Catskills JAM: Need some info / help from attendees

One of the new girls at the Circle E Diner. Solid upgrade imo.

Attachments

• fishinggirl.jpg
    fishinggirl.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 8
Those are some nice plaques!

Ya, I think Andy has tried to buy the plaque on the right for his house.

Photos. Note girls in bathing suits on 'tubes in 60 degree water. After sharing beers and smokes with the girls, Andy proceeded to show them they had missed their take out instead of letting them float down with him and forcing them to rely upon him to get them back to their cars. Fail.

Attachments

• Delaware 9-25-10 (1) (Large).JPG
    Delaware 9-25-10 (1) (Large).JPG
    256.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Delaware 9-25-10 (2) (Large).JPG
    Delaware 9-25-10 (2) (Large).JPG
    333.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Delaware 9-25-10 (Large).JPG
    Delaware 9-25-10 (Large).JPG
    312.2 KB · Views: 7
  • EsopusGuy enjoys sights on WB (Large).JPG
    EsopusGuy enjoys sights on WB (Large).JPG
    324.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Josh nymphing at Callicoon (Large).JPG
    Josh nymphing at Callicoon (Large).JPG
    304.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Taking out at Long Eddy ramp (Large).JPG
    Taking out at Long Eddy ramp (Large).JPG
    304.8 KB · Views: 6
This is the East Branch on Friday afternoon at the 17 Rest Stop access. For those that have fished it, check out how shallow everything is. Amazing.

jdaddy wrote:
This is the East Branch on Friday afternoon at the 17 Rest Stop access. For those that have fished it, check out how shallow everything is. Amazing.

Missing: Girls on tubes, cute waitress with glasses.
Pictured: Water, guys fishing, meh.

No pictures of Cosmo Kramer?

Missing: Girls on tubes, cute waitress with glasses.

I was yelled at for taking pictures of women. You know that handy, dandy iphone "click!" when you take photos at close range is apparently audible to women no matter how personally drunk I am. Those photos are from sources other than myself. I am in your corner on this one.

Edit: Here maybe this helps. Imagine the big, gigantic dork is not in the lower left corner.

No pictures of Cosmo Kramer?

Fade you are bordering on obsession.

Attachments

• fishing 011 (Large).JPG
    fishing 011 (Large).JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 8
Very nice fellas, very nice! :lol: This thread has officially gone down the crapper...in a good way!

Fade - Katy Perry and Elmo...wow! No wonder Elmo's smiling!

jdaddy wrote:
I was yelled at for taking pictures of women. You know that handy, dandy iphone "click!" when you take photos at close range is apparently audible to women no matter how personally drunk I am.

You never noticed the switch on the side that MUTES all sound from your phone? Y'know, right above the volume rocker.

Fade you are bordering on obsession.

At least I'm obsessed with the waitress.

Looks like she packs a mean....um....sweetener container!

You never noticed the switch on the side that MUTES all sound from your phone? Y'know, right above the volume rocker.

But then the conversation with Sight and Jay is one sided. Besides, it was not me that was embarrassed.

wgmiller wrote:
Looks like she packs a mean....um....sweetener container!

I'm pro-sweetener.

I used to fish spot in Calicoon I think. Is that the old abandoned looking bridge?

I fished from the bank on the left. There was a road that dead ended and you could park and had to walk past this shack in the woods with all kinds of animals and geese that would try to chase you before getting to the river.

The Weiner Dog Story: Short Version

While packing my gear for the JAM senior citizen neighbor lady walks down street with leash in hand. Dog is lost. I hear barking, get trusty black lab Nixie to help in recovery. Weiner dog has cat in tree. Cat sees two dogs, jumps about 12 feet down, Weiner dog takes off, black lab is very confused. JG takes lab through a series of backyards, weiner dog has cat in another tree. Weiner dog is not cornered, and seems calm, JG reaches over, pulls him towards me, he latches onto my forearm, sinking teeth all the way in, blood, etc, and shaking. JG does not let go, and conttinues recovery of weiner dog with left hand. Now left thumb has three puncture wounds and is bleeding worse than forearm, JG still not letting go. JG one tough dude. Weiner dog has one defense and pees all over JG.

Give weiner dog back to neighbors. Their cat died, they got 10 year old rescue weiner dog four days ago that they just discovered likes to chase cats! JG not angry, sometimes you have to take one for the team. JG happy he did not get hit by car.

Senior citizen neighbor bakes pennsylvania plum cake for JG. Very good.

