Any interest in a Newbie Mini-Jam?

No problem. I'll bring line as well so guys can play along.

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Adam - Really appreciate you volunteering to do knots. Can you bring some pieces of cord to provide an easy to see visual?

H-A,
Wife is away for that weekend and I was thinking of bringing my 2 boys up to watch some of the event since I will be Mr. Momming it. They are 9 & 11 and would likely hang for an hour or so before becoming bored. Unless someone is catching fish, of course. Then it would be 65 minutes until that point.
Any issue with us driving up to be spectators? I am trying to plant some seeds for them and I would like to meet more of you guys like I did at the Trico jam last year. Thanks.
Jim

Kids fish free, sounds like there'll be some loaner rods banging around, you never know....

I'll tie some Badonkdonks, just let me know how many.

G, thanks. Sometimes kids learn better from someone other than their parent.

Ed,
Are we going to do the instructional part outside at the former shop or do you have some other place to meet for that portion of the day? Just curious how willing people will be to sit around outside for a few hours in the freezing cold.

Anyone want to trade places on the 26th? All you have to do is help my GF move all our stuff from my apartment to a house and drive a bunch of her furniture 260 miles in a uhaul. For that, I'lll even let you break in our new bed;)

With your...nevermind

bam wrote:
Anyone want to trade places on the 26th? All you have to do is help my GF move all our stuff from my apartment to a house and drive a bunch of her furniture 260 miles in a uhaul. For that, I'lll even let you break in our new bed;)

Pictures?

You'll have to take a chance.

Flyer's country it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See the announcement in the Events Forum.

Becker - feel free to donate as many as you want. It's a good chance for guys to clean out their fly boxes, and put the casualties to good use. Bad flies are better than no flies - donate what you'd like to.

giantsjim - Your situation is exactly what this type of event is for. We need to recruit new, and especially young flyfishers. Looking forward to seeing you again.

fly_flinger - I thought about trying to get a classroom at the Nature Conservancy, but this stuff is best done outdoors. We'll just have to dress according to the weather - and that includes rain or snow. Maybe jdaddy will include a brief discussion about dressing for bad weather in his talk (hint, Jeff). I DO have a 10' x 10' canopy I'll bring to keep the presenters and their materials protected from the elements.

Keep the ideas coming guys - we're flexible on everything except Cali Burrito, right gfen? :lol:

No rebuttal, there will be cali burritto.

I've got a box of cheap Chinese bait hooks, and the ability to blend whatever crap fur is on my desk. Everyone ties their own hare's ear and then fishes it.

We gonna take over that table by the ex-LLFS?

There is plenty of instructors but where are all the students . The nubs need to start steeping up to learn . I think I only counted 3 new guys so far.

I will be bring one of my friends too. He doesn't have a rod but I have a 40$ piece of something that he is going to use. It doesn't even have tappered line so its hard to cast but he wants to learn. So me +1. More new people poke your head in here I don't want this to fall through!!!

Also HA do you need me to bring anything? A table cups ect ect?

Where did they used to have the presentations, that were held by the LLFS? I seem to remember when I was younger that they used to have a building to show slide shows and stuff.

I could bring a friend as well. He's my age (17) and enjoys fly fishing but hasn't dedicated himself to reading and learning about it as much as I have. His casting and fishing skills are worse than mine, even though he's been doing it longer. I'll talk to him.

LRSABecker wrote:
Where did they used to have the presentations, that were held by the LLFS? I seem to remember when I was younger that they used to have a building to show slide shows and stuff.

That'd be what we affectionately refer to as the "Rat's Nest".

Not an option.

Attachments

• do not want 2.jpg
    do not want 2.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 8
O why is that? I seem to remember it not being to bad.

It's being used for storage. It'd take a week to clean it out, and the Parks Dept doesn't want it used anyways, for liability reasons. There's lawn cutting equipment packed all around it - forget about it. Trust me. Been there, done that.

This is three hours at a clip. Our vehicles are a short cast away, if you need to warm up.

Back