Dry fly fishing in October??

Thanks for all the replies! So while I'm with my daughter for a few days (she's at Lehigh Valley), it looks like I'll do some research on the Little Lehigh and maybe a few of the others that were named. And thanks for the restaurant suggestions, very helpful, and I do enjoy IPA's so will certainly be stopping at Shangy that was recommended.

Connecticut does have front plates. Littering is bad karma. And I've never had my stomach pumped😉

It seems like the consensus is to hit the Delaware system on my drive home. Did a very quick search and many options as well....West Branch, East Branch, Main, Upper, Beaverkill, etc. A little overwhelmed. Any thoughts would be appreciated and I'll start reading up on the Delaware. Assuming there are campgrounds and/or cheap motels for fly fisherpeople.

Would be great if there are still some tricos around early October. I just had a great morning today on the Farmington fishing size 24 Needhami on 6.5X tippet. I find it super rewarding to not just catch, but land an 18 inch trout on such small tackle. Thanks again everyone, much appreciated!!

Find water and cast. If you go to 6.5x tippet on the Catskill rivers, you should land about 7-10% of what you hook. 4-5x all day

ISOs on the Delaware main and on your way there a stop at the MARTIN GUITAR factory and Museum in Bethlehem. Sweet little guitar for less than a grand, not a D-28 like mine, but unlike a fly rod it won’t be obsolete in a year.

Back