Catskills JAM: Need some info / help from attendees

Pics??? Doesn't sound like the last two "jams" (Juniata & Catskill) have been very successful... Here's hoping the steelhead jam breaks the cycle!

None here. I realized I wasted too much time playing with the camera, and just concentrate on enjoying myself these days.

Close your eyes and picture pretty little wild rainbows on a stream about the size of penns. The hillsides are quickly approaching peak fall colors.

If I had the camera with me, that's what I would have posted. :)

Hey below is a note from Andy(sightnymph) ...since he couldn't post on the forum, he asked me to relay the following message:

------------------------------------------

Thank you to all that attended the Catskill JAM. In spite of less than ideal fishing conditions, we still had fun and a few fish were caught. We faced a 80 cfs release on the East Branch, 65 cfs of warm water on the Beaverkill and a high muddy release from the West Branch. Combine that with sunshine, near record highs and that all makes for bad fishing. Dave S made the longest drive of almost 7 hrs to attend. Thank you for doing so and I apologize that the fishing wasn’t better. List of attendees: JerseyGeorge, Trowpa, Josh, Andy, JayL, Jdaddy, Dave S, Troutmaster, Nickyboy and his buddy.

Coz at Border Water Outfitters did a nice job discussing the fishing options with our group. He was also kind enough to hold the raffle in his shop and draw the tickets. Another ‘thank you’ goes to Gene & Ines at the Capra Inn. They took great care of our group too. We’ll be back again in the spring.

Raffle Donations by:

Fish pond chest pack scotto (Potteiger-Stoltz Insurance Agency)

Furled leaders JayL

Fly box / 65 flies Andy (sight_nymph)

Fly plaques Josh

Scott A2 fly rod EsopusGuy

Reddington fly rod w/Ross reel Andy (sight_nymph)

Redsun was there too. Otherwise, that's about right.

I'd like to thank Andy for putting this on. It was a good time.

If I had the camera with me, that's what I would have posted

Nooooooooooo, you would have taken a picture of the dude who set up his stool, ripped his shirt off Fabio style and proceeded to serenade us as we lay on the banks like beached whales.

Sounds like it was a great time, I won't say that a weekend of toddler birthday parties was more fun, but sometimes you gotta do what's right.

I'll get some pics and stuff up later. My pics are mostly of the new talent in Hancock. Others have pics of fish.

Seen one rainbow, seen 'em all.

Work on the former.

The Delaware was very stingy in giving up it's jewels this past week.

Had a great time, made some new friends.
Got bit by a weiner dog, that cost me a day fishing.
The oarlock on my new 'toon broke, thankfully when the former Troutmaster, now known as the Pontoonmaster took it for a drift. Andy looked a little tired after towing him down river, but he has experience with that.

Not getting drunk on Saturday night, so I could wake up and be on the river at dark on Sunday morning resulted in the largest birdsnest tangle of my career, which was followed by the following catch.

All in all, a fun weekend. Lets do it when there are bugs and clear water.

I hate posting photos online... How come I have attached the darn file [d]3[/d] make that four times times and it is not here????

jerseygeorge wrote:

[color=FF0000]Got bit by a weiner dog, that cost me a day fishing.[/color]
The oarlock on my new 'toon broke, thankfully when the former Troutmaster, now known as the Pontoonmaster took it for a drift. Andy looked a little tired after towing him down river, but he has experience with that.

Not getting drunk on Saturday night, so I could wake up and be on the river at dark on Sunday morning resulted in the largest birdsnest tangle of my career, which was followed by the following catch.

All in all, a fun weekend. Lets do it when there are bugs and clear water.

I hate posting photos online... How come I have attached the darn file 3 times and it is not here????

OH NO!...SAY IT AINT SO!!!.......what happened!

as tough as the fishing was, I had a great time and met some really nice people...

and as much as I b!+ch about rowing through frog water...for some strange reason I found myself exploring scadden's site looking at pontoon boats. Quite a different experience and not my usual style of fishing, but oddly addicting..... Perhaps some day....

That is him, that looks just like the one that bit me. That dog is EVIL!!! Ha, ha, ha!

Ok, tried all different image sizes, a PC with Explorer, a Mac with Safari and Mozilla. Attaching a pic just is not going to happen today on this forum. Lets see if this works...

JG
delawarebrown.jpg

And now that I have the picture thing down, here is a shot at our trusty, pizza eating, mascot....

kramer.jpg

The fact that you pulled that out of the WB blowing mud is amazing. I forget which Kelley fly you used for that fish.

Guys, when I say visibility was poor I mean it! Did you even see any other anglers out that day? George is hard core. He hit that muddy mess at like 5:00 AM!

and as much as I b!+ch about rowing through frog water...for some strange reason I found myself exploring scadden's site looking at pontoon boats. Quite a different experience and not my usual style of fishing, but oddly addicting..... Perhaps some day....

Dude, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I sold my first boat and bought the Scadden AFTER a trip where I thought I would never float again. It CAN be fun.

Here are some pictures to keep you thinking about a 'toon...

jam1.jpg

jam2m.jpg

jam3.jpg

jam4.jpg

jam5.jpg

And now that I have the picture thing down, here is a shot at our trusty, pizza eating, mascot....

That is one of the all time coolest dogs ever. It doesnt take long for him to win your favor.
These freakin reports of hardly any success on a consistent basis up there STILL has me eyeballin' a Fishcat 9.

jerseygeorge wrote:

[color=FF0000]Got bit by a weiner dog, that cost me a day fishing.[/color]

OH NO!...SAY IT AINT SO!!!.......what happened![/quote]

The Incredible Fly Fishing Weiner Dog says,
"It wasn't me! Hey, that's a nice trout Jerseygeorge...sure better than catchin a cat."

Attachments

• It Wasn't Me!.jpg
    It Wasn't Me!.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 6
I can attest that the little weiner dog messed george up good.

I am a major dachshund advocate, and tried to clear their good name.

Back