Newbie Fish and Chips Day on the LL

joseywales wrote:

If you want to see the tied fly, or learn to the tie the fly yourself, just Google Al's trico (under video). Al Miller was an master who fished the Lehigh and he created that particular pattern. There are various ways to tie them, but at least you'll see what they look like. Think small, 24 or 26 size hooks. I tried tying them, but this was literally my first attempt at fly tying. Damn near nailed it and will try again when I get home from vacation.

Al's trico is easier (to me) to tie small than spinners. Josiewales, you're crazy to have started with fly tying that small, but I admire that. Try an Al's rat as a tag off a dry. Thats the classic and an easy tie.

Here's the list so far for both dates, let me know if I missed anyone.

21st - Fox, H-A, DD, Paparise, CathyG, Bassman, Docsab

28th -Fox, H-A, DD, Joseywales, GRP, Volksnurse, Djs, Stag

Most of this list has been taken since Dave posed the question about head count and I may have missed someone from earlier in the thread. The 28th is really the more important date from a headcount standpoint so we can make sure we have enough food for everyone coming. I'll post something early next week on what we need for the 28th. Weather right now looks good for the 21st. See you all at zero dark thirty. I sure hope I remember to bring my Allen rod. :)

I'll be there on the 21st as well. The girlfriend is tagging along too. Gonna try to get there by 6.

martin0206 wrote:
I'll be there on the 21st as well. The girlfriend is tagging along too. Gonna try to get there by 6.

See you then.

You my friend are a very lucky gent! Not only fishing but she'll get up @ 5AM with ya. Don't let that one get away :)

Abt what time do you think the fish will stop feeding and/or slow down considerably?

I ask this b/ from lots that I have read the past few months they feed better in the AM and PM even when it is cool out so I am assuming it is even a bigger 'concern' in the summer months.

Stag, my crystal ball is a bit cloudy today but I'm generally off the water by 10am this time of year.

My wife is going to pee her pants when I tell her what time I'm getting up for this Jam .. better take my meltonian friday pm

Stagger, I gave her a lot of notice on this one so that helped with the arrival time. We might actually drive up and camp near Jim Thorpe this weekend so we won't be too far away.

Foxgap239 wrote:

Most of this list has been taken since Dave posed the question about head count and I may have missed someone from earlier in the thread. The 28th is really the more important date from a headcount standpoint so we can make sure we have enough food for everyone coming. I'll post something early next week on what we need for the 28th. Weather right now looks good for the 21st. See you all at zero dark thirty. I sure hope I remember to bring my Allen rod. :)

Fox,

Put me down for grill, hot sausage and rolls to match.

Dave

I wrote a few pages back I'll do burgers BUT if we don't want that let me know what else I can bring.

Right now I'm in for the 28th...Looking to get there Fox early. .happy to provide a mess of cold sodas

Foxgap239 wrote:

Volks .. looking forward, haven't caught a trout since the last one. I have to figure out what time to leave coming from Nth Central Jersey that AM

Anyone on the 21st have an extra 5w reel I could borrow? Just sold my last one without thinking and won't have time to replace it by Saturday. If not its no biggie. I will just use my tenkara rod. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

Guys and Gals, please check this thread Saturday morning before heading to the stream. They are predicting between 1 and 2 inches of rain tomorrow into Saturday and I can't see driving 90 minutes to get to a blown out stream.

I can't order the weather, sorry folks!

sounds good. I guess If I don't hear that its a no go then I should just assume that its still a go? I will be checking around 4-4:30

by Foxgap239 on 2012/7/19 21:18:09 Guys and Gals, please check this thread Saturday morning before heading to the stream. They are predicting between 1 and 2 inches of rain tomorrow into Saturday and I can't see driving 90 minutes to get to a blown out stream. I can't order the weather, sorry folks!

Damm you Fox!!!! You did this on purpose !!! :-x :-(

bassman,

I can let you borrow a 5 wt reel.

ok good I was just going to ask the questoin. It's way up right now and it takes about a day to reside. It looks like the big stuff is past us but there are some little storms that are supposed to follow which could get the stream up.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?01451500

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 1
Yeah, not looking good now with more rain on the way. H-A knows that stream better than anyone, your thoughts Ed?

By the way, I'll post something whether I'm going or not this way no one has to guess.

Sorry DD, I knew you were going to blame me!

Back