2011 PAFF Eastern PA Fly Tying Mini Jam 12/17/11

even I could do it-lol

I am very disappointed that I am unable to make this. It looks like a great event. Unfortunately however, our wrestling season has started and we have a tournament that day. I would have loved tying up one of the patterns I have been working on, but more importantly seeing some of the guys on the list and learning from them.
Darn obligations...

Nah you meed to put on a singlet and make some guys proud! Have fun touching other guys junk :) LOL j/k

SBecker wrote:
Nah you meed to put on a singlet and make some guys proud! Have fun touching other guys junk :) LOL j/k

I love it when you talk dirty... LOL. Seriously though, nobody in their right mind would want to see me in a singlet. It's been over 15 years since I have worn one. I am a coach now. (No Sandusky jokes please). Being a High School teacher and coach of several sports, my time gets limited. Lacrosse season in the spring is the worst. When you guys are out on the stream catching the best hatches, I'll be on the lax field building character in the young bucks (ehhhh..... or something like that). I would however love to get together for one of these tying jams if my schedule permits.

Where are:
JackM, Fishidiot, Maurice, afishinado

Why don't the "mods" participate?

1wt wrote:
Where are:

1wt,

Jack, Fishidiot and Maurice are not from the Eastern PA area. I am, but my work schedule doesn't allow me to attend the Tying Jam.

Heritage Ed has done 100% of the organizing, planning and work setting up the Tying Jam. Everyone should be thankful to him, show up, and make this event a great event. Also, take plenty of pics and vids to share.

Good luck to all.

1wt wrote:
Where are:

Jack, Maurice, and Fishidiot live either in the South Central part of the state, or further West. That's a pretty long drive to tie a fly.

Afish lives closer, but he's an awfully busy guy. He has participated in some of our local events when work allows him to.

You can usually catch all four of our moderators at "The" Jamboree in the Spring. They do a fine job of catching up on the fun, trust me. ;-)

***That's what I get for watching TV while I post a reply. You gotta get up pretty early in the morning to beat Afish to the punch!

Ok
looking forward to meeting you all for the first time but please "NO"
touching the tunk
LOL
The fly I will be tying is the Mosquito
please let me know if this is ok

I've been watching this thread and it looks like a great time. I might be able to attend but can't yet make the call.

If I make it, I'll tie a bass or salt pattern.

I've decided that I'll be tying the AZ mini-hopper. It's a nice little foam and rubber leg fly that will take everything from trout to bass to panfish.

A will be tying a golden furnace. I started a thread about it. Tutorial and material list can be found on my blog

No offense JU, but I thought you were teaching a troutbane or something like that? Why would you change to a basic soft hackle pattern? No argument trying to start here, just do not understand the change. Seems like you are just trying to post to get people to look at your blog. I say this because after everyone of your posts, is a push to do so.

Hahah becker. I posted this under the wrong thread. OOPS.

Im out. Sorry if it causes any problems.

JohnnyUtah wrote:
Im out. Sorry if it causes any problems.

This is a shame. I saw this as an oportunity to clear some things up - both for you, and for others.

Vaya con Dios, Amigo.

Vaya con dios sorry but i dont care to clear things up with certain members. You sir i do apologize to. We misunderstood one another. If you ask others that pm me you would quickly find out, that im kind soul such as yourself. Take care friend. Im sure we will cross paths.

In all the excitement, I almost missed Fishidiot's post. Dave - you would be most welcome at this event. You'll have to excuse me if I keep handing you napkins at Riverwalck's. :-D

This man is an artist of the highest caliber.

Here's the updated attendance list:

H.A. - Polish woven nymph demo
trowpa - BHPT demo
SBecker - Spicy BWO nymph demo
Fredrick - TBD demo
jwatts
hack & son
CLSports - undecided
gaeronf - Action Caddis demo
gfen - The Usual demo
dubthethorax - AZ mini hopper demo
surveyor06 - olive caddis larva demo
FrequentTyer - BWO parachute demo
jdaddy - videographer
mooney4 - TBD demo
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
RowJimmy - "The Chimmynator" demo
longcast - Mosquito demo
Old Lefty - cressbug, or Iso nymph demo
Foxgap239 - Comparadun, or honeybug inchworm demo
FFChineseman
krayfish - (?)
TimRobinsin
whheff - Attractor nymph demo
tony300wby - beginner's instructor
jaymason

Hi HA, I figured I should decide on what Im tying. What do you think about either a WD-40 or Prince Nymph? For beginners both should be suitable. I would have packets for either. Your thoughts?

Rich

Sounds great to me. I'll put you down for both, and you can decide. I think a prince would show more in the way of tying techniques.....

Maybe I should hand you my truck keys when we get there - that way, we couldn't leave for dinner without you. ;)

Updated attendance list:

H.A. - Polish woven nymph demo
trowpa - BHPT demo
SBecker - Spicy BWO nymph demo
Fredrick - TBD demo
jwatts
hack & son
CLSports - undecided
gaeronf - Action Caddis demo
gfen - The Usual demo
dubthethorax - TBD demo
surveyor06 - olive caddis larva demo