Newbie Brush-up Day - June 22

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Heritage Angler is coming to help out, and would like help having camera ready when Foxgap239 trips. :cool:

Yep, I knew there was NO WAY you'd let that one pass! LMAO

I am coming as a newb. I realize this list might be too long, but some things I am interested in learning about more: mending, finding and identifying bugs, reading water more effectively than I do now. I'm sure once someone who knows anything watches me for 2 minutes they will cry, hide, and try to pawn me off. Or instantly have a list of 75 things I can do better.

phiendWMD wrote:
I am coming as a newb. I realize this list might be too long, but some things I am interested in learning about more: mending, finding and identifying bugs, reading water more effectively than I do now. I'm sure once someone who knows anything watches me for 2 minutes they will cry, hide, and try to pawn me off. Or instantly have a list of 75 things I can do better.

No problem, look forward to meeting you. I'll make sure you spend time with several people, this way we can spread the pain. Just kidding. :-D

Just remember none of us came out of the womb as knowing anything about this love of ours, we were all where you are once!

Water reading is my personal big one, and actually spotting fish. Will also have my dslr on hand for some photo documentation. Also it looks like firstcap and I will be meeting up to play around with some double hand casting (switch/spey as well) though it will probably end up on bigger water afterwards, if any one cares to join as well.

Oh and on my to do list would be some nymphing technique, probably my weakest suit.

Thanks again to those who set this up!!!

I'm coming just because I like fishing with you guys.

If there is anything I can do to help, not sure what, I'd be happy to.

I always have extra equipment with me if there's someone who hasn't taken the plunge and wants to borrow a fly outfit.

Ill be there, probably early. Would like to improve my nymphing as i have never caught anything on a nymph.

Will the fly shop be open? Just in case i dont have the proper flies...

I'm in for whatever needs doing....probably holding the fox down til Heritage Ed gets a picture.....

J55tyger88 wrote:
Ill be there, probably early. Would like to improve my nymphing as i have never caught anything on a nymph.

Will the fly shop be open? Just in case i dont have the proper flies...

I'm almost positive the shop will be open. But if not, I'm sure we'll have flies to give.

Will be there need help all around, need some help with nymphing major fustration.

You coming up for the weekend or just the day?

I think I may or may not show up for this just to yell at Becker or sleep. I enjoy both.

Please o please make it. I never get enough of you. Congrats on your 10000 post! Lol

Becker, just sent you a text. Will be up tomorrow. I have a charter on Sunday.

coming to fish. will offer what little advice I have to anyone willing to accept it. I nymph, streamer, dry, tie, cast, and mend all pretty ok and occasionally get into some fish. If you're less experienced then me I can help you, if you're more experienced you will quickly relize that I don't know what I'm talking about.

If I end up there it will be in the afternoon so I’m not sure if u gents will still be around. What time is everyone planning on sticking arnd until?

Should I make it up I would like to brush up on my casting but most importantly work on line management as I'm all kinds of confused in certain/many situations. Would also appreciate reviewing knots, especially leader ---> tippet.

Willing to take any of the newbies arnd and discuss my limited knowledge, give a few pointers, chew the fat and let them have a bunch of laughs at my expense.

Seems like the most popular "brush'-up" request is for nymphing. Well between H-A and SBecker, you may have 2 of our best nymph guys out there. I think we have that covered well. I also saw mending, reading water and bugs on people's lists and I think we can cover those too.

Look forward to seeing everyone. I haven't seen anything about fly tying so as of now I'm not planning on bringing any of that stuff.

I have more to learn on nymphing too. Sounds like it should be the topic of the day.

H-A is the master. I am just a pupil trying to learn the ways. I have no problem helping anybody with that though. I am able to help with casting too.

Becker don't forget my stone flies.. I only have one left!

I will bring ya a few. I expect tuna steaks in exchange. jk :)

Back