Newbie Fish and Chips Day on the LL

haven't looked thought the whole chain, but I'm in for the 21st. Also am very excited, been doing alot of spin fishing and also some deep sea fishing. i've been itching to get back to the fly rod.

What is the problem with delta dog, are his panties sticking to his butt, lighten up jerk. The LL get's to a mx temp of around 74 degrees, it is spring fed, and it really doesn't freeze during the winter. It doesn't even get ice along the edges.

delta_dog wrote:
by Chaz on 2012/6/27 20:22:28 Stag, unless the area has a serious heat wave the LL will be under 70 degrees. There are no WW fish worth targeting.

And to think I thought you knew what you were talking about.....see I have been wrong before. ;-)

Chaz & delta-dog - Normally, I don't get involved in these sort of things, since that is a moderator's job, but....

To the dawg - I'm pretty sure Chaz didn't mean to say there are no warmwater fish worth targeting anywhere else. Warmwater species in the Little Lehigh are pretty much absent, with the occasional bluegill found here or there. I've never caught a smallmouth there, or heard of anyone who has.

His statement was probably mistaken by you, and poorly worded by him. If you met Chaz, I'm sure you'd like him. He's a standup guy.

To Chaz - The dawg likely took your comment that "There are no WW fish worth targeting" as an insult. I may be overstepping my bounds (again) by revealing this, but the dawg is a guide on the Susky, and loves fishing for smallies and flathead catfish. It's his job, and his passion. It's easy to see how your statement could be misunderstood.

The dawg is also a standup guy, and I'd bet you'd like him as well, if you met in person.

Like I said before, I don't normally like to get involved in these kinds of things, but you two are both friends of mine.

Unfortunately gonna have to bail on the 21st. Maybe make the 28th.

I think I could make both days but will defintely get to at least one of them.

To Chaz - The dawg likely took your comment that "There are no WW fish worth targeting" as an insult. I may be overstepping my bounds (again) by revealing this, but the dawg is a guide on the Susky, and loves fishing for smallies and flathead catfish. It's his job, and his passion. It's easy to see how your statement could be misunderstood.

^^^^Bingo!!!!^^^^ My bad Chaz I took as you saying that " There's no WW fish worth targeting PERIOD anywhere" Either way i respect your opinion hence the ;-) "wink". Anyone who has fished for WW fish knows its not just a challenge but a blast. I would rather catch a 20" smallie on a fly than a 20" brown any day. And as far as my panties sticking to my butt ......I'm a newbie and trying different options....right now im leaning towards GREEN thongs because they REALLY help with the SWAMP A$$ problem and I keep hearing how people like Green Weenies. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. :-D

Looks like I am out on the 28th, but can now do the 21st due to things being rearranged at work.

What time are you guys meeting at the fly shop on the 21st? I got a bit of a drive from Bensalem

Also.....would it be alright if I busted out a Tenkara rod??

No harm no foul, or is it fowl, :-D
Dawg, PM me about guiding I need some info.

delta_dog wrote:
Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. :-D

I suggest you park on the other side of the parking lot from my truck. Right next to the T.G.E.B would be great. :-o

Steven - I'm afraid the Fox will be dragging me down there at zero-dark-thirty. He's mean like that.

Just look for the guy sleeping on the park bench (me). It'd be nice if you could cover me up with a newspaper, or something.

Seriously - Fox is talking crazy stuff like meeting at 5:30. That's AM, for the non-insomniacs amongst us.

Tenkara? No problem. It IS legal down there, but if you use a level line, keep it under 18 ft long including tippet.

5:30....AM.....crazy talk....I live about an hour and a half away.......I may just be dumb enough to get there by then......I take it you guys are gonna be fishing....what are you guys going to be fishing with that early in the am??

thebassman wrote:
5:30....AM.....crazy talk....I live about an hour and a half away.......I may just be dumb enough to get there by then......I take it you guys are gonna be fishing....what are you guys going to be fishing with that early in the am??

Well.....technically, da Fox is right. Female trico duns start coming off at first light. Trico nymphs fished in the riffles work well too.

The spinners hit the water around 9AM two days ago, and that was down in the parkway on shaded water. They'll probably hit the water earlier up by the fly shop - my guess is about 8 AM, or so.

You might have good luck throwing ants or beetles along the banks. Be stealthy like ninja. ;-)

I thought I was a ninja if I fished with a tenkara rod!

Hey ya'll, stop the whining and come at 8am. I don't care. You want to catch fish you get up early. And for those who are lamenting a long drive, I come from Far NE Philly. :-o

Seriously, come when you want to, we'll be there. Some of us more awake than others.

Chaz, come join us. These guys could learn a lot just talking to you.

thebassman wrote:

Last time I met the Fox for fishing we met up at like 4:30 in the osscrack of dawn. Started with the Fox's inchworm just nymphing (it's the lazy man's fly to tie) then moved to trico's as the sun was rubbing sleep booger out of it's eyes. Early is just such an understatement with him.

I'll be there at 6, will park in the lot shown on the map posted earlier.

If people are gonna be there at 5:30 then I will try to elbe there then!

I'll be leaving my house at 0330 and getting there around 0500. I want to make sure I get a good parking spot. :-D

My plan is to leave around 4, get there around 5:30.

But if I go to my favorite Friday night watering hole all bets are off.

If you see a beat up old red Blazer with someone passed out in it, that's me.

Does anyone have a head count for the 21st and 28th?

Depending on who comes down with me, I'll shoot for early am on the 28th

Dave

Back