[color=FF0000]SCORE:

Weiner Dog 1
Jersey George 0
[/color]

OK time for more pics of the talent.

I hear barking, get trusty black lab Nixie to help in recovery.

Nothing like fixing one pet issue like introducing another one into the mix. Kind of like when you have a cat stuck in a wall and send another one in to get it but the string comes loose.

Weiner dog has cat in tree.

Weiner dog is clearly bad ***. Pawned the cat AND your arm.

Friends-

I made a posting in the main forum, but after we left on Sunday, they shut the water flow from the 100-1200 CFS range down to as low as 115CFS.

There is information on the www.fudr.org website, with photos of damage to the riverbed from exposing so much rock.

Shaking my head in disgust.

JG.

Friends of the Upper Delaware River
For Immediate Release
Sept. 28, 2010
For more information:
Dan Plummer, FUDR chairman
catskilldan@mac.com
(607) 363-7848
2010 Crisis Alert No. 4:
„Reckless‟ Watercrats Endanger Delaware Trout
As West Branch Flow Is Cut 90 Percent Overnight
As the critical brown trout spawning season arrives on the upper Delaware River, the government water bureaucracy throttled back the flow out of Cannonsville Reservoir by 90 percent this week—a reckless and irrational act.
“It is incomprehensible how the authorities charged with the stewardship of this famous fishery and its magnificent environment could be so reckless,” says Al Caucci, vice president of Friends of the Upper Delaware River, a nonprofit environmental conservation group. “Under current conditions, more than 50 miles of prime wild trout water on the West Branch and main stem Delaware, from Deposit to Callicoon, N.Y., is in serious jeopardy.”
Water releases from Cannonsville were cut from 1,100 cubic feet per second to 115 cfs overnight Sunday. Within hours, gravel beds were exposed downstream.
If trout spawning has begun, the exposure of the eggs is probably fatal, said Caucci, who has written three reference books about the relationship between trout and aquatic insects, including the seminal “Hatches.” Also imperiled are aquatic insects, dwarf wedge mussel beds and the shad fry trying to make their way downstream to the ocean.
This is the fourth time since May that FUDR has been prompted to issue a “Crisis Alert” over irrational yo-yo dam releases by the water bureaucracy.
“They have proven once again that there is absolutely no stewardship whatsoever by the water authorities in matters of the fishery,” says Caucci.
The Delaware River Basin Commission, a multi-state entity, is charged with overseeing the river system. Also to blame is the New York City Department of Environmental Protection, which has extraordinary influence with the DRBC.
Protocols for water-release rates are spelled out in the so-called Flexible Flow Management Program, approved in 2007 by the commission.
FUDR has long been a critic of the program, which leads to heavy flows when trout need it least and a trickle when the fish need it most, like now and during heat waves. FUDR advocates a common-sense release plan that would benefit the wildlife as well as those who live on and visit the river for recreation.
The simple solution, supported by environmental groups and fishery experts, is a steady release of a minimum flow rate of about 600 cubic feet per second out of Cannonsville into the West Branch from April through September. For the past month, water was being released in a muddy torrent at nearly double that rate. As of Tuesday, the flow was measured at one-fifth of FUDR‟s target rate.
Last year, FUDR gained assurances from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation that any early-fall flow reductions would be done gradually to protect spawning trout.
“And now they close the spigot 90 percent overnight, without warning,” says Dan Plummer, FUDR‟s board chairman. “It‟s frustrating that our endless discussions with--and promises from--the water bureaucracy lead us right back where we started.”
FUDR has called upon the DRBC to devise a rational water-release plan. The organization is urging the river‟s residents, fishing enthusiasts, those who use the river system for recreation, and those in the region who earn a living from outdoors tourism to contact their elected officials or the DRBC to let them know that they value a healthy river and oppose the flawed flow plan.

Nothing like fixing one pet issue like introducing another one into the mix. Kind of like when you have a cat stuck in a wall and send another one in to get it but the string comes loose.
LMAO fantastic episode! Don't forget to tie a bird to a string and send it in as well!

JakesLeakyWaders wrote:
I used to fish spot in Calicoon I think. Is that the old abandoned looking bridge?

I fished from the bank on the left. There was a road that dead ended and you could park and had to walk past this shack in the woods with all kinds of animals and geese that would try to chase you before getting to the river.

I think you're talking about Boucheaxville - which is between Lordville and Stalker. They had peacocks and other weird looking birds there also.
That shack was torn down a few years ago. The last time I tried to fish there, it was posted with no trespassing signs - and also some other ones that said fishing permitted.

Back