Newbie Brush-up Day - June 22

Tuna steaks no problem at all, except we need to catch some fresh ones. The YFT bite has been incredible so far, and I won't even mention that my buddy got a 600 pound thresher shark today in my spot. Not sure if our 9 wts can handle that shark.

Shotgun obviously

There will a lady by the name of Donna attending the event she just texted me. She fishes salt water very new flyfishing I told her about the event just an fyi .

Man wish this event was last weekend, im here in the salt and lost... oh well ill have ideas for the next time...

Aducker/Jeff is coming as a newbie. Would like help with casting.

You need help with more then casting. ;-)

Just FYI, I see 16 total, about half and half split between noobs and experienced, with a few tweeners.

Coolness. Thanks for organizing the event. I'm a maybe, and if I do make it, it will only be for a short time.

I may be in, gotta see what the day has in store and timing to get stuff done besides fishing. I could help with elementary casting and mending. At least think I can.

Sitting here anxiously waiting on tomorrow, cant wait to put some faces to some screen names.

Pc, hope to meet ya and get some factual knowledge.

And shane ill have my lucky piece of 7x tippet just awaiting for you to sign! Theres gonna be famous folk!!!

But yeah, this should be a riot, here's to a good day with maybe some fish too!

Okay, registration is now closed and no one else my sign-up for this sold-out event. Just kidding. Anyone may attend. :)

I'll be doing zero dark thirty at another stream on my way up to see if my inchworms can wake up a few fish and I'll hopefully be at the LL by 9.

Look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

Fox

I'm coming as a newbie around 9. I need help with everything as this will probably be my second time fly fishing. I guess casting would be my main issue for now though.

Hello FoxGap,

I just saw your post and wanted to re-confirm I plan to attend the Newbie brush up day.

I'm open to learning whatever I can from the experienced folks. I fished a handful times as an ungrad about 20 years ago and recently started to get back into flyfishing.

I've been fishing some local water a few times but it has been difficult with all the rain.

I may arrive early and try to fumble my way around on the LL. I'm sure I'll be easy to spot, I'm usually untangling my leader or tying on a new fly as I just lost the last one I tied on!

Thanks again for arranging, I look forward to meeting everyone.

Dennis

If someone wants to show up early for help, I might be able to make it. I can help with casting, reading water and position before casting. Basic knots and leader set up too. PM if interested.

Ill try my best to be there as early as possible youll know its me because ill be fishing where i think there might be fish and there will be none around me lol.

Can also give pointers on casting, knots and other basics. Though finding fish, yeah not so much...

I think this is going to be a great time. We all like teaching to those that want help and it sounds to me like there will plenty of willing candidates. Hopefully we can all learn something.

Look forward to seeing you guys and gals. For those of you that don't know me, I'll be wearing the Valley Forge TU ball cap and should be there no later than 9.

Hope to show up early and wander around a bit. Been a while since I fished the LL. Bringing one friend along as well. Pretty noobish as this is my first year flyfishing for trout heavily, casting is Ok but you can go ahead and lump me into the crowd that needs help with all things nymphlike. Hopin the shops open as I think I have like one nymph in my box ha.

Sidenote: Any chance anyone is bringing along any PAFF swag?? I'm always lookin for a new bumpersticker or three.....yea I'm that guy that likes to increase his blindspots on the back window of the truck.

Also any one that will be there against having thier photo posted on here let me know and ill shy away from shooting you. That is if I get my camera gear out. If im actually catching fish it may not come out. But by my fishing averages ill be shooting some photos lol.

Ok, things are working out a bit. And I can offer an invite to anyone interested. Sorry to foxgap for potentially stealing a newbie!!!

Swattie and I will be there for the beginning at 10. We intend to stay for a little while and help where appropriate. And then take off to explore some small streams. We do have 3rd person as a "maybe." But willing to add 1 newbie either way.

So, the first newbie interested feel free to speak up, you are invited. This will be an exploring trip, to smallish streams that are new to both Swattie and I, and will not be named on the public forum. So there is no promise of success, and we could do an awful lot of driving around with not a whole lot to show for it.

But there's also a shot at finding a gem. Could be brookies or browns or both. We have a Plan A and several backup plans in case we run into posted land or whatever. In other words, an authentic exploring trip that may or may not work out, but a newbie would learn how to go about the process of finding their own hidden gems, from 2 fishermen who are experienced at this type of fishing.

Would likely be a FULL day with a late return, and difficulty of terrain is uncertain, but likely difficult, lol. Small stream, rocky gorge type places. If you have appropriate equipment, bring it. If not, let us know.

Back