2012 PAFF Eastern PA Fly Tying Jamboree, 12/15/12

• Thread starter Heritage-Angler
  • Start date
SBecker wrote:
I thought to make it easier on you and not make anything difficult or confusing for the Jam, to do a silent online auction.

Remember - I'm old, and easily confused. I have no idea how to do this. Google just confused me even more.

If you want to PM me how this should be done, I'm all ears. If not, we'll just wing it on the 15th. How hard can this be? (famous last words) :lol:

Updated attendance list:

Eunanhendron - Special Guest Tyer

gaeronf - TBD
SBecker - LW Frontliner
Frequent Tyer - Quill Gordon
Foxgap239 - Hi Vis Parachute Adams
delta_dog - GT Caddis
Surveyor06 - Hare's Ear Nymph
whheff - JC's Electric Caddis
gfen - flymph
PhilC - comparadun
OldLefty - Isonychia nymph
Volksnurse - one feather bugger
mooney4 - TBD
beeber2 - Slumpbuster streamer
jay348 - Jiggy streamer
dc410 - "Pick Pocket"
WildTigerTrout - Foam Beetle
daman1277 - ant
moonbeam - TBD
SkyBlue - CDC Sulphur
blueheron - Perlid Stonefly
GRP - pheasant tail nymph
TimRobinsin - spectator
mushumatt - two bit hooker
martin0206 - spectator/TBD
PoconoPaul - spectator
Fredrick - security
ebroesicke - Wooly Bugger (tied by Erik's daughter)
CrazyGrady - TBD
hack & Ben - spectators

Heritage-Angler wrote:
SBecker wrote:
I thought to make it easier on you and not make anything difficult or confusing for the Jam, to do a silent online auction.

Remember - I'm old, and easily confused. I have no idea how to do this. Google just confused me even more.

If you want to PM me how this should be done, I'm all ears. If not, we'll just wing it on the 15th. How hard can this be? (famous last words) :lol:

Would it be possible for Becker to sell the fly in the swap forum to the highest bidder and then add that money to the collection at the Jam? Maybe that is what you mean by a silent auction.

The lineup for the 15th is looking better every day!
Mike.

FrequentTyer wrote:
Heritage-Angler wrote:
SBecker wrote:

Would it be possible for Becker to sell the fly in the swap forum to the highest bidder and then add that money to the collection at the Jam? Maybe that is what you mean by a silent auction.

The lineup for the 15th is looking better every day!
Mike.

This is exactly what I ment. Just put it up on the swap forum take bidders through my PMS highest bidder receives the fly. Think this would be the easiest way to go about it.

update DEAL DONE Thanks

I will try to attend this, but of course I can barely tie shoes :)

Here's a swap proposal in case someone can tie flies to barter at the event. Good condition st croix imperial 6'6" 3w (images below) for 3 dozen size 14, extra hackle, superbright post Adams flies w/pinched barbs (image below). (Pls note the very heavy hackle on the flies.)

The Imperial is a great rod, but I want a 6'6" rod as a bushwhacker in 4pc build; just got a closeout 6'6" 4 pc 3w echo carbon. PM if interested, if there are multiple takers, first PM saying they want the deal is the deal, thanks...

Attachments

• 8248954677_fe4cbec45b_z.jpg
    8248954677_fe4cbec45b_z.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 8248954023_17338b92a1_z.jpg
    8248954023_17338b92a1_z.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 8250023190_27c23f65de_c.jpg
    8250023190_27c23f65de_c.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 5
k-bob wrote:
PM if interested, if there are multiple takers, first PM saying they want the deal is the deal, thanks...

PM sent

thanks another fast PAFF deal done!

Bob - If Fox was the lucky winner, I'll throw in a dozen of my new brookie flies. It was named in his honor.

I'll explain the name at the tying jam - you'll get a chuckle out of it. :-D

Attachments

• Fox  G.B.F..jpg
    Fox G.B.F..jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 4
Fox send a message from skilled fly maker who'll get the imperial, but thanks

btw, I have made several gear-for-flies deals here and the flies have all been great.

12/15 event location is also near outstanding chicken-wing source I learned about on PAFF

HA, I do like the pink, would blend in well with the subtle colors of nature in my brookie flies :) ...

Attachments

• 7976525334_85b9e62108_z.jpg
    7976525334_85b9e62108_z.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 4
Looks like you'll need sunglasses when you open that box!

I've got some flies to add to it. ;-)

H-A ... You named a strange looking fly after Foxgap? Is it called " Curious George?". :)

Much worse. :lol:

delta_dog and I will tell you the whole story. It's hilarious, but not fit for forum consumption.

Even Fox laughs about it. He's a gem!

I know you all were worrying and losing sleep *sarcasm*. But it seems that we are going to pick my sister up Sunday. So I should be able to make it.

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Bob - If Fox was the lucky winner, I'll throw in a dozen of my new brookie flies. It was named in his honor.

I'll explain the name at the tying jam - you'll get a chuckle out of it. :-D

Looks like something you'd try and park next to my car... :roll:

My schedule isn't great for this date, but I plan on making it to this event around noon. I'll be a spectator. Very much looking forward to this.

mkoloch wrote:
My schedule isn't great for this date, but I plan on making it to this event around noon. I'll be a spectator. Very much looking forward to this.

Glad to have you attend! I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Updated attendance list:

Eunanhendron - Special Guest Tyer

gaeronf - TBD
SBecker - LW Frontliner
Frequent Tyer - Quill Gordon
Foxgap239 - Hi Vis Parachute Adams
delta_dog - GT Caddis
whheff - JC's Electric Caddis
gfen - flymph
PhilC - comparadun
OldLefty - Isonychia nymph
Volksnurse - one feather bugger
mooney4 - TBD
beeber2 - Slumpbuster streamer
jay348 - Jiggy streamer
dc410 - "Pick Pocket"
WildTigerTrout - Foam Beetle
daman1277 - ant
moonbeam - TBD
SkyBlue - CDC Sulphur
blueheron - Perlid Stonefly
GRP - pheasant tail nymph
TimRobinsin - spectator
mushumatt - two bit hooker
martin0206 - spectator/TBD
PoconoPaul - spectator
Fredrick - security
ebroesicke - Wooly Bugger (tied by Erik's daughter)
CrazyGrady - TBD
hack & Ben - spectators
mkoloch - spectator

Is there an address for the building where this being held? Perhaps it was buried somewhere in the middle of the thread and can be added to the first page?

There's a link to the thread in the announcement forum in post #1 of this thread.

The post in the announcement forum has a link to the Lehigh Gap Nature Center. That link has directions to the Osprey House of the LGNC.

We'll be in the main hall of the Osprey House. Just to avoid having to go back and look for the links, here is the directions to the Osprey House:

http://lgnc.org/maps-directions

Aren't we meeting in the blue heron room of the osprey house?

blueheron wrote:
Aren't we meeting in the blue heron room of the osprey house?

After they see your flies, maybe they'll rename it. ;-)

When you enter the Osprey House, the hall is on the left of the reception desk. Can't miss it.

Just a reminder - bring a tying light. The lighting is pretty good in the hall, but I know I still need a tying light.

Ed do we need an extension cord?

Back