New Flies just off the vise

gfen at least your lead isnt too far down the hook..... and red floss well to me it looks like all sunshine and puppydogs... the body sectioning may need some work.... try some estaz to "jazz" that pattern up

flipnfly wrote:
gfen at least your lead isnt too far down the hook..... and red floss well to me it looks like all sunshine and puppydogs... the body sectioning may need some work.... try some estaz to "jazz" that pattern up

Don't correct me, I've sold over 2 of them to satisfied clients who have used them to catch highly edumacted bluegills in the canal.

im very late with this addition but i really enjoyed the letort challenge and hope it really goes on. that stream kicked my butt. also, the bit about putting a competent angler on any body of water for any species and they catch fish is just ludicrous. i mean, it took me almost a year before i landed my first hawaiian bone here. so, i graciously extend another chance. you buy a plane ticket and i will put you in every single bonefish flat i have personally fished on and you can have a week to catch one.

Actually the Greek would make some sort of sense. However, I always thought it just stood for "Hallelujah!"

Jesus H. Christ is an example of slang serving as a profanity.[1] IHC-monogram-Jesus-medievalesque.svg The expression dates to at least the late 19th century, although according to Mark Twain it was already old in 1850.[2][Need quotation to verify] Using the name of Jesus Christ as an oath has been common for many centuries, but the precise origins of the letter H in the expression Jesus H. Christ are obscure. While many explanations have been proposed, some serious and some not, the most widely accepted derivation is from the divine monogram of Christian symbolism. The symbol, derived from the first three letters of the Greek name of Jesus (??????), is transliterated iota-eta-sigma: IHS, ??? (with lunate sigma), JHS or JHC. Since the transliteration IHS gave rise to the backronym Iesus Hominum Salvator (Latin for "Jesus, savior of men"), it is plausible that JHC similarly led to Jesus Harold Christ,[3] Harold coming from the mispronunciation of the word "hallowed" of the Lord's Prayer: "Our Father who art in heaven hallowed be thy name." The H has also been said to stand for "Holy."

And on the 6th day the Lord thought unto himself, "Go and fish thy stream, thou art in Carlise and it was good. Letort Holy Spring Creek, thine waters will cleanse mens souls." ;-)

Sounds like I finally found a topic for my dissertation!

"Creation and the Letort Holy Spring Creek: The Systematic Theology of Baptism by Fly Fishing"

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:

And on the 6th day the Lord thought unto himself, "Go and fish thy stream, thou art in Carlise and it was good. Letort Holy Spring Creek, thine waters will cleanse mens souls." ;-)

I might add that it refreshes the sack rather well too.

jdaddy wrote:
salvelinusfontinalis wrote:

I might add that it refreshes the sack rather well too.

Thine waters shall wash away the stain of frumundacheese.

Thank you for thine glory in reserecting this thread, my savior. On the seventh day the lord said go forth with the posting. So let it be written so let it be done!

I remember the beginning of this thread... but TOTALLY missed it going to Defcon 5.

Hahahaha it got amazing! Highlights were the photoshop/ms paint photos and Gary's tied fly.

perhaps you could summarize with bullet points, pithy quotes and graphics.

Leteras wrote:
These flies just came off my vise let me know what you guys think of them.

That is some very creative style for tying up some nymphs. I Like It!!! Glad someone got the thread active again for us new members or i would of never seen this style of tying. It just looks awesome!

Now, where can i get all this material for this style of tying?

I like the arguments about what a wild fish is. lol. The entire thread is a good laugh.

gfen wrote:
perhaps you could summarize with bullet points, pithy quotes and graphics.
Perhaps you could shove it! I'm not a machine, man!
Although for good measure, I will dig up some of my favorite images.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
Perhaps you could shove it! I'm not a machine, man!
Although for good measure, I will dig up some of my favorite images.

You bumped the thread, ergo its your responsibility. Snap to it.

Artwork by jdaddy:
2943_4e2dc31a9b96b.jpg

A Rowjimmy original tie:
5197_4e2dddd0d9eb3.jpg

A fine tie by brookiebuster (as he said, steelhead think its a moster caddis making off w/ their eggs)
88027ecc2094__1311640053000.jpg

And jdaddy's response highlighting the thought process of the fish:
2943_4e2e1bce884f5.jpg

Fine art from gaeronf:
4829_4e2e242fedf8d.jpg

gfen's PA Dutch Nymph:
697_4e2ec24d60019.jpg

the woven caddis is king. man.

Back