Paflyfish Jamboree 2016: May 20th - 22nd

Just a "heads up" to anyone that uses 11/15 to reach the JAM in May. Our township news letter said that the stretch between RT 81 (Marysville / Enola) and RT 322 (Duncannon) will be closed for widening. The closure is to run from March - November. This means that all traffic will be rerouted onto 322. If there's ANYTHING going on at PSU, expect delays. All it will take is one knucklehead to wreck and you'll be looking at a road shutdown / traffic nightmare.

So do people ever bring kids to this? My fishing partner is a 5 year old, he is one of those knuckle dragging bait fishers and uses a bobber and bait. Cool to bring along?

I don't see that as a problem as long as you change his name to Lumbricus terrestris

Hmm.. Achroia grisella larvae I think would be more fitting

Salvelinusfontinali wrote:
So do people ever bring kids to this? My fishing partner is a 5 year old, he is one of those knuckle dragging bait fishers and uses a bobber and bait. Cool to bring along?

Heck yeah. It's a family friendly deal, at least until midnight or so anyway! Just throw a few ROOT beers in the cooler for the little guy.

Nah, let the little guy shut down the fire ring with Jack. Lmao

That's up to you man. Nobody at all will be offended by the little guys presence. Don't worry about that end of it.

But there will be occasional crude language and adult beverages and so forth, and probably a drunk guy or three. Most of that will be confined to the bigger gatherings Friday and Saturday night at the pavilion area, getting worse the later it gets, so it's easy enough to avoid if you don't want to expose him to that. Or, you could consider it a learning experience, lol.

My 4 year old will not be there. If I make a whole week of it, he may join a night or two earlier in the week, but later in the week, no. And that's more for my sanity rather than his! This is daddy's vacation....

Me and a few buddies reserved a tent space from 5/19-22 and are attending for the first time. Look forward to meeting everyone and learning a few tricks.

I first took my son at around age 8. He heard some choice words, but none he had never heard before. At the same time the group was way smaller and way more intimate. I think everyone watched their tongue somewhat, but I didn't care one way or another.

If you don't care if they hear men being men, which is most of us, you have nothing to worry about.

We have never seen complete mayhem in all the years this has been going on. Well, actually, never any mayhem at all, other than nasty language, and as noted usually later at night.

^ recall that fella Rudy ?

Oh....that was just an OT debate, carried out in the morning.

I say we have a "Blessing of the Rigs" on Friday night. I think Alby is an elder in his church, are there any others that are in good standing with higher powers that could perform the duty? I'm an ordained Dudeist priest I will work for "holy water"

Ah the infamous "Table Dance". An historical moment in PAFF . GG

I think that was the first "jam" I ever went to, and I missed that following morning "discussion."

Been going back ever since hoping to catch one of those, but so far no dice.

It was also the first jam I ever attended, I think. Maybe the 2nd. Did we leave that year, or a year after? I attended the final 2 jams at Hemlock Acres.

Anyway, I am proud to have played a small part in the lead up to that epicness. The night before, people wanted Shakey to play, but he had not brought his guitar to the pavilion. Poor guy, probably a job to him, and purposely left the thing behind so he wasn't forced into playing. Or maybe he was warned that there wasn't to be music late at night at Rudy's cozy little family campground.

But what do you know, pcray1231 has his guitar and is willing to let Shakey play. But pcray1231 doesn't use a slide. But oh, he just finished a glass bottle that once had an adult beverage inside. Smash and suddenly we had a long necked slide for that guitar, as well as music and the sound of breaking glass late at night.

That's the night the lights went out.....

To funny,Pat. GG

Yo pat

"That's the night the lights went out....."

And was that the day the music died? lol

And was that the day the music died?

That too.

are there any others that are in good standing with higher powers that could perform the duty? I'm an ordained Dudeist priest I will work for "holy water"

Word.

I'm not ordained, but I am a practicing pastafarian. I'd be willing to become ordained if FSM needs to be represented at this blessing of the rigs.

Frisbeeterian here.

Back