>>>What Are You Tying Today? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual a bunch of awesome ties on here. Been working on some dries as of late.

Attachments

• rsz_royal_wulff.jpg
    rsz_royal_wulff.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 3
J55tyger88 wrote:
^ Whoa, those are cool! What kind of hook is that in the top streamer? Looks like the bottom one uses a stinger hook? Whst species you targeting?

I'd definately be slinging those puppies!

Thanks! I love the barred rabbit strips.

These flies are tied to swim hook upward, as almost all my streamers are, and the upper fly is a single hook version utilizing a fairly large hook designed for soft plastics (I use a lot of hooks that are designed for spin fishermen).
You will want the wider rabbit strips, about a quarter inch of hide, and carefully punch the hook thru the hide. The lower version is indeed a double hook and is tied for trout (I like stinger hooks in my trout streamers). The upper fly will go to my bass box. My bass flies are tied with a single hook.

Dave W, I like your style! Thanks for explaining, and I'm a HUGE fan of rabbit strips in my streamers. Nice work.

One of my all time favorites as a kid was a red and white popper that Dad had in his box. I took it one day and caught over 100 bluegills at the Carlisle Fish and Game pond. I used that thing for a few seasons when it finally broke apart. Hundreds of Bluegills and Bass were landed with that bug. I never found another like it so I made one out of craft store foam, some crystal flash, markers and a red hackle. The original had no rubber legs and just a couple wraps of red hackle with the hackle points as tails. I think the fish will forgive the Crystal flash. Popper is upside down in the vise for better visibility. Here is the bug as best as I can remember:

477CB8B7-1A6F-439D-9682-CB221FA7A831.jpg

The eyes are red and black marker with a gob of Loon thick UV cure fly finish. Final Sally Hansen clear coat on the whole body. Tied on a Mustad 94840 size 10

A7238BC9-4AEF-4C8D-AC0C-9D4504DC1237.jpg

A7720C00-2943-4B3E-BCAF-09F14C69D9E4.jpg

Roach%20River%20Robber_zpsfkpkjtci.jpg

Roach River Robber

HOOK: 6xl streamer
THREAD: Black
BODY: Red Uni-stretch, yarn, floss etc
THROAT: Natural brown deer back hairs (sparse)
WING: Gray Squirrel tail hair

Variant = 3 Strands of twisted red ultra wire for the body

Reference: found this one on the internet

Originated by Dan Legere

I was catching fish one afternoon this week on a tan caddis pattern but noticed the first sulphurs of the season popping off. So I went to the vise this evening and tied a few different sulphur patterns to try this year. Here is a size 16 CDC sulphur dun.

Attachments

• CDC Sulpher dun.JPG
    CDC Sulpher dun.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 5
Nice flys guys

GenCon

Black%20Ghost%20Marabou%20Wing_zpstgcutwcx.jpg

Moosehead%20Belle_zpsypn3gpon.jpg

Montreal%20Whore_zpsoz5jwhrq.jpg

Foam Frog MKII - improvement with better eyes, improved forelegs, and weed guard:

A051C584-DFC7-4577-9671-19E94829AA64_1.jpg

Ventral view showing weed guard detail:

5B4268D4-494F-4C5B-95E3-6803C5279901.jpg

Tactical support beverage:

71DF4150-1D23-4FD6-902A-9398BD7BBC32_1.jpg

Nice frog....and excellent beverage choice!

JG63 wrote:
Foam Frog MKII - improvement with better eyes, improved forelegs, and weed guard:

Norm, you are cranking out some beautiful streamers. Very well done.
JG nice looking frog. Do you dip it in the beer to add flotation?

GenCon

White%20Ghost_zps0s4s6tvh.jpg

Hmmm, a dip in the beer would mask human scent... Smallmouth are known to prefer ales, hopefully big Browns do too!

Norm, I'd love to see your versions of the Edson Tigers. I found some of the gold spoon eyes that were used in the later productions. I love both but really like the Edson Tiger Light (peacock body yellow wing wood duck tail). My Dad still talks of 100 fish days on Lake Damrascotta using the ETD and ETL.

Last night's production.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back