2011 PAFF Eastern PA Fly Tying Mini Jam 12/17/11

OldLefty wrote:
Ed:

I confirmed this a.m. that Glenn will be coming with me on Saturday. We're shooting for arrival at the stream around 7'ish.

Dave R.

This is awesome! It'll be nice to see Glenn on the "other" side of the counter. Too bad he won't have his ice cream machine along. :lol:

Ed:

Don't remember if I told you that I will be on the "other" side of the counter in the fly shop. I'm going to fill the void there. With the demise of E. Hille's we hope to raise the level of awareness of the shop. Hopefully we'll raise the level of service available in the shop, as well.

Dave R.

I'm hoping to get there to fish and meet a lot of guys I only know by screen names. Gonna be a bit nipply though. :)

H-A, that website, with the coordinates, is the place I can park, right? and how far is it from the stream?

Yep you are correct. Sorry everybody, I dropped the ball. Hopefully you guys can forgive me. See everybody Saturday, you all are welcome to give me a punch in the arm.

I'm bringing my striped referee shirt Saturday just in case. I just can't do the "let's get ready to rumble" annoucement and do it justice!

HA, is food aloud in the facility where we will be tying in? I was thinking of bringing up some real Philly pretzels for everyone, and no they are not coming from a street corner in South Philly. Thought I should ask before, ya know. Since we might not be eating until aftr 5.

I need the start time for the jam?
And could you give me an address to put in my GPS
really looking forward to this

Directions to the Osprey House of the LGNC can be found here:

http://lgnc.org/maps-directions

Food and beverages are not permitted inside, except for the spring water that I'll provide. This isn't a big deal, as there is a deck just outside of the main hall. We can eat/smoke/whatever out on the deck, and be just a few feet away from the hall.

Pretzels are very cool, and I'm sure will be appreciated.

This event starts at 1PM. Each demo tyer should plan on taking 10 minutes to do their demo. Time permitting, we'll have a question and answer session after the tying is done. Our reservations at Riverwalck's are for 5:30PM.

Updated attendance list:

H.A. - Polish woven nymph demo
trowpa - BHPT demo
SBecker - Spicy BWO nymph demo
Fredrick - TBD demo
jwatts
hack & son
CLSports - undecided
gaeronf - Action Caddis demo
gfen - The Usual demo
surveyor06 - olive caddis larva demo
FrequentTyer - BWO parachute demo
jdaddy - videographer
mooney4 - WD-40/prince nymph demo
JohnnyUtah - Trout Bane demo
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
RowJimmy - "The Chimmynator" demo
longcast - Mosquito demo
Old Lefty - cressbug, or Iso nymph demo
Foxgap239 - Comparadun demo
FFChineseman
krayfish - sculpin demo
TimRobinsin
whheff - Attractor nymph demo
tony300wby - beginner's instructor
jaymason
ebroesicke - flatwing streamer demo
outdoorsman816 - biot nymph demo, + 3 or 4 friends
tocar
slackleader

So stoked! I am especially looking forward to the polish nymph tie.

dude, that sucks, I was looking forward to meeting you

This thread has been modified by the moderator staff and may appear to have some gaps in the thread.
Thanks for your cooperation.

The Moderator Staff

Had to bail early, thanks to all for the very cool ties.

Guys, I'm so bummed I really wanted to meet all of you but I had some health issues this past week and I felt it best not to try driving 90 minutes on my own.

Even though I couldn;t make it, I wanted to thank Ed for putting this together. I do look forward to meeting a lot of you in the near future.

George

Gentlemen, Thanks for ANOTHER educational day.
Just watching some experienced tiers really helped me get a better idea of what I SHOULD be doing.

Today was a good day to be a PAFF member. The generosity of the members here is incredible. The Lehigh Gap Nature Center received a very fat envelope as a donation from our raffle - I was too embarrassed to even count what we raised, but the money barely fit in the envelope.

We had 19 demo tyers today, and the skill level of every single one was off the charts - these boys can really tie! Overall, we had close to 40 people packed into the main hall at the LGNC.

I'll post a more detailed report as soon as I get all the pictures in.

The members in attendance have my sincere thanks for what you accomplished today. Everyone showed the skill, spirit, and comaraderie that exemplify what this forum is all about.

H.A.

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Today was a good day to be a PAFF member. The generosity of the members here is incredible. The Lehigh Gap Nature Center received a very fat envelope as a donation from our raffle - I was too embarrassed to even count what we raised, but the money barely fit in the envelope.

We had 19 demo tyers today, and the skill level of every single one was off the charts - these boys can really tie! Overall, we had close to 40 people packed into the main hall at the LGNC.

I'll post a more detailed report as soon as I get all the pictures in.

The members in attendance have my sincere thanks for what you accomplished today. Everyone showed the skill, spirit, and comaraderie that exemplify what this forum is all about.

H.A.

Yes, and some people that weren't even a part of the forum were there and contributing equally if not more than the members! Don't take that the wrong way though...lol. I thought it was well organized, and a lot of thought, time, and planning went into it. I give you a pat on the back Ed! And it was a little sad not seeing some of the people that were going to show up, but thats ok. This was great, and if it doesn't happen again next year, that will be a complete shame. Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!

-Gaeron

Hey it was nice to learn your fly today

It was a fantastic event. I learned a lot and really enjoyed meeting some of the faces behind the avatars. There sure are a lot of kind, generous, and talented guys on the forum.
Ed, thanks for putting it together and doing all of the hard work. I hope this does become an annual event and would be happy to help out next time.
Mike.

Ok I thought I was following you but
DAM IT
I missed supper with you because I get lost
no one gave me their number and I had no name for restaurant
so I drove around looking for a Mexican. restaurant and got more lost
so I set the GPS for home
sincerely disappointed

Back