Catskills JAM: Need some info / help from attendees

Ok, so troutmaster is bringing a portable grill, anyone with a Foreman, that would be cool too as we will be cranking out some food.
I will get some baked beans, potatoes for micronuking, etc. If you want a nice steak let me know. I bought a bunch of NY strips, ribeyes, etc a month or two ago and froze them up. I would say $5 per steak. They are big. Let me know if you want them for Friday and/or Sat.
Word of warning, its a good idea to have back up plans for late evening food because stuff shuts down EARLY there, not that there is much to choose from to begin with.

jdaddy wrote:
Ok, so troutmaster is bringing a portable grill, anyone with a Foreman, that would be cool too as we will be cranking out some food.
I will get some baked beans, potatoes for micronuking, etc. If you want a nice steak let me know. I bought a bunch of NY strips, ribeyes, etc a month or two ago and froze them up. I would say $5 per steak. They are big. Let me know if you want them for Friday and/or Sat.
Word of warning, its a good idea to have back up plans for late evening food because stuff shuts down EARLY there, not that there is much to choose from to begin with.

If you want, I can bring some beans if that would lighten your load? About how many people are we gonna have? I could bring some great pulled pork from the award winning Dinosaur BBQ. (http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/)

Couple of things.

Each room has a refrigerator and microwave.

I will be coming through duty free on Wed and was going to pick up a couple of bottles of Mount Gay Rum to bring along, as long as no one was opposed.

The restaurants do not stay open late, but remember that dang sun is going down earlier, and earlier, and earlier. I assume we are done fishing around 7 to 7:30.

See ya all soon.

JG

as long as no one was opposed

You are going to bring booze? I OBJECT! What do you think we are a bunch of hooligans?

wsender, up to you. I am going to grocery store tomorrow for family duty, so I can get everything needs for steak'a'ments and the dogs, etc. Guess we could do the dogs, etc Friday night and the steak/kaboobs, etc Saturday night?

I'll grab dogs. About how many people do you think so I can get a estimate of what to grab.

On my way up, everyone have a safe ride! There appears to be plenty of water in the river! See yall up there.

JG

Is there a flow gauge to check out?

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?site_no=01426500

http://catskillflies.com/stream.html

catskillflies.com status is of Tuesday. There is more water as of yesterday and it is murky.

I figured it would be with all the rain

The upper WB is actually trashed because of a lack of rain. It's opposite world up there. When everything is low, the WB is ripping. They need to open it up to maintain base flows on the mainstem.

Lots of rain means a low, clear WB and a high, muddy EB. The EB picks up the big tributaries.

Andy (Sight_Nymph) and Josh are there as of yesterday. I will be arriving tomorrow with RedSun around noon, if anyone wants to meet and fish just PM me. Everyone will be gathering back at Capra Motel around 6:30-7 or so. One of the PAFF members is bringing a grill. Wsender is bringing hot dogs for the group so a contribution to him to cover costs would be great. BYOB. Saturday morning everyone has the option of going to Boarder Water Outfitters right down the street from the Motel for an informational session put on by Coz (owner of BWO). There will also be a raffle per discussions in thread. The meeting is around 10:00 AM. Obviously you can fish before hand or sleep off the hangover from the night before. We'll form groups and plan our attack of these waters. Saturday evening we will again meet at the Capra Motel. Poker, drinking, grilling, etc shall ensue. As noted I am bringing steaks, baked potato, baked beans and sauteed mushrooms for dinner that night. I can bring as much as needed, however I need a head count. I figure cost to be around $7 head. BIG NY Strips or Ribeyes. Sunday we will attempt to gather our thoughts and fish the day out.

Due to conditions beyond my control, I won't be able to make it. I'm sorry it's so last minute, but I've been trying to make it work all day. I'm really bummer, sad, pissed, that I can't make it and feel bad that I'm letting everyone down with the hotdogs. I really wanted to come. I've been trying flies for weeks and have been reading Weamers book non-stop. Next time for sure guys. Sorry......

...and?

C'mon, I know what happens in Vegas stays there, but:

1) This is PAFF. You're among friends here. Except you, Alpa. You have no friends.
2) Vegas and Hancock, NY are not the same place.
3) Blackmail is an effective method of friendship here.
4) We're fishermen. Surely there's fish stories.

Got there friday. Drank, played poker, and tied leaders til 4am.

Sat: slept til 10, won a new scott a2 in the raffle, fished the esopus, ate steak, potatoes, and awesome spicy chicken.

Sun: woke up, decided against fishing the swollen WB, fished the po.

So, I take it that the Delaware was totally unfishable?
Did anyone try the Beaverkill?

My understanding is that the beaverkill was low and warm.

The mainstem was fishable, but nothing was going on. The WB was "coffee with creamer", as Andy put it.

JerseyGeorge caught a pig on a last minute streamer run.

That's too bad. The Delaware is definitely one fickle mother.
I'm on vacation again starting this sunday, and was hoping to maybe get back up there. But unless things change drastically, that'll be out

Back