2011 PAFF Eastern PA Fly Tying Mini Jam 12/17/11

I have off as of now but I need to find a sitter . so I'm still up in the air as of now but if 1wt comes I'll make him watch my son as I tie :p

Fredrick wrote:
I have off as of now but I need to find a sitter . so I'm still up in the air as of now but if 1wt comes I'll make him watch my son as I tie :p

Just. Be. There.

Your services are requested, comprende? ;-)

Things are falling into place nicely for this event. We've still got a few openings for demo tyers, so now would be a good time to sign up!

The beginners will start off with instruction by tony300wby on some basic tying techniques. Materials to tie the "green weenie" will be provided for your first fly. As demo tyers with kits finish their presentations, more opportunities for tying other patterns will become available. These demo tyers will instruct the newbies on their ties, and Tony will oversee, and jump in where necessary.

Here's the updated attendance list:

H.A. - Polish woven nymph demo
trowpa - BHPT demo
SBecker - Spicy BWO nymph demo
Fredrick - TBD demo
jwatts
hack & son
CLSports - undecided
gaeronf - Action Caddis demo
gfen - The Usual demo
dubthethorax - rubber leg nymph demo
surveyor06 - olive caddis larva demo
FrequentTyer - BWO parachute demo
jdaddy - videographer
mooney4 - WD-40/prince nymph demo
JohnnyUtah - Trout Bane demo
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
RowJimmy - "The Chimmynator" demo
longcast - Mosquito demo
Old Lefty - cressbug, or Iso nymph demo
Foxgap239 - Comparadun demo
FFChineseman
krayfish - (?)
TimRobinsin
whheff - Attractor nymph demo
tony300wby - beginner's instructor
jaymason

If theres anyone that wants to carpool up from the Delaware County area let me know. Maybe we can work something out.

I think I can make this if you'll have me. Can do a flatwing streamer demo, or a sulpher biot pattern, or maybe the Clouser woolley stone. (Stoned woolley clouser?)

ebroesicke wrote:
I think I can make this if you'll have me. Can do a flatwing streamer demo, or a sulpher biot pattern, or maybe the Clouser woolley stone. (Stoned woolley clouser?)

Glad to have you participate. Pick your tie, and I'll add it to the list.

See you there!

H.A.

Updated list:

trowpa - BHPT demo
Fredrick - TBD demo
jwatts
hack & son
CLSports - undecided
gfen - The Usual demo
jdaddy - videographer
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
longcast - Mosquito demo
FFChineseman
krayfish - (?)
TimRobinsin
jaymason
ebroesicke - TBD demo

Flatwing streamer.

H.A. -
As I have no skillz to offer, can I bring up materials? Thread, beads, etc?

If someone gets me a short list (specifics, please, I am a n00b!), I would like to be able to contribute in some way.

Looking forward to next weekend - have been for a month. Thank you very much for making this happen!

Hi hack - you can bring whatever you'd like to, but I've already bought all the supplies to tie a boatload of green weenies. That's what tony300wby is gonna start you guys out on, until kits become available from the demo tyers. These kits should keep the newbies busy for the rest of the day, no problem.

Tony is bringing 3 complete tying setups along from the Hokendauqua TU tying classes, so you'll have nice equipment to tie with.

We're all set to go at this point, and I'm looking forward to meeting some new PAFF members. We'll have a great time, I'm sure!

H.A.

P.S. - Demo kits should include all materials to tie the demo flies (including hooks) except thread. I'm requesting 6 kits from each demo tyer, so that's enough stuff to tie 12 flies. Remember - this is optional, but would be appreciated!

Updated list:

trowpa - BHPT demo
Fredrick - TBD demo
jwatts
hack & son
CLSports - undecided
gfen - The Usual demo
jdaddy - videographer
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
longcast - Mosquito demo
FFChineseman
krayfish - (?)
TimRobinsin
jaymason
ebroesicke - flatwing streamer demo

Note to all attendees:

Bring an extension cord if you plan on using a light. We may wind up using the main hall (upgrade, IMO) instead of the lab downstairs. This will give us much more room, and allow for plenty of seating for spectators. There are lots of electrical outlets on the perimeter of the room, as well as floor receptacles in the center. There's also a video screen up front for jdaddy to use.

We're 100% good to go. Both the Nature Center, and Riverwalck's are excited to have us visit.

If anyone is concerned about finding the Nature Center, PM me, and I'll give you my cell phone number - just in case...

H.A.

I hate to say this, but I unfortunately have to back out. Our 2nd child is due in a few weeks and my wife is starting to have small contractions. I need to stay close to home, and heading up to this would be a little too far for me in case something were to happen.

It's a shame. I was really looking forward to this. My apologies and thanks for the opportunity.

-Mike

I check in hear about twice a week and read all of the banter
it is going to be fun to meet all of you for the first time and put faces with names
heading to erie to do some steelhead fishing for the week
Brrrrr

With all the tying knowledge assembled at this event, I can't miss it. So I'll be there. Won't be demoing, but will bring a tying kit in case.

peace-tony c.

Dub - You will be missed. Good to see you've got your priorities in order though! I was really looking forward to seeing your demo - we'll have to set something up sometime.

Of course, this means Becker is gonna get skunked now. :cool:

Tony - Bring your appetite. Riverwalck's is gonna feed us well.

Updated attendance list:

trowpa - BHPT demo
Fredrick - TBD demo
jwatts
hack & son
CLSports - undecided
gfen - The Usual demo
jdaddy - videographer
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
longcast - Mosquito demo
FFChineseman
krayfish - (?)
TimRobinsin
jaymason
ebroesicke - flatwing streamer demo
outdoorsman816 - biot nymph demo
tocar

I can not remember the the last time I did not catch a fish on the Pod. Probably Saturday.

Trying to make it. looks like it will be after 3, hope it's not too late to learn some new patterns!

Ed:

I confirmed this a.m. that Glenn will be coming with me on Saturday. We're shooting for arrival at the stream around 7'ish.

Dave R.

Where is the meeting point? RiverWalck?

SBecker wrote:
Where is the meeting point? RiverWalck?

We'll be meeting at the gauging station on the PO. The parking lot by the dam can be used for overflow parking. :roll:

We're meeting between 6am and 7am, and RowJimmy will be leading a group to another stream.

We can't meet at Riverwalck to fish, unless we want to park on the West side of the highway - you know the drill.

If you see me, say hi. But say your screen name, because I'll probably be in a zombie like zone at that time in the morning...after all, I am a teenager :D But really, say hi! lol

Back