2012 PAFF Eastern PA Fly Tying Jamboree, 12/15/12

• Thread starter Heritage-Angler
  • Start date
Crazy....I watched you tie the body for that fly....it turned out beautiful!
eunanhendron wrote:
guys, i had a blast yesterday.
thanks to everyone who stopped by and said hi, or watched me marrying wings!
Wish i could have finished that fly yesterday, and if i'd done a simpler wing, it would have been no problem.

Anyways. It was a great event, very well supported by the members of the forum and also the sponsors of the raffle. Great prizes!

So, as promised, here is the salmon fly which Gaeron won in the raffle; finished it today.

Green Highlander from Sir Hebert Maxwell.

IMG_0148.JPG

Eunan

here's a better pic. More detail, less blur

IMG_0151.JPG

Beautiful Eunan.

It is remarkable how much talent you have. Well done guy.

Truly unbelievable. I thought the blurry one was awesome! :lol: Nice job Eunan.

Keep at it Eunan, I see a clear progression in your ties. I think I have some feathers you may find useful.

Hey Ed thanks for putting this togethet, it was a great time. It was good to put some more faces to names...but I still didn't catch up with everyone. It was a great venue and thanks to LGNC for putting us up...I have to admit my mind was wondering a bit thinking of all the good water around there. Looking forward to next year!

jay348 wrote:
GRP wrote:
The venue is great...

Though the security was lacking! :cool:

Yesterday was a great time, and I owe a big thanks to everyone that helped out, tied, or made it happen in general. Looking forward to doing it again next year.

Yeah my work schedule got changed at the last minute 11pm-7am by the time I woke up this event would of been over .

I told my special deputy Shame Pecker to tell you guys that I couldnt make it I guess in Pecker fashion he didn't follow threw
:p

Sorry guys, I got stuck with finals and decided to go fishing on the way home. I didnt get back to the area till late night saturday

Had a lot of fun Saturday, thanks again Ed for putting it together. Good time at River Walk afterwards which I will definitely be going back to soon.

Sorry I missed it guys. Got sent out to California unexpectedly and did not get home in time to partake. Although my sources tell me the the Fox was there in spirit as his "virtual" balls got busted. Nice to know I'm missed, so to speak!

haha..well you almost made one hell of a donation as certain attendees were trying to add your vise that I brought to be part of the raffle.

haha..well you almost made one hell of a donation as certain attendees were trying to add your vise that I brought to be part of the raffle.

Who would do such a thing! That's just wrong.

I know. Glad we stopped Heritage Ed.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
delta_dog wrote:

Volksnurse wrote:
I know. Glad we stopped Heritage Ed.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
delta_dog wrote:

Heathens. ;-)

I woulda put a certain Dyna-King into the raffle, but I figured it wasn't worth a dollar raffle ticket. :cool:

Dewey,

It was a LaFontaine Emergent Sparkle Pupa. The hook size and material color are based on the type of caddis you are trying to imitate. For example, I tie them in cream (#14,16), Olive (#14) and Brown/Gray (#12,14,16).

HOOK-standard dry fly
TRAILING SHUCK-antron yarn or emergent sparkle yarn
VEIL/SHEATH-same as shuck
BODY-superfine dubbing
WING-elk hair to match body color
HEAD-dark brown superfine dubbing

That's it. Awesome fly.

To all those who attended on Saturday, I had a great time, learned a lot, and look forward to seeing you all again.

It was a nice little oasis amidst a week of bad news.

Happy Holidays!

Can't say enough about another great event put on by Ed and Mike. The comraderie and the generousity of the folks on here that come around and make these things happen is amazing.

I still have no words to describe the beauty of the desk or the generousity of SkyBlue. I can yap with the best of them, but when I try to share, I am speechless and my eyes well up with emotion. Ben loves to fish and tie flies ever since learning last year, and couldn't wait for Saturday. He bubbled all weekend, tied more Sunday morning, and of course, can't wait until the next event. He is 'hooked' for sure.

I haven't let him use it yet - I am following DeltaDog's advice and putting some protection on the top. I also need to put some cork or felt onto the clamp of his vise to keep him from scuffing up the arms like he did the front of his desk. It, along with a newly framed fly from Eunan, will be under the tree for Ben next week.

Thanks again to everyone who attended. It was great to walk around and talk to everyone, and sit down and enjoy some fishing and Ninja talk over Burritos and Beers afterwards as well.

Look forward to seeing everyone on here through the winter and in person in the spring! (if not sooner!)

Paul

I woulda put a certain Dyna-King into the raffle, but I figured it wasn't worth a dollar raffle ticket.

Ohh no you didn't !! Here we go with the vice envy again. Don't be a h8er....YO!

hack wrote:
...and Ninja talk...
Paul

That's nothing to be taken lightly...I've been sleeping w/ one eye open ever since.

I'm not worried. Ben has my back!

jay348 wrote:
hack wrote:
...and Ninja talk...
Paul

That's nothing to be taken lightly...I've been sleeping w/ one eye open ever since.

Back