Catskills JAM: Need some info / help from attendees

I know, I jest...

Are we talking micro fleece underneath cold?

I have gone with and without it. For floating, I wouldn't do it. If I was wading all day I probably would.

Ditto's what Jay says. If you are going to stand in one place on the WB for a few hours at a time, it will be very cold on your toes. If you are moving, floating, etc it is not that bad.

Would someone care to show me the proper mechanics of nymphing while on the trip?

I am no expert, but I can show you what I know.

Bring thingamabobbers and lead. There are stretches for euro nymphing (worked well for me last time) and lots of areas for indy nymphing.

would twist on indicators be ok or should i use the thingas.

Thingamabobbers are, by far, the best indicators I've ever used. I'd get some.

I actually just bought some last week, the 3/4" variety. I haven't been too super impressed with the twist on ones. I'm glad someone likes the Thingamabobbers.

Thingamabobers are great, especially for fast water. I don't like the fact they tend to slip on occassion and they kink the line. Having said that, I use a dedicated indicator leader which has fixed length from line to the thinga where I tie it off. I then attach straight fluro and use that to adjust depth. If you want something to move up and down I kind of like some of the new indicators like the Frogs Hair, but it is not great is super fast water/heavy currents like thinga.

If Esopus Guy is there he will teach you all you ever want to know about Euro techniques as he lives them daily.

All-

I will be rolling into the Capra on Thursday, the 23rd, mid day. Got my trailer finished for my Scadden, here is a pic!

p9180015.jpg

I look forward to seeing everyone next weekend and hope the fishin' is good.

JG

Hey, is that idea for a beer swap still in play? Let me know.

Also, is someone cranking up a grill each evening?

jerseygeorge wrote:
All-

I will be rolling into the Capra on Thursday, the 23rd, mid day. Got my trailer finished for my Scadden, here is a pic!

p9180015.jpg

I look forward to seeing everyone next weekend and hope the fishin' is good.

JG

Hey, is that idea for a beer swap still in play? Let me know.

Also, is someone cranking up a grill each evening?

Jersey,

Nice rig!

How 'bout instead of a beer swap we do a boat swap, my kayak and roof rack for your Scadden toon and trailer. I'll even throw in an extra set of paddles and life vest...;-)

Hey, is that idea for a beer swap still in play? Let me know. Also, is someone cranking up a grill each evening?

Beer swap is good with me.

As far as the grill, can anyone bring one along? I sent a message to wsender as he said something about a smoker. I can't get one up there personally. If no one can get a real grill up there I guess we could get a cheap charcoal.

jdaddy,

I wish I could but I have a VW that barely fits my rod. If I had a truck I'd bring my grill.

I'll be arriving at the capra around mid-day thursday the 23rd. Anyone that will be up by then, PM me if you wanna fish!

Jersey,

Nice rig!

How 'bout instead of a beer swap we do a boat swap, my kayak and roof rack for your Scadden toon and trailer. I'll even throw in an extra set of paddles and life vest...

Afish-

If you caught me at the right moment, either after getting totally frustrated and teed off at trout that are smarter than me, or deep into a bottle of Makers you might have a chance. But right now, sorry!

I had a trailer for my 'yak, it was easier at the end of the day to just slide it on, still rigged. Thanks to my Sawzall, my yak trailer is now a 'toon trailer.

JG

I will be arriving at Capra on Friday after noon, I do have portable gas grill if that is good enough please PM me I can bring that along. I also can bring some spicy chicken kabaabs. Let me know .

I'll be at the Capra at around 5 or so on Friday.

I expect to be there by 8 or so friday evening. I'll get an early start on the #OOPS# sessions, since I will most likely miss the evening rise.

If someone is bringing a grill, which I think someone mentioned, I'll bring some really good hotdogs that are local to the Upstate NY area.

Back