woollybugger swap ever done?

I was sold a few micro buggers at backwater angler for the gunpowder. They are apparently pretty effective down there. I had no luck, but figure they might be useful.

Joe,

tabasco_joe says,,,,
"I've just started concentrating on learning how to fish buggers."???
That funny, the less I concentate while fishing buggers, the better I do!!!!

I'm definatelly in for this swap, I will be tying a bugger with a deerhair head, no color in mind so if anyone has a prefence let me know, I will tie accordally. What the group decides is fine with me, I will have the flies in by the deadline this TIME!!!!!

JH

PS... HAPPY BIRD-DAY everyone!!!

I'm new here, but if there is still room, I'd like to get in on this. At this point, I am unsure of what I'm going to tie. I'd also vote on waiting until after the holidays.

Tom

e-setter,

Welcome aboard!!!

Agreed.

Welcome e-setter.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I'll do a size 10 conehead olive bugger with brown hackle.

Tom

Welcome aboard e-setter, you make it a bakers dozen.

Ok lets tie. Olive seems to be popular even with me.
Date?

How bout we go with a due date of Friday Feb. 1.

Here is the current list of people signed up. If you don't have a pattern let me know what you choose. I have to decide what pattern to tie too.

DJMyers -
CAMBYSES -
Tabasco_Joe - Chili Pepper
MediClimber - Olive body, black marabou, dun hackle
JayL - Black body, black tail, olive hackle
Jaybo41 -
FlyFishermanJ - Bugger with deer hair head
WoolyBugger -
BuckBarrett -
PennsCreek - Olive with beadhead
Bruno - Xmas tree bugger
TomGamber -
E-setter - conehead olive bugger w/ brown hackle

I still need email addresses from some of you. If you could PM me your email address that way I can keep you informed.

CAMBYSES
Tabasco_Joe
WoolyBugger
E-setter

I have decided to tie a brown body with brown marabou

Mine doesn't have a name...let's call it "gumby". I've caught a ton of fish with it since I came up with it about a month ago. Its basically a bright green bead-head bugger with a tail of all black crystal flash.

Are we going to tie an extra one for Jack or Dave like we did in the terrestrial swap?

The last swap it was optional. Some guys sent extras and some didn't. I am leaving the choice up to each person.

I say include them. Dave and Jack and all of the moderators provide us with this resource and we should thank them. I mean who in their right mind would deal with all the crazies that populate this board. :lol:

That being said I am ditching work for the rest o'the day and i am going to introduce my butt to a barstool. :pint:

How many extras do you want included?

Hey is it too late from a Pa boy living in Montana to get in on this bugger swap?

As long as it is ok with the rest of the guys but then I think we will consider this closed. When you get a chance Flybop can you PM me your email address and if you know what pattern you are going to tie.

Here is the current list

1 DJMyers - Brown bugger
2 CAMBYSES -
3 Tabasco_Joe - Chili Pepper
4 MediClimber - Olive body, black marabou, dun hackle
5 JayL - Black body, black tail, olive hackle
6 Jaybo41 - Krystal Bugger
7 FlyFishermanJ - Bugger with deer hair head
8 WoolyBugger -
9 BuckBarrett - Olive with beadhead
10 PennsCreek - Olive with beadhead
11 Bruno - Xmas tree bugger
12 TomGamber - Gumby (green bead head, tail of black crystal flash)
13 E-setter - conehead olive bugger w/ brown hackle
14 Bill - bead head disco bugger
15 Flybop -

Thanks. Just sent you an email and a pic of my bugger.

I tied up 14 buggers for the swap yesterday...I see we have 15 tiers...I need to make another for Dave...Jack is welcome to raid my fly box anytime we fish...If they were dries I'd make sure and sent him some but I just want to sure up the math...other than DAve and jack the number is 14 right?

Yes, we have a total of 15 people tying so you would need to submit 14 flies.

Back