woollybugger swap ever done?

I bought a cheapy $25 vice and I love it. However I have never used a "Good" vice so I guess I don't really know.

for what its worth

Bob

I played around with a lot of different rotary vises before geting my Renzetti Traveler. I suggest doing the same since your likes and dislikes may be far diffrent than mine or anyone else. I liked the Mongoose too, but the Traveler just worked better for me.

I have been a huge fan of the Nor Vise for many years. This vise does not just rotate, it spins. For tying buggers, big nymphs, streamers, just about anything the Nor really speeds up the process.

It is a bit different and there is a short learning curve, but Norm has some very good demos on his site and also on You tube. His auto-magic bobin is a blast too.

I finished the tentative draft of the Wooly Bugger Page:

2008 Wooly Bugger Swap

Please let me know if you see any errors, or if anyone was left out or if there need to be corrections.

It will take me a while to get this page and these flies integrated into the Master Index.

Just to let you know, I was looking at the page and noticed that the recipe for my bugger was incorrect. I figure this is due to it just being a draft and things got mixed up

Hook: Size 8 streamer hook, 2xL,
Olive maribou, chenille and saddle hackle
silver bead

PennsCreek wrote:
Just to let you know, I was looking at the page and noticed that the recipe for my bugger was incorrect. I figure this is due to it just being a draft and things got mixed up

Hook: Size 8 streamer hook, 2xL,
Olive maribou, chenille and saddle hackle
silver bead

I tried to correct it, but your explanation of the corrections wasn't very clear. If it still is incorrect, please post or send the entire recipe as you would like it to appear.

JackM wrote:
I finished the tentative draft of the Wooly Bugger Page:

2008 Wooly Bugger Swap

Please let me know if you see any errors, or if anyone was left out or if there need to be corrections.

It will take me a while to get this page and these flies integrated into the Master Index.

I think the Olive Bugger and the Bugger Unknown are the same no? Anyway thanks for putting the pictures together Jack.

I realized there is one problem wiht these swaps. I was trying to downsize the number of bugger patterns I carry and now i have a bunch more I think I need.

The Bugger Unknown was a copy of the image of the other, kept on the page as a placeholder for making the final revisions.

I have incorporated all the pics and recipes I was provided, but it seems to me that Cambyses' and PennsCreek's recipes may be mixed together.

If anyone can help straigten them out, PM me complete recipes for either or both flies and confirm I have the picture paired with the correct tier and fly.

Jack,

My recipe is right on the money, thank you for the hard work and time

Bob

Back