WW Jam September 22-24 Juniata River

Seeing weather, I am going to try my best to leave Friday so I can fish the evening and eat with you fellas. I have a 1 PM meeting I have to attend, but I may try to get out of a 3 PM one that popped up.

I am very open to trout fishing in the rain on Saturday if anyone is interested. Just more rod tubes to sleep with, I figure....
Hey, we can find a place for your rod tubes in the house....you won't have to use them for a pillow. I would love to go trout fishing and many good trout streams are close by. It all depends on how many people are there and what people's plans end up looking like. Who knows about the weather, either. It might not be that bad at all here in MiffCo. We will see.

I’ll be there there Friday as well. Probably sometime latter part of the afternoon.

Tom, there will be coffee. I am not sure if I am going to bring a Keurig and a bunch of pods or just a big drip pot, but either way it will be out underneath the tent for all to use.

I am a man who loves his coffee so that one ranks high on my list of what is important, too.
Very cool, thank you.

Okay folks, I put together a list of people coming and possible times. I looked through this thread quickly so I may have made a mistake.

Arriving Friday - Linwood, Lars, Nymphingmaniac, Tom
Arriving Saturday - Adam, Nymph-Wristed

Who may come, may not come, and who knows when they may show up - Maurice, Dave_W, Gfoldec, Ace S, Tim M, DAW, and HopBack

I was trying to plan this when nothing at all was happening at the property and I thought this weekend was clear. There will be a wedding happening on another part of the property. It is what it is and it shouldn't really affect us. They have a huge tent just behind the winery/barn. I have a 20x30 tent over near the old white farmhouse. I set the tent up tonight and put one table under it. I left the house unlocked for people to put food in the kitchen/refrigerator.

When I arrive tomorrow I will get more tables, get electric ran and put some lights/tiki torches up and stuff. I will be able to plug in croc-pots, etc. I will also be bringing a grill over, a coleman camp stove, etc. I apologize that I am a little last minute this year, but I actually think it will work out great.
Dear jifigz,

I'm thinking about taking a run up tomorrow after work. If I brought my booger-snots dog, would he be welcome? If not, i can leave him home to cry that I went away! ;)

I'd only stay overnight Friday, and then I have to bail for a family reunion. Coming up Sunday ain't looking good either for me and you won't have to worry about feeding me.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Boomer 7-21-22 -1 by Tim Murphy, on Flickr

Dear jifigz,

I'm thinking about taking a run up tomorrow after work. If I brought my booger-snots dog, would he be welcome? If not, i can leave him home to cry that I went away! ;)

I'd only stay overnight Friday, and then I have to bail for a family reunion. Coming up Sunday ain't looking good either for me and you won't have to worry about feeding me.

Regards,

Boomer 7-21-22 -1 by Tim Murphy, on Flickr
I don't care as long as:

It won't chase the chickens, it won't bite anyone, it won't constantly whine and try to steal everyone's food. But really, the biggest, is the chickens. It's never good when dogs chase the chickens..... And lots of dogs love chickens.

I hate to do this, but Ophelia has made me rethink my plans. My apologies as i know Josh has put a lot of effort into this and i was truly looking forward to meeting everyone.

I hate to do this, but Ophelia has made me rethink my plans. My apologies as i know Josh has put a lot of effort into this and i was truly looking forward to meeting everyone.
Ha, it is all good. I mean, the weather doesn't look great. Today I think we will be fine, tomorrow I think it will actually be tolerable. I am watching the news right this moment and it looks like Sunday is gonna be the day that really sucks.

Take care Lars. We will catch up next year if all goes as planned.

I'm out. Good luck folks and I'm looking forward to seeing the pics.

:ROFLMAO: I didn't know the storm had a name until a minute ago. I just thought his mother-in-law liked Shakespeare and his wife was rather controlling. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry Josh, I think I am gonna pass this time. As much as I wanted to come I think the rain is going to be too much. Have a fun time guys.

Maurice

Was looking forward to being there but just the wrong weather for an old guy.

how are you guys making out with all this rain? hope you are still enjoying yourselves

Dear jifigz,

What sucks about all of this is that when you planned this I had every intention of coming up for the weekend. Then a family reunion/birthday party came up for today and that made things hard but not impossible to at least get up to say hey and meet some new people.

This morning rolled around, and my mom called and said dad is sick, so we won't be going to the reunion. I was the designated driver but with this weather I wasn't in the mood to go anywhere.

Like Kyle said, I hope you all are having a good time. I will try again next year if I'm still alive!

Regards,

20230923 165925

I almost came back in the morning, but fishing from 10:30-8 Friday had me dragging and I reconsidered.
3 ofthe 4 larger ones. all tanks

Attachments

• tempImage69Awdo.png
    tempImage69Awdo.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • tempImage77oiRj.png
    tempImage77oiRj.png
    1 MB · Views: 48
  • tempImagemursdo.png
    tempImagemursdo.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Sorry I did not notify you of my wimping out.looks like some nice fish were caught. Looked very rainy at the game in state college.looking forward to better weather luck next year.

Back