Redington or Simms?

Lone wolf,
definitely buy the next size up (from your shoe size) when purchasing simms boots.

Nympho,
thnx for the heads up.

nymphingmaniac wrote:
Lone wolf,
definitely buy the next size up (from your shoe size) when purchasing simms boots.
+1 on the shoe size from Simms. I wear a 9 and bought a 10. They fit great!

I have been hearing a lot of goods things about the new sonic seams from Reddington can't beat them for the price

http://www.sonicprowaders.com/

Just got off the phone with simms warranty/repair department. Thus basically concludes one of the most pleasant customer service transactions that I've ever had. The guy was nice, gave me a full runoff report, talked hoppers, and gave me full credit for the returned waders. He offered a discount on top of the difference in price for an upgrade to the g3's. I went with the convertibles.

He even told me he'd put a word in for me at simms if I ever decided to uproot and head to bozo. :-D

The waders I had were sub par, but they stand behind them.

In talking to the people there, they seemed to grudgingly accept that the freestones were not fit for serious angling.

Going to try some Redington Sonic Pros w the zipper tomorrow, if they fit and are leak proof ill get em,If my boots squinch it will be another week and i'll get the simms rivershed and with cleats.,
can't justify 500 or more for waders right now.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

Got my Redington Sonic Pro waders today and broke em in on the Lehigh River for a couple hours this afternoon.Im tickled red. I got the zippered waders, will wait to see if they leak,but so far im pretty impressed.the handwarmer pockets should have had water proof zippers too but im just happy as a pig in mud.
didn't get any mojo though, scratched three, the last take i felt the head shake a few times and forgot to reset the hook and what ever it was got off.Oh well thats fishing,by the way it was thundering and storming the whole time.Small caddis size 18 and 22 were popping off intermittantly,and the water temp was 57 degrees with water up a lil bit but not muddy or cloudy at all.
Rick Wallace
i will have to get a pair of those simms riversheds with both type of cleats for Great Lakes Tribs Salmon/Steelhead in size 14 they have a lil more room when wearing a great sock system,the weinbrenner / borger boots are great but they are size 13 and with heavier poly/wool socks and polypro liners they are real squinchy.

I just picked up a pair if Simms rivershed boots an they are awesome! Don't spend the money on the Simms cleats. All you gotta do is add some self taping screws to the bottom. Works like a charm for me and a quarter of the price.

Phish,
I love other Simms products that i have bought..ie: double layer guide jacket {polar Fleece} 13 years old have used it for great lakes,and as a layer for deer hunting {rifle season} and just plain wear for leisure .I also have a few Simms Guide Denium chambray shirts and they are the most comfortable non flannel/chamois shirts i own . I wear these regularly year round.
As for boots my buddy bought a pair of Freestones with felt ..got a korkers studded felt kit and took the extra soles to a cobbler and loved them so much that he has two extra pairs.
I can't say i love the price of Simms products..but the quality makes it all worth it. Ill still get the hardbite starcleats and the alumi bite cleats too i fish all kind of water and like my t's crossed and my i's dotted. And no i aint rich, i work twelve hours almost six days a week sometimes seven mandatory forced overtime{enslavement}. So right now im investing in equipment that has served me well and is at the end of its use,probably send my old waders to that recycled waders.com place and get a messenger sack or a wallet or something.
Rick Wallace

My g3 convertibles came while I was at the jam. While it sucked that they didn't make it in time, I am very pleased with the upgrade over the freestones. They seem to fit a little bit better than my other g3s, and the convertible functionality is pretty freaking awesome. Just unzip around the waist, pull the upper out, and velcro on to the suspenders.

They are comfy too. I have been kicking it around the house in them for about 20 minutes.

This is a Joke Right? Simms is the industry leader in waders for a reason, Not to mention they are made by real americans in Bozeman MT. I have been to the simms operation and all I can say is that they are top notch all the way.

Simms is the industry leader in waders for a reason
marketing??

Not to mention they are made by real americans in Bozeman MT
false
waders under the $300 price point are imported

There is no doubt that guys in the know, KNOW that Simms is the industry leader and for good reason. Other brands can get it done for guys, no doubt. BUT, Simms is head and shoulders above others. Their quality is apparent, customer service is 2nd to none, and the chicks that work there are smokin hot!!!.,..;)

TDB wrote:
There is no doubt that guys in the know, KNOW that Simms is the industry leader and for good reason.

Uhh...marketing?

(point goes to ramcatt)

gfen, Thanks for keeping score but no thanks zebra...:)

You know what opinions are like, and this one is mine. Marketing does have a bit to do with Simms popularity, but I've used a good variety of gear for hundreds of days each year for the past 10 years and my mind is made up based on the facts that I've gathered. (point to TB)

Tight lines

by Ramcatt on 2011/6/12 20:51:56

Quote:

marketing??

Quote:

false

You bought cloudveil waders and are pointing the image/marketing finger at Simms?

those were the most comfortable wet wading waders on the market!

Shebop wrote:

by Ramcatt on 2011/6/12 20:51:56

Quote:

marketing??

Quote:

false

You bought cloudveil waders and are pointing the image/marketing finger at Simms?
Simms "Headwaters" series are Gore-Tex and made in the USA in Bozeman MT.They retail at $300 for chest highs and $250 for the waisthighs. I own the waisthighs.

jayL wrote:
My g3 convertibles came while I was at the jam. While it sucked that they didn't make it in time, I am very pleased with the upgrade over the freestones. They seem to fit a little bit better than my other g3s, and the convertible functionality is pretty freaking awesome. Just unzip around the waist, pull the upper out, and velcro on to the suspenders.

They are comfy too. I have been kicking it around the house in them for about 20 minutes.
Jay, how have these held up for you so far?

Fine. My old g3s are still going strong too, unless becker did 'em in.

Back