Newbie Fish and Chips Day on the LL

CathyG wrote:
Just to be clear the date is the 21st and a picnic of some sort on the 28th?

And where exactly is the meeting spot? I've never fished down that way and want to come down but I need an address or something to mapquest directions to. I'd like to get there by 6 or 7.

Cathy

Cathy,

Once you run the directions, you'll see it's an easy drive. About 90 minutes from C'dale and probably between that and 2 hours for you.

Getting there is easiest if you take the turnpike. Just watch the signs when you are heading back north. It could be marked a little better.

If you are going down on the 28th, you can follow us down.

Dave

Cathy, this address will not only get you to the creek, it will also getting right to parking and our meeting spot.

Heritage Fly Shop
2 Fish Hatchery Rd.
Allentown, PA 18103

Mapquest doesn't like that address. I'll plug it in my GPS and see what happens

Getting there is easiest if you take the turnpike. Just watch the signs when you are heading back north. It could be marked a little better.

I'm debating turnpike or 380/33. I don't like the turnpike, never did.

Mapquest doesn't like that address. I'll plug it in my GPS and see what happens

When I get to Fish Hatchery rd I'll just look for a bunch of guys in waders.

Cathy

:eek:ve the new avatar...is that the clubhouse?

mcfinn wrote:
Go ahead, Fox... way to PAFFYAO for the newbies (again!). And the Heretic-Angler is trying to drop some knowledge as well? Nice.

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Try this....

Directions

or this...

View Larger Map

or gps coordinates

40.565025, -75.506501

Thanks Ed. I googled around a bit and found 2843 as the address, so that works just as 2851. See you on the 28th!

If you look really closely at that photo you can see a rather good looking guy pulling a 20inch bow from the water .. that's me ;-)

Stagger_Lee wrote:
If you look really closely at that photo you can see a rather good looking guy pulling a 20inch bow from the water .. that's me ;-)

And if you zoom in real close, you'll see it is actually a minnow that Stag was struggling with.

Anyone coming on the 21st willing to trade a few peices of hackle for a few zebra midges? The zebra is my goto nymph and I do very well on it. It's also the fly I tie the best.

I'm looking for 18-22 grizzly for griffith gnats (my goto midge dry) and 14-16 black for ants (my goto terrestrial).

I've been purchasing them but want to tie some without having to invest $20 on a whiting 100.

Let me know how many flies you think is fair for one or two strips of hackle and I'll tie them up and bring them on the 21st.

I'm also tying a CDC trico but I don't how good it is. It looks ok and I've never fished it. I could give you one or two of those too but I'm not sure of the quality.

Thanks

Yeah, JT - that's the club's mobile man-cave. They need one like the splendid LL facilities.

Stagger_Lee wrote:

You've been spending too much time in McFinn's club house.

Stagger_Lee wrote:

Stagger -

Some archery hunter is very sad at having lost their mini-bow....Did you find any of the arrows? :)

djs12354 wrote:
Stagger_Lee wrote:

Stagger -

Some archery hunter is very sad at having lost their mini-bow....Did you find any of the arrows? :)

If the bow came from Volk's vehicle, it was probably a "cross-bow". :cool:

I'll definatly try for both days

good luck you guys, wish you all the best! keep trying ot make it to these jams and stuff, but it never seems to work out. hope i can make the next one if im home from afghanistan by then :-(

Don't encourage him. It's like feeding a stray dog! Not necessarily a delta dog though. :-D

And we all know how some newbie teachers enjoy their eats!

LOL....
I got nothin...

Heritage-Angler wrote:
djs12354 wrote:
Stagger_Lee wrote:

Stagger -

If the bow came from Volk's vehicle, it was probably a "cross-bow". :cool:

Foxgap239 wrote:
Volksnurse wrote:
LOL....
I got nothin...

JT, no quit dude! Don't let him push you around, hell we saw how many Elements that 1 day?

you're right...but I didn't want to feed into Ed's jealousy about my Element. The therapy helps him. He can't decide whether he wants to be like me, or Gfen.

Back