New Flies just off the vise

I don't know whats funnier the blurb about where Letera's is headed or the fact that he is selling a card to get 25% off. I think I will pass and buy that crap you sell at a craft store if I really wanted it.

Nice fish

Attachments

• Eric Rupert4.jpg
    Eric Rupert4.jpg
    966.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Cust_Rep2.jpg
    Cust_Rep2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Eric Rupert1.jpg
    Eric Rupert1.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 3
  • Eric Rupert2.jpg
    Eric Rupert2.jpg
    846.5 KB · Views: 4
tie this and post it within the hour. If you say you can tie realalistics. this is a hot steelhead pattern;;;

Attachments

• 10-29-2010 red baron 029.jpg
    10-29-2010 red baron 029.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 1
Leteras wrote:
Thats not your pattern. haha On a serious note I am working on some fishable realistics that I will post soon.

Realistic flies are for anglers. I've made this post before, but I'm sure you didn't read it.

MayFly-1.JPG
versus
yellow_and_partridge.jpg

The latter will succeed every time.

Like Sandy's stonefly and Kray's caddis, a beautifully tied realistic mayfly nymph.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
WTF is that thing on the left!?

Seriously. You pretend like you're experienced but you are really a newb. Fact that you can't identify a merpet hammers this fact home.

it looks like a saltwater shrimps.

jdaddy wrote:
The_Sasquatch wrote:

Seriously. You pretend like you're experienced but you are really a newb. Fact that you can't identify a merpet hammers this fact home.

Rats! Looks like I've been outed again!

I should just switch to spinners. I know I could catch probably about 100 trout a day w/ them...

The_Sasquatch wrote:
jdaddy wrote:
The_Sasquatch wrote:

Rats! Looks like I've been outed again!

I should just switch to spinners. I know I could catch probably about 100 trout a day w/ them...

Well over 9000 troouts per year imo.

Edit: And tell us about your first "outing".

Lite%20Warm-C.JPG

100 steelhead a day in erie on these

That's the most realistic "diarrhea discharge beadhead spinner" I've ever seen!

:lol: That was my lol moment of the day :lol:

I can get ready for work now :) Have fun you guys.

Wow, how did this thread add like 8 more pages from yesterday.

I'd be down for Letort Challenge though, do eeeett!

Here is a picture of a realistic black stonefly I tied. I still need to tweek it a little but it should catch fish.

Attachments

• realistic stonefly 173.JPG
    realistic stonefly 173.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 1
kaufmannsstone.jpeg

Mr. Kaufmanns-
he knows their itty bitty legs move while they crawl to shore.
saw thousands of stoneflies[salmon flies] use rubber legs,black or white and catch fish.

5030_4e2f1afc5f8e4.jpg

V.S.

stone%20fly%20nymph.jpg

Good effort but like pete said the legs appear too stiff. The thorax is too short and the eyes and antennae are too long.

STOP! THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK! Just mere suggestions. When I tie realistic flies, which is no longer, I observe my subject to the utmost detail. Also as for materials, non-synthetics have a realistic natural taper to them.

Edit: Damnit I can never get the formatting right!

I just have to hit the eyes with the cautery gun to fix them. The legs are just for profile. That's really all you need that's why I didn't use rubber and I will extend the body on the next one. Like I said I'm still tweeking it but thanks for the info well apreciated.

Profile is important as you suggested but flies that suggest life and movement will out fish stiff rigid stuff all the time. Biots do not suggest movement!

Everyone:
The realistic fly dog and pony show that this is becoming is meant to:
A) Impress me, the angler.
B)Catch more fish?

I just need to figure out how my mockery is supposed to continue here.

If (A), then its not bad, but the body is too short, the antenna and tail are too long, and the eyes unnecccessary. B-.
If (B), then who the hell cares, man that's alot of effort for a dubbing wrapped hunk of lead you'll hang in less than 10 minutes? And those legs shouldn't be biots, they should be rubber, movement trumps realism. Again, reference any fly pattern ending with "-and-partridge." Also, if (B), this is a stupid argument.

Back