>>>What Are You Tying Today? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sulfur, emerging dun. Lets get this thread back to the top.

GenCon

Attachments

• em sulfur.jpg
    em sulfur.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 2
20%20Incher%20Stone_zpsdvzs6fvs.jpg

Gencon, great fly! Would you share the recipe? Was just looking for a recipe for tying up some sulphur emergers and duns.

A little lunch time amusement...

Attachments

• 20160429_120639-320x180.jpg
    20160429_120639-320x180.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 3
laurelrun wrote:
Gencon, great fly! Would you share the recipe? Was just looking for a recipe for tying up some sulphur emergers and duns.

Thanks Jim,

Hook, # 14 or 16 dry emerger hook.
Shuck, dark brown zelon. looped. Catches lots of bubbles when done like this.
Body sulfur color to match naturals. From pale yellow to bright. Pale orange to brighter. Pale yellow with a touch of olive. Fly rite.
Hackle light ginger.
Wing post light dun zelon. Tied in a loop then spread like a comparadun. Tyger calls these comparachutes LOL
Thread dark brown 12/0 euro thread.

GenCon

Volksnurse wrote:
A little lunch time amusement...

Nice JT, what size are they?

GenCon

Heyya GenCon,

20's for now.... CDC, thread and dubbing. Sort of a twist on the F Fly-I like a more upright wing. Sometimes with a tail, sometimes not ..I know its a generic pattern, but they work so disturbingly dang well...

Same pattern works in cream and yellow.

Oh...and Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday Sensei!

I've been hitting the Tully a good bit over the past week and a half. I tied up this size 14 tan caddis emerger as a bit of a change up for the Tully rainbows. Tried it out for a short time on the way home during a steady rain this afternoon and it produced very well dropped off of the bend of a CDC & Elk.

Attachments

• Tan Caddis Emerger.JPG
    Tan Caddis Emerger.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 5
Tying up some size 14 Adams dry flies

Can't get the picture to upload

Z-wing%20Caddis_zps0alga5ir.jpg

JG63 wrote:
Female Green Drake Spinnner

JG, the ant is cool. But the GD spinner is sweeeet!

GenCon

^ I agree!

Nfrechet, that z wing caddis is nice!

E. Guttulata spinner:

Mustad 94840 #10
"Post" foam body with tails made from 12 pond mono colored with a brown Sharpie. I stick a straight pin in the foam and put the mono in the hole. Seal with loon UV fly finish. Body is Ligas "Dark Hares Ear" dubbing with two ancient badger hackle (from my Dad's stash) wrapped to form wing tips. Head is white thread with same brown Sharpie dots for the eyes. I made the first one up as I went along - the second went a little easier.

2D38B4FF-4480-4CE5-BA35-7ABEF65D7577.jpg

You could tie the wing tips spent and clip the bottom hackle for a sort of comparadun shape. I considered using a light tan marker to segment the body or wrap with tying thread but looking at the naturals makes me think the fish won't mind that lack of detail. BTW Gencon, i LOVE that Suphur looping emerger!

Some big ole fire tiger streamers. . .

Attachments

• Firetiger.JPG
    Firetiger.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 2
^ Whoa, those are cool! What kind of hook is that in the top streamer? Looks like the bottom one uses a stinger hook? Whst species you targeting?

I'd definately be slinging those puppies!

Tried my hand at the Mini Mr. Hankey mouse pattern. I have a new love for flipping mouse patterns at random times.

20160501_161531_zpskbz1k4ex.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back