STLHD JAM 2015 Oct 30 - Nov 2

Trust me FD...not looking forward to the 10+ hour drive, so I wouldn't mind the option. Plus I can find you if need be...HaHa. The 6 to Erie is bad enough.

Gonna get a couple days in while I'm up there and then make the haul back on Monday.

Well Biker, we're #Waiting !

Things are shaping up.

forecast looks like:
Thursday= Cloudy, High 51*, 30mph winds w/ gusts to 40 or 50mph
Total Rain=1.11"

looks like a good evening to eat wings and drink warming beverages at the Avonia.

Friday= partly cloudy, high 49*, 10mph winds
Total Rain=1.22"

I have the pumpkin cream cheese whoopie pies ready for friday morning at Follies End.

Saturday= Mostly Cloudy, high 53*, 10mph winds

Sunday= mostly Cloudy, High 55*, 10mph winds

We are leaving Thursday morning and we will be there thursday night at the Avonia.

I'm headed up tomorrow.

BIKER BIKER BIKER BIKER BIKER BIKER

Some scary - killer patterns for this Hallowyn 2015 steehead fishing jam, :lol:

Avonia will serve free Bloody Marry on Saturday, but only to the serial chrome killers on the run. :-D

Attachments

• Elk Creek Ghost.jpg
    Elk Creek Ghost.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Thirsty Blood Desire.jpg
    Thirsty Blood Desire.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Hallowyn Cut Throat_Intruder.jpg
    Hallowyn Cut Throat_Intruder.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 4
gulfgreyhound wrote:
Good thought FD. Your Michigan bound shortly. GG

There is a good chance of that and dragging along 2 or 3 females to shop at Frankenmuth. And it will likely be an overnight thing. I'll need something to do.

Sometimes I feel like a Yoder Toter, but none of these are Amish.

But I suspect FW will want to pick it up himself so he can inspect it.

I should try to schedule it when FW heads up there, but he isn't on the board much.

Rain is already raising the cricks. This should bring in a fresh run and maybe even blow out some leaves. The only question is, how fast will the streams recover.

Should be great by Saturday, but alas, I can't make it that day. Might be good Friday.

Some how missed this thread. I'll be up that weekend, leaving tomorrow AM from SE PA. I'll be staying until Sunday. Not sure the exact plans for myself or for this jam. I haven't been to Erie in a few years, so I'm not familiar with the popular destinations of after fishing enjoyment.

If someone could PM details, I would appreciate it. If not, I'll keep an eye on this thread while I'm in town.

Hey Yinz, I'm mupere N'at. just cracked a beer. Think GG and moose are getting in around 4

BTW it rained the whole way up, got checked in went back to the car and walla there was a rainbow in front of me.

Have you driven past one of the stream yet to see how much they came up.

I'm thinking they didn't get as much as expected. It looks like less than half an inch on the Weather channel maps. But should bring the streams up some.

Brandy Run gauge only came up about 3 or 4 inches.

Ohio tribs seem to have gotten quite a bit though.

Uncle Johns webcam isn't working for me, but will probably work from home.

I just got back from there today and it didn't rain as much as expected. There are a ton of leaves in the water now thanks to the gale force winds. The fish that are in the streams are so spooked that even the smallest fly has them swimming away. Good luck to all.

Just about all the rain has passed. Walnut only peaked at about 102cfs, and Brandy seems to be peaking now at around 7.4cfs. Ughh.

With the exception of Conneaut, the Ohio tribs seemed to have gotten a lot of water. Idk about NY but I heard they got a good bit of rain too??

Fished an Ohio trib early Sunday morning with my brother. Despite the very low water we got lucky and found a few consecutive runs that had some hungry fish away from the circus at the big popular holes. Hit Elk later in the afternoon. Picked up a few more but we had to join the crowds in one of the bigger popular spots after a handful of people moved out and created some elbow room. Sadly I don't think thing's are looking a whole lot better in the near future...

The leaves did get pretty annoying. Can't imagine what it's like now.......they were piled up everywhere on Sunday.

I'm hoping to sneak up for the day Saturday or Sunday. Not sure exactly which day.......depends what's going on with the family. Are some of yinz still going to NY on Saturday?

Things are back on the rise now. Not much, but makes it look better for the weekend. Not sure if the catt will fish come saturday, but if it's in ok shape I wouldn't mind going.

I spoke too soon!! Hopefully things shape up nicely

FD, when I spoke to you the gauges were leveling out. Well they have gone up again since then. Also Uncle John's web cam is a lot higher than when we spoke.

GG and Moose 4 pm arrival still hasn't happened, should be here any time. Avonia for Dinner with 2 of my favorite #Seniors

Good luck to you guys this weekend. It's been dumping here in Gettysburg all day. Figured it was in NWPA as well. Anything will help though. Maybe pro4mance can find a synagogue and get a little Steelhead Prayer going on!

GG...go up 1 size in tippet for the "sycamore steelheads"! Sorry had to.

FD I pm'ed you.

I hope you all do well.

If a new forum member signs up, he may be our waiter from the restaurant formerly known as Boston's. It's now a half restaurant, half bowling alley, with short people lanes.
Food was Eh service slow, if we wanted to hear people bowling while we ate, we would have gone to a bowling alley.
So if after reading my note I left on the check and he signs up for the forum, his username should be Slo Phuk and his password is lightening. Please welcome him with open arms.

I'm driving up Friday.
Hope to see yo u guys sat AM

Back