Paflyfish Jamboree 2016: May 20th - 22nd

Out of what?

FD being in Good Graces, it was a #KosherJoke

What did the dyslexic, insomniac, agnostic do?

Sat up all night wondering if there really was a dog.

I doubt I've got the credit to do the blessing.

pro4mance wrote:
FD being in Good Graces, it was a #KosherJoke

Dang, I was hoping there would be JewBQ served at the service.

Or are you some kind of anti-antisemite?

(I'm also joking of course)

You never know there may be leftovers

OK, I'm out too. I'll be watching the service from the porch, sitting right next to the smoker.

What did the dyslexic, insomniac, agnostic do?

Sat up all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Pretty sure I saw that one on one of my son's popsicle sticks. J/K.

Slight change in my Jam plans. Beginning in a couple of weeks I’ll be commuting to Harrisburg for my job, so instead of driving home after work on Wednesday the 18th and having to double back an hour each way the next morning, I’m just gonna head up to the CG after work on Wednesday. I probably won’t try to fish Wednesday evening…just get camp set up and have some dinner but I’ll be around Wednesday evening now, and up for fishing Thursday morning. Still planning on staying until Sunday morning.

dc410 wrote:
That sounds like a good change of plans, Matt.

Yeah, I think I can make it work!

My vacation time has opened up considerably. The wild card is the kids and wife's vacation time.

For daycare, she can't do drop off and pick up on the same day, with an hour commute each way and 9 hrs of time at work. So either she has to take vacation, or I need a grandma to come help, or a combination thereof. Hence, how early my week starts is dependent on others, unfortunately. And likely to remain in the air till a week out or so...

So I just found out that some Tenkara group is going to be having their "round up" at Poe Paddy the same weekend. That means Penn's is gonna be littered with a bunch of cane pole fishermen all weekend.

Have fun w/ that!

I'd propose PAFF vs tenraka group in a steel cage fish off/ drink off!

Tenkara Tribe Poe Paddy Camp Out - Round Up

Meeting: Poe Paddy State Park, Woodward Pennsylvania
Date: May 20 -22, 2016
Contact: Rob Lepczyk. 410-472-6799. contact@greatfeathers.com Facebook message works too.

Come camp and hang with your Tenkara brethren and of course fish a lot! This area offers A LOT of options for fishing and is a central location for the Mid-Atlantic area. It is 4 hours from NYC, Baltimore, Buffalo, 5 from NOVA (Northern Virginia) and 3 hours from Pittsburgh. The nearest major airport is in Pittsburgh, PA. Campsites are 19.00 a night. The camp-ground is on Penns Creek, a world famous stream with the large Green-drake hatch, which happens while we will be there. There are showers and bathrooms at the campsite. We are booking sites in Loop B of the campsite. http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/poepaddy/

Found here:

http://www.tenkara-fisher.com/content.php?268-Tenkara-Calendar

And another link:

https://www.facebook.com/events/439582299573887/

The one thing I'll say is that they're camping at Poe Paddy. Poe Paddy is pretty much always 100% full in Mid-May, and it's mostly fishermen. Hence, it's unlikely it will increase the number of fishermen on Penns coming from the campground itself.

Also, pretty bold predicting a Green Drake hatch for that early! May turn out to be correct, we'll see. But it's certainly earlier than usual, so making such a proclamation is pretty bold.

Just sayin', you're gonna have a lot of cane pole fishin' hipsters having to wade 1/2 across Penn's to reach a rising fish, so watchyoself.

For the Tenkara fairy wands that don't get snapped in two by the 20" Fallfish in Penns, I'll bonk em' on the head with my surf rod and pyramid sinkers.

We better not see any spin jockeys on Penns either.

DaveS wrote:

When they see Jack doing fire push-ups and gargling boiling bourbon they'll be outta there quicker than you can say Lefty Kreh.

turkey wrote:
DaveS wrote:

When they see Jack doing fire push-ups and gargling boiling bourbon they'll be outta there quicker than you can say Lefty Kreh.
s
Boy Scout camp.......

Jean Lavallee is sending me some White Mountain Insect Repellent since I volunteered to be an intermediary (not a procurer). So whoever is organizing a raffle will have a bunch of this product to dole out. I hear nothing but good about the WMIR, and I am looking forward to trying it out. Noxious buggies, beware!

Jean Lavallee is efficient. I just received his box of WMIR, which I will bring to the Jamb. The product has a nice smell to it, and I asked Jean if it creates less damage to fly lines and waders than DEET.

Back