Fishing goals for 2022

Just get out more. Both kids have good rods now so I should be covered no matter what side of the state I'm on.

I am hoping to use no smaller than 4x tippet, to bring the fish in ASAP.

Also, I would like to use less dry flies and concentrate completely on wets.

• Get a trout on a dry fly at least once every month.
  • Spend a lot more time tying.
  • Go west.
  • JAM.
  • Camp and fish with my kids and family.
  • Appreciate the opportunities and not dwell on disappointments.

Trying to get a musky on a fly.

Possibly fish a stream in Montana this year, but otherwise spend more time on some of the native trout tribs that empty in to the Tionesta Creek area.

Having spent most of my fishing time in the West, my goal this year will be to explore as many Eastern trout streams as I can...

Find big fish on Bald Eagle & Big Fishing
Tie a lot, maybe for cash
Grow food

I've got a full time job and kids that are getting into waaayyy more organized activities. Baseball, scouts, karate, soccer. Geesh.

Wouldn't have it any other way, but I know "fishing more" is out of the question. So my goals are better quality. Be able to hit a big hatch. Get out with friends a few times. My oldest is interested in conservation, so I signed us up for volunteer opportunities with the local TU. And my youngest (7 years old) is getting very interested in fishing, I look to encourage that interest more.

Fish some different streams and catch a trout every month of 2022.

- Catch a fish from every stream my father and I fished when I was a kid
- Catch more wild than stocked brown trout

Slow down and enjoy the ride.

Being on the water with my oldest daughter and helping her how to learn to fly fish.

One of my goals for 2022 is to make it to 79! Another goal is to land a 24" wild rainbow on a dry and a 25" wild brown on a dry. I've come close; 22" for the rainbow and 24.50" for the brown. Make time to chat with other fly fishers on the rivers.

'

Off to a good start for proving my flies in '22!
Stone

Firstfish

(Photo test for the new board. FYI: File size issue is obviously more manageable on computer than phone. Good enough!)

I'm seeing multiple muskies nearly every trip out, sometimes as many as 10, sometimes one or two. This is the year to convert more follows into eats & more eats into the net.

I should just fish more, I've invested a lot of time and money diving into traditional archery. Well, kids, bills, work and keeping 4 vehicles running to name a few others 🤣🤦

My goal is always to fish more.
64FA5401 952E 4832 B8AF 2F8E588BD15E

Last edited:
bring one new person into the sport
fish the northern counties more

My goal is the same as many here, and that is to get out on the streams and rivers more for trout this year. I tend to get lazy living right off a nice private lake loaded with good bass, crappie, perch and pickerel eager to devour streamers - and having my little jonboat 1/4 mi from my house is always easier.
Mike B

2022 Goals:
  1. Get my 6 year old onto his first wild brown on a dry fly all by himself.
  2. Take my wife onto the water more often and get more fish to the net for her.
  3. Fine tune my euro setup and fishing style.
  4. Do a better job with documenting my catches. Managed a great 18-20" wild brown, but never got a good pic or video this past summer.
  5. Explore 5+ new pieces of water throughout the state.

Back