Paflyfish Jamboree 2016: May 20th - 22nd

pcray1231 wrote:
Jack, your half hour circle. Yeah, that's way too small. You can make Poe Paddy, or the town of State College or Lewistown in a half hour.

Unless that's walking distance, lol. Seriously, your half hour circle is more like 3 minutes, not 30.

The other circles are ok for rough estimates. Hour circle probably a touch too large, specially to the south.

I was going to criticize that too, but didn't want to sound like an Engineer. ;-)

Blame the Circles on Jacks Compass. Metric measure.
You sound like a Farmer,Dave. Measuring in rods,"boo" one at best. GG

gulfgreyhound wrote:
Blame the Circles on Jacks Compass. Metric measure.
You sound like a Farmer,Dave. Measuring in rods,"boo" one at best. GG

I wouldn't say metric. His circles did however look like he used a log scale.

FWIW, I heat with logs.;-)

Please do not confuse the demonstrative for the actual. I was making a point, nothing more.

JackM wrote:
Please do not confuse the demonstrative for the actual. I was making a point, nothing more.

Of course you were, and we love you too.

Oops. Wrong definition.

Jack, I don't mean to nitpick. However, newbies who don't know the area may use your map as a gauge of distance. That is the reason you posted, I assume, and I applaud your desire to inform.

A rough estimate is fine but the smallest circle was so ridiculously innacurate as to mislead, hence my corrective comment, which was also meant to inform the audience, rather than criticize you.

Oh shut up. You know he is bad at math. Besides, maybe he drives a piece of crap car that takes 20 minutes to get going.;-)

I just drew the inner most circle around the CG location. Then the others with a bit more realism to one and two hours. When I wrote my text I deemed the inner most circle 30 minutes somewhat arbitrarily. In any case, my point was to show the realm of possibilities, not to encourage anyone to stay within walking distance.

On to more fun, FD I may be bringing some Turducken for the #Smoker

The 2 hour circle for my new Mini Cooper is very big.

pro4mance wrote:
On to more fun, FD I may be bringing some Turducken for the #Smoker

Never had it, but I'd think it would be way better roasted.

The smoker can do that, I just turn off the smoke portion. FD

pro4mance wrote:
The smoker can do that, I just turn off the smoke portion. FD

Yea, I thought of that right after I hit submit. Mine is not electric. But But I'd hope you would use just a little bit of smoke to give it the cooked on an open fire taste.

I have done chickens on my old propane combo brill/smoker, and it was excellent with just a little smoke. But now I just use a rotisserie in the charcoal grill.

I almost bought a new one with a side smoker box the other day (on sale), but the deck is getting crowded.

Put the deposit down for a campsite today for j55tyger88 and myself and we plan to be up there the night of the 19th. We're looking forward to our first spring jam!

This will be the first JAM I've missed since I joined the site. Baby due on June 9th so it's not in the cards this year. I hope everyone has a great time and remember to bring your kayaks to run the rapids through Coburn when the water is over the roadway.

If the weather/water is good I'll be there

csoult wrote:
If the weather/water is good I'll be there

I don't care about the weather, and will be bringing my own drinking water.;-)

Not sure if I'll be attending. Thinking about it though.

Just finished paying for the cabin me and 2 buddies are coming up frist timers

Grizz got tied up with another obligation, so his spot in the cabin is open.

Back