2010 Erie Steelhead Jam November 12th - 14th

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Hi Ryan - Gotcha covered, just in case you don't find a room to split with someone. It'll mean sleeping on a cot, but at least you'll have a guaranteed place to stay *.

One eye open, Ry....

At least there's safety in numbers. Much as it pains me to admit it, Becker is NOT Chastity Bono - even though he looks like [d]her[/d] [d]him[/d] whatever.

Heritage-Angler wrote:
At least there's safety in numbers. Much as it pains me to admit it, Becker is NOT Chastity Bono - even though he looks like [d]her[/d] [d]him[/d] whatever.

I think what he's saying, Ryan, is sleep with one eye open, standing up and against the wall...its a wolfpack.

hey, a penguin might not be that intimidating, but it certanly can beat up a piece of paper(flyer).

When I took my kids out Trick or Treating this week, I saw many little girls dressed as penguins....coincidence? I think not.

When I took my kids out Trick or Treating this week, I saw many little girls dressed as penguins....coincidence? I think not.

Let me guess what you dressed up as . . .

jdaddy wrote:

Let me guess what you dressed up as . . .

I do not dress up for trick or treat I do have a Halloween party tonight that I must dress up for but I have had no time at all to put a costume together.

I do not dress up for trick or treat I do have a Halloween party tonight that I must dress up for but I have had no time at all to put a costume together.

Right. Exactly. But I bet Ed could help you out with a suggestion that would not require buying anything at all . . .

Are you prodding for another Chasity Bono picture to be posted? LOL I know I am not as big as her or him or whatever it is. Ehh what the hell do I care I have a pretty wife lol

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 30080_121790114520242_110789772286943_158571_2105411_n.jpg
    30080_121790114520242_110789772286943_158571_2105411_n.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 6
chaz-bono-04181002.jpg

I know I shouldn't be all up on another man's rhubarb, but yeah, your special lady friend is pretty fine.

As a big fan of the Sonny & Cher Show, I remember Chaz Bono when he was just a little girl:

chastity-bono-with-her-mother-and-father-cher-and-sonny-368x368.jpg

Back to the Steelhead Mini-jam, with such a large turnout possible, we should plan to chip in a dollar or two and designate someone to bring some coffee and treats/breakfast to the Saturday and/or Sunday morning pavilion gathering rather than leave this to someone's generosity and make them carry the whole burden.

In addition, to confirm, was the plan to meet both Friday and Saturday nights at the A-Tavern, or will there be an after-hours gathering at Foley's Pavilion on Saturday evening? If the weather is pleasant Sat. eve,* I favor booze purchased by the case and bottle, rather than at barroom prices, but, then again, I am cheap.

* No long-term forecast available yet, but the ten-day looks on track to result in "average" weather for the weekend, which means:
AVERAGES
Hi 50°F
Lo 37°F
RECORDS
Hi 71°F
Lo 20°F

gfen wrote:
I know I shouldn't be all up on another man's rhubarb, but yeah, your special lady friend is pretty fine.

There's a good reason why Becker is able to laugh all this off so easily. The girl in the picture with "Chaz" is an absolute pooch compared to Becker's wife - I kid you not. And she fishes - and she buys him fishing and tying supplies.

He has the last laugh!

Heritage-Angler wrote:
There's a good reason why Becker is able to laugh all this off so easily. The girl in the picture with "Chaz" is an absolute pooch compared to Becker's wife - I kid you not. And she fishes - and she buys him fishing and tying supplies.

That's one good reason, the other is it'd be downright savage if he admitted weakness in this school of pirahna....

Jack - I like the way you think! As far as I know, we'll only be gathering at the Avonia Tavern on Friday night. The only reason I planned that is because Ryan wasn't originally going to arrive until Saturday morning. In other words - I defer all decisions regarding the Jam to our fearless leader. :-D

Those dinner plate size donuts that Ryan brought last year were pretty awesome. I'd have no problem kicking in a few bucks if he'd be willing to bring them again!

Since no one seems to be staying at Folly's, it'd be no big deal for everyone to stop somewhere and BYO coffee and breakfast, either. Saves someone the responsibility of cleanup, too.

Has anyone been made aware of the bedbugs in Erie...I have seen 2 news stories and had two first hand accounts. Check behind the headboard for signs like the pic below...think maybe I'll just day trip it...

http://www.wicu12.com/news/index.vnss?newsid=10083&type=News

Attachments

• bed-bugs-infecting-mattress.jpg
    bed-bugs-infecting-mattress.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 5
O god damn it Tom! Now I am going to be freakin out thinking #OOPS# is crawling on me lol

Shane - Not to worry. The Sunset rooms are cleaned meticulously, but we'll double check it THOROUGHLY before our luggage goes in.

Can you say "chemical warfare"? I'm bringing two cans of Raid and my jammies are getting the permethrin treatment before I leave.

That's funny Shane, that was my exact response, particularly considering I am laying here in a $55 a night Travellodge motel bed at this very (now itchy/skeevey) moment!

Jeff...Tell me you did not look at your bed seams right away!? I ran up to my bed and checked everything out lol

Back