am going to try my best to attend schedule permitting

If there is still room, my 7yr old daughter would like to tie a wooly bugger. The only issue would be that we need to be somewhere in the afternoon, so an early spot would be required. If that's possible and everyone is OK with it, we'll be there.

Erik

Fredrick - As usual, per every event I run, you'll be there as event security. Since you are stealthy like Ninja, we just don't always see you. :-D

Erik - No problem. Your daughter can tie 3rd in the rotation. Don't want to have her lead off, so 3rd should work out OK. Make sure you guys sit at the second table to the left of the door. We're going around the room in tying sequence, just like last year.

FWIW, gaeronf is leading off the rotation. He'll be sitting at the first table to the left of the door. No pressure.

Updated attendance list:

gaeronf - TBD
SBecker - LW Frontliner
delta_dog - GT Caddis
gfen - flymph
PhilC - comparadun
mooney4 - TBD
jay348 - Jiggy streamer
dc410 - "Pick Pocket"
daman1277 - ant
moonbeam - TBD
SkyBlue - CDC Sulphur
TimRobinsin - spectator
martin0206 - spectator
PoconoPaul - spectator
Fredrick - security
ebroesicke - Wooly Bugger (tied by Erik's daughter)

Heritage-Angler wrote:

Jeff - might see you this weekend, if I can sneak away. Team shuffleboard - losers have to eat wings with "After Death" sauce. I call Fox for a partner. It's a win/win for me!

I ain't eating that sauce, no way, no how! :pint:

Relax - I'd eat your share.

Besides, no way we'd lose. I've seen you......shuffle. :lol:

You guys wouldn't stand a chance.No way,No how!

FlyFishingNZ sent me an email today to tell me he is sending a framed salmon fly to have raffled off. Money from that raffle he would like donated to NewTyers daughter.

SBecker wrote:
FlyFishingNZ sent me an email today to tell me he is sending a framed salmon fly to have raffled off. Money from that raffle he would like donated to NewTyers daughter.

While I sincerely appreciate the donation and the gesture, this creates a problem.

The raffle was advertised as I posted in post #1 of this thread.

"100% of the proceeds from this raffle will be given to the Lehigh Gap Nature Center, as a "thank you" for allowing us to use their beautiful facility."

The LGNC is a non-profit organization - the implications of this are obvious. The recipient of the raffle proceeds was stated in soliciting donations from all of the sources I've received them from. Changing this is something I'm not willing to do, and it'd be misleading to the donors. This isn't the first request for this to be done, and the other person requesting it was told the same thing. We're not going to deviate from this policy, and we're not going to have two raffles.

We're ARE going to take up a collection for NewTyer1, and this will be announced at the beginning, and the end of the event. This is separate, and distinctly different from the raffle, so there is no conflict. Gfen and I will see to it that these donations get to NewTyer1, and we'll record who donated (not the amount) so that NewTyer1 has the chance to thank those who donated funds to him.

I would have preferred to handle this via PM, but decided to post it here, so that everyone can see and hopefully understand my reasoning.

H.A.

SBecker wrote:

Becker, I think you ought to be raffled off too.

Hopefully you can make it this weekend Ed...I'm not sure if you heard but last time I stepped up to that shuffle board table I did own it for quite some time but I am also with Fox that no way I am eating that sauce..Should be a good time. As for tying I might be able to get good enough at a pattern to tie..That's pending how much you guys can help me this weekend..Some I think I have done pretty well..others are best kept in a tree where I would likely deposit them anyway.

Believe me - I'm trying Jeff. I probably won't know until Friday morning if I can escape the forced labor camp. ;-)

Even if I can't make it, your favorite canines will help you out big time. Don't let 'em scare ya!

Updated attendance list:

gaeronf - TBD
SBecker - LW Frontliner
delta_dog - GT Caddis
gfen - flymph
PhilC - comparadun
mooney4 - TBD
jay348 - Jiggy streamer
dc410 - "Pick Pocket"
daman1277 - ant
moonbeam - TBD
SkyBlue - CDC Sulphur
TimRobinsin - spectator
martin0206 - spectator/TBD
PoconoPaul - spectator
Fredrick - security
ebroesicke - Wooly Bugger (tied by Erik's daughter)
CrazyGrady - TBD

Jeff we should just teach the wife how to tie so she can tie flies that will actually catch fish. She already out fishes you so she's bound to tie better flies too. :)

>>Becker, I think you ought to be raffled off too.

What do you think a larissa is worth?

Hey no problem, I did not try to solicit donations, he was sending Jay and I some stuff and jay and I were planning to donate materials to the raffle. He heard there was going to be something to raise funds for Newtyer and decided to send something special. Never did I ask him to. I will just take the salmon fly and figure out something at a later date. I don't think his intentions were ever to cause you any problems. It was only good intentions.

There is a possibility that I cannot make it. Not sure as of yet but there is a chance (have to pick my sister up from Penn State).

SBecker wrote:
Hey no problem, I did not try to solicit donations, he was sending Jay and I some stuff and jay and I were planning to donate materials to the raffle. He heard there was going to be something to raise funds for Newtyer and decided to send something special. Never did I ask him to. I will just take the salmon fly and figure out something at a later date. I don't think his intentions were ever to cause you any problems. It was only good intentions.

It's all good. I figured it went down something like that.

I wuz thinking of how we could keep everyone happy with this, and had an idea. If it's OK with FFNZ and you, we could give the fly to the person donating the most. This might boost what people donate - kinda like an auction, but NewTyer1 gets all the bids. Whatever you guys decide is fine with me.

gaeronf wrote:
There is a possibility that I cannot make it. Not sure as of yet but there is a chance (have to pick my sister up from Penn State).

Don't make me mail you your Christmas present. ;-)

Heritage-Angler wrote:
SBecker wrote:

It's all good. I figured it went down something like that.

I wuz thinking of how we could keep everyone happy with this, and had an idea. If it's OK with FFNZ and you, we could give the fly to the person donating the most. This might boost what people donate - kinda like an auction, but NewTyer1 gets all the bids. Whatever you guys decide is fine with me.

Yea it does not matter to me. I thought to make it easier on you and not make anything difficult or confusing for the Jam, to do a silent online auction.

Back