2012 PAFF Eastern PA Fly Tying Jamboree, 12/15/12

• Thread starter Heritage-Angler
  • Start date
Got the rest of the pictures up on the slide show.

Somehow, I was missing a picture of CrazyGrady's tie. Just by dumb luck, I have some of the raffle flies that weren't claimed at the jam, and it was in there. Whew!

That reminds me - I have to contact the raffle winners that weren't there to claim their prizes. Soon....

Here's the complete slide show. I may shuffle the photo order around as I find time, but it's all here...

...well it's almost all here. I can't seem to get CrazyGrady's fly into the slide show, but if you click on view all, it's there.

Technical difficulties. :roll:

It's there when I view it Ed. Flys look nice Gfen. I know you thought they looked horrible because of dust, but I can't see anything.

Can I get a picture of the fly I tyed, Ed? Email me it or something?

Finally figured it out.

Yeah, gfen did his usual great job. The ones with the blue background were taken by me. Gary's are much nicer!

Email sent, Shane. Damn that fly looks great!

Thanks Ed. Have to figure out how to make the thorax thicker without adding weight.

SBecker wrote:
Have to figure out how to make the thorax thicker without adding weight.

Yellow Uni-Stretch works great for that. The Evening Hatch has it.

You'll have a whole handful of bobbins going!

I just have to post a big picture of your tie, 'cause I'm so proud of you.

Attachments

• ftj2012-6t.jpg
    ftj2012-6t.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 4
Heritage-Angler wrote:
SBecker wrote:
Have to figure out how to make the thorax thicker without adding weight.

Yellow Uni-Stretch works great for that. The Evening Hatch has it.

You'll have a whole handful of bobbins going!

I just have to post a big picture of your tie, 'cause I'm so proud of you.

Look at how neat that weave is ;)

Thanks guys. The Uni is a good idea, but the thought of another bobbin scares the crap out of me. Gaeron, I did not even use a flat pliers to even it all up! Which btw is a great tip.

I obviously have to learn my insect parts. Lol I meant abdomen.

Your son is the future...I understand...I could not say much after your son's reaction and his big smile was worth it all. I will never forget that moment in time.

Thanks CrazyGrady

Back