WW Jam September 22-24 Juniata River

Hi all,
My current plan is to go Friday and leave Friday night. I sort of have a soft commitment to work the PSU game- this soft though. weather should be better Friday and less boats on the water. I know its still a few day out but they are calling for winds Saturday.
I can bring my raft (2-person flycraft) for a float. If anyone is interested let me know. Otherwise I might just wade around the area. Is there a sign up for drinks/dishes?

Good day everyone. I will be following up on this thread soon with more in depth posts outlining more of the details. This post will just be to touch base a little bit.

I am planning to have some tents setup for Friday when some of you arrive. I will be planning on cooking hot dogs and burgers when I get there Friday. I will arrive around 4:00 or so as I will stop by right after leaving work.

The water levels of the river look good but the weather forecast looks drizzly and cool. The bass bite should really be pretty good as the big bass begin fattening up for the cold months ahead. The only downside is all of the dying vegetation.

I will be taking an attendance check on here in the coming days so I know how much food to get, etc. Please chime in with days of attendance and what you may bring. I know some of you have already been messaging me about getting food items. I will definitely be getting a bunch of chicken thighs, hot dogs, and burgers for everyone. I will probably make a side, too, and be able to pick some sweet kern from the garden.

Either way, we will see how it goes. I hope everyone has a good time and things go well.

I will be back in touch soon.

Hey Josh, I always look forward to your J-Jam weekend to cap off the summer. Unfortunately things didn't work out for me to make it this weekend.. Good fishing to you and the guys. I look forward to the pics and report from the Jammers.

Weather is going to suck in SEPA with a Nor'easter coming, but it looks like I can drive west for an improvement.

My plan is to come Saturday morning and car camp that night if fishing and weather cooperates.

I am out for Friday at this point because of later work commitments than I expected.

Weather is going to suck in SEPA with a Nor'easter coming, but it looks like I can drive west for an improvement.

Yup, hoping for better conditions to the West. Gonna head up Friday morning, it looks like a beautiful day.
Preparing for but hoping for a not so drizzly Saturday.

Friday is going to be better... so if anyone feels like they are going to be "sick" on Friday ...

O if anyone is interest in a float let me know by early this evening. I won't pack the raft.

Last edited:
Friday is going to be better... so if anyone feels like they are going to be "sick" on Friday ...

O if anyone is interest in a float let me know by early this evening. I won't pack the raft.
I'll be there Friday. Not sure of the details on the float, but i could be interested.

Hey folks. The weather looks a little rainy, but I will not be canceling the event. I am going to be setting up a 20x30 tent tonight over by the old white farmhouse. I will also add a few E-Z-Up style canopies. There will be plenty of coverage for rain. The door to the farmhouse will be unlocked. Food can be placed in the refrigerator in there.

As far as how the fishing goes and the amount of rain, who knows? We will just have to wait and see. Please check in here and leave a post if anyone plans to not come due to the weather. I want to have a firm grasp on the number of attendees. At the very worst we end up shooting the breeze under a big tent eating, talking, and relaxing. I know we will be able to squeeze some fishing in though, too.

Just a reminder I won't be making an appearance until 4:00 pm or so on Friday. I will probably only fish a bit on Friday evening before coming back to get supper rolling for the gang.

Last edited:
I'll be arriving on Friday around 6pm or 7pm. Bring some pasta salad. If you need anything else let me know. I'll be pulling my raft. I'll have two seats open so if anyone wants to float with me your more than welcome. O yea you'll have to share the rowing duties a little, I want to fish too. My plan is to float from Lewistown to the Lewiston Narrows about 6 miles or to Arch Rock 10 miles. Looking forward to the outing.

I'll bring calico beans (beef, bacon, 3 different beans with a BBQ tang). It will be cooked and in a crockpot and will only need to be warmed for about 20 min before serving.
I'll get there in the morning and probably float about noon

Hey Josh. I'll be arriving Friday, and I'll be leaving before noon on Sunday. Bringing mac 'n cheese and charcoal.

