>>>What Are You Tying Today? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green drake soft hackle. We may see some next week at the jam.

GenCon

Attachments

• green drake SH.jpg
    green drake SH.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 2
Nice one Gencon.

Nice green drake soft hackle what size and do you swing that gencon

I haven't tied in a while so I had to hit the bench to prepare for a recent fishing session over the weekend. I spun out these for the sulfurs. And they worked, oh did they work.

Attachments

• Sulphur Softhackle.JPG
    Sulphur Softhackle.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Beadhead Softhackle Sulphur.JPG
    Beadhead Softhackle Sulphur.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 3
Arrowflinger wrote:
Nice green drake soft hackle what size and do you swing that gencon

Thanks, yes I will be swinging these.

GenCon

Nice fly Maurice.

GenCon

Adams%20Trude_zps3zvimqxw.jpg

Norm, that is a great looking Trude.

GenCon

Real nice ties everyone. You got me Mike. I'm going to crank out a couple of those Green Drake soft hackles yet tonight. I have no intention of being stuck on the stream without a few of them in my pack when when you start hammering the brownies on them. Good stuff!

Thanks John, it will be great to fish with you. I will see you on Thurs.

GenCon

Let me try this again.

'Tis the season!

Attachments

• drake.JPG
    drake.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 3
edhank wrote:
Let me try this again.

'Tis the season!

Nice fly!

GenCon

Coachman%20Trude_zpsf2hqvadu.jpg

Lime%20Trude_zpsgyn9s2ae.jpg

Love the trudes...

Started tying for the big mayflies, hope to see a few coming off of the Tionesta soon

Attachments

• brown drake.jpg
    brown drake.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 2
I was contacted by forum member - melvinp and asked if I would help him get some photos of his flies posted up onto the Fly Tying Forum. melvinp has been a regular on the forum and has participated in several Fly Swaps over the past year or so and has a desire to contribute more to the Fly Tying Forum by sharing some of his flies. He has tied some great flies. In fact, I stuck a nice carp on one of his flies that I received back in a Streamer Swap in 2015. I'm glad to be able to help out another forum member and I get to add these three great creations to my Smallie box. I can't wait to fish them they look great. Here are three variations of the streamer that melvinp has been tying.

Attachments

• melvinp 1.JPG
    melvinp 1.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 3
  • melvinp 2.JPG
    melvinp 2.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 2
  • melvinp 3.JPG
    melvinp 3.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 2
Have to start by thanking DC410 for posting my pictures.This creation is tied on 1.0 and 2.0 jig hooks or any size you prefer,Maraboo tail with a little flash,Estaz and hackel body wrapped at the same time with a soft hackle collar.The only thing kind of odd is that I tie a tread base for the cone first so I don't have to build all the thread for the cone at the end it keeps it looking a little cleaner.They have been very productive so far in colors of olive and brown.Seems to be the more rubber or silicone legs the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back