What is your favorite at Bob's Subs?

Hey Josh. I'll be arriving Friday, and I'll be leaving before noon on Sunday. Bringing mac 'n cheese and charcoal.

What is your favorite at Bob's Subs?
Barry,

I've always liked a Bob's Delight or a Spicy Italian.

See you some time tomorrow

I’ll be arriving sometime Friday afternoon. I was planning on stopping at an Amish deli on the way up, was thinking about pasta salad but it looks Dave has that covered. I guess it will have to be a game time decision (maybe deviled eggs, if they have them!) They have so much good stuff it shouldn’t be too hard.

I’m really looking forward to catching up with some old friends and meeting many new ones as this will be my first WW jam. Thanks for the invite, Josh!

I'll be up Friday evening. Adam arriving Saturday. He's a teacher too. We fish in the rain. Bringing some Greekish pasta and veggie salad. Will pick some apples for snacks or if anyone wants to takes some home. My tree went bonkers. Only have one question so I can plan accordingly, is there a coffee situation on Saturday or Sunday? Not opposed to making a run or making my own, just my first time on the J. Seeing some newer board names and some old standards. Looking forward to hearing new stories.

Okay folks, I put together a list of people coming and possible times. I looked through this thread quickly so I may have made a mistake.

Arriving Friday - Linwood, Lars, Nymphingmaniac, Tom
Arriving Saturday - Adam, Nymph-Wristed

Who may come, may not come, and who knows when they may show up - Maurice, Dave_W, Gfoldec, Ace S, Tim M, DAW, and HopBack

I was trying to plan this when nothing at all was happening at the property and I thought this weekend was clear. There will be a wedding happening on another part of the property. It is what it is and it shouldn't really affect us. They have a huge tent just behind the winery/barn. I have a 20x30 tent over near the old white farmhouse. I set the tent up tonight and put one table under it. I left the house unlocked for people to put food in the kitchen/refrigerator.

When I arrive tomorrow I will get more tables, get electric ran and put some lights/tiki torches up and stuff. I will be able to plug in croc-pots, etc. I will also be bringing a grill over, a coleman camp stove, etc. I apologize that I am a little last minute this year, but I actually think it will work out great.

is there a coffee situation on Saturday or Sunday?
Tom, there will be coffee. I am not sure if I am going to bring a Keurig and a bunch of pods or just a big drip pot, but either way it will be out underneath the tent for all to use.

I am a man who loves his coffee so that one ranks high on my list of what is important, too.

Seeing weather, I am going to try my best to leave Friday so I can fish the evening and eat with you fellas. I have a 1 PM meeting I have to attend, but I may try to get out of a 3 PM one that popped up.

I am very open to trout fishing in the rain on Saturday if anyone is interested. Just more rod tubes to sleep with, I figure....

I'm also bringing a medium sized cooler with Founders Octoberfest and will place it under the tent. Help yourselves. I don't know when I'll get back from the float- just leave 1 for me.

Okay folks, I put together a list of people coming and possible times. I looked through this thread quickly so I may have made a mistake.

Arriving Friday - Linwood, Lars, Nymphingmaniac, Tom
Arriving Saturday - Adam, Nymph-Wristed

Who may come, may not come, and who knows when they may show up - Maurice, Dave_W, Gfoldec, Ace S, Tim M, DAW, and HopBack

I was trying to plan this when nothing at all was happening at the property and I thought this weekend was clear. There will be a wedding happening on another part of the property. It is what it is and it shouldn't really affect us. They have a huge tent just behind the winery/barn. I have a 20x30 tent over near the old white farmhouse. I set the tent up tonight and put one table under it. I left the house unlocked for people to put food in the kitchen/refrigerator.

When I arrive tomorrow I will get more tables, get electric ran and put some lights/tiki torches up and stuff. I will be able to plug in croc-pots, etc. I will also be bringing a grill over, a coleman camp stove, etc. I apologize that I am a little last minute this year, but I actually think it will work out great.
wetly (Dave) is coming too Friday night

